You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. Question about some math in the Demon Hunter Marauder build

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
1 month ago#1
So I'm currently running a Marauder Rocket based build on my DH, and the build at Icy Veins gives two options for the armor slot of the cube.

Visage of Gunes: gives Vengeance the Dark Heart rune, aka, 50% reduced damage while Vengeance is active.

Or

The Cloak of the Garwulf: Companion Wolf now summons 3 wolves instead of one.

Now the argument they use is that with a perfectly rolled Zoey's secret (You take 9% less damage for each active companion), the toughness loss of using the Garwulf is only 3%. I'm not getting how they reached this number though.

Visage of Gunes is 50% less damage, the added two wolves from Garwulf is only 18% less damage with a perfectly rolled Zoey's. Is there some multiplier at work here or something? Or is the logic being used at Icy Veins simply wrong?
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: haarlem1982

haarlem1982
1 month ago#2
If you're using a marauder build that can use both zoey and visage, then yes, visage is better.

I'm kind of wondering which exact build you're talking about though, marauder rockets doesn't immediately ring a bell for me
Listen to Haarlem, he may be a cheeky bastard, but he is full of correct info - Chaon
psn ScrubbyMcCasul

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
1 month ago#3
If you go to Icy Veins’ Marauder Cluster Arrow Grenade build, there’s a link to a variation of the build that uses Cluster Arrow Rockets instead.

That’s where they make the comparison.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: haarlem1982

haarlem1982
1 month ago#4
Ahh, ok.

Yeah, what I'm more interested in reading that sentence is the extra damage they talk about.

What I don't know, is if having 3 wolves gives you a 30% damage boost on activation over the 10% you'd normally get with 1 wolf (although I honestly don't think so). If that's the case, then it's garwulf all the way, if not, the damage they talk about is meaningless, so gumes would be the better option unless you use evasive fire for more than just a F&R proc and can use the dark heart rune over seethe
Listen to Haarlem, he may be a cheeky bastard, but he is full of correct info - Chaon
psn ScrubbyMcCasul

User Info: rpgryaknow144

rpgryaknow144
1 month ago#5
As ive stated many times........ Icyveins is a good start but i highly reccomend doing some research as well. Some of their builds are off or are flat out incorrect.......

Icyveins build guide for the R6 HoTa barb is flat out garbage and wont work in high GRs, and their Shenlongs Fist Generator monk is no good as well for high pushing. I can go on explain why if u really want to know lol, but i can back my statements up about those 2 builds is because ive pushed over GR115 with them as well as spent quite a bit of time playing and researching on those builds. Also nobody who has pushed high with those builds even use their recommened setup on those 2 builds.

Icyvein's WW guide also use to recommended Bane of the Trapped, Pain Enhancer, and Stricken for solo GR pushing for the longest and that was flat out incorrect as well...... They recently revised it to Taeguk, Pain Enhancer, and Stricken which is the correct way. Most people dont realize since ur constantly moving and never staying in 1 place, most of the enemies are getting damaged from ur 'nadoes and they aren't proc'ing bane of the trapped. But Taeguk despite being additive and not mulplicitive is buffing all those 'nadoes that are all over ur screen clears mobs quicker.

haarlem1982 posted...
Ahh, ok.

Yeah, what I'm more interested in reading that sentence is the extra damage they talk about.

What I don't know, is if having 3 wolves gives you a 30% damage boost on activation over the 10% you'd normally get with 1 wolf (although I honestly don't think so). If that's the case, then it's garwulf all the way, if not, the damage they talk about is meaningless, so gumes would be the better option unless you use evasive fire for more than just a F&R proc and can use the dark heart rune over seethe

Try out both setups and see...... lol shoot now im kind of curious myself. Not much of DH guy so i wouldnt know where to begin lol
Aint nothing like pimpin just let it roll, muthafu**in s**t god dam a**hol*.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. Question about some math in the Demon Hunter Marauder build