You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. Ancient items for this season 17

User Info: billybgame

billybgame
1 month ago#1
Seems the Blizz page etc think we all are very familiar and know how this all works. I have no idea. Never have seen this set and last season was my very first.

So, how exactly do we create/acquire these ancient items that this sets mods enhance the damage from? Kanai's Cube recipe? Also, it just says "ancient"....but it is ancient uniques that get the set mod right?

And, are "ancient" items easily identifiable? I mean, are they title "Ancient whatever?" I see they are hard to find....maybe I've never seen one.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Heluva

Heluva
1 month ago#2
U aquire them just like any other item: find/gamble/upgrade rare item in the cube/reforge etc.
Says on the item "Ancient legenday mace/sword/bow etc"
To quickly identify, ancients have a different frame border.

More: https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/72983x/extreme_noob_here_what_is_the_difference_between/
With fear i kiss the burning darkness ...
(edited 1 month ago)

billybgame
1 month ago#3
Ok....thanks....I also found the D3 wiki that explains.....pretty positive I've never seen one. Given the % guessing kind of hard to find, unless purposely forging/cubing.

I'm just going to play through the story and guess worry about it when I get closer to lvl 70.

How many season players play the story now? I read where some just go right to Adventure mode.

User Info: Heluva

Heluva
1 month ago#4
Nobody plays story in season or non-season. Everyone jumps into adventure stright away and grind Normal Rifts until lvl 70.
With fear i kiss the burning darkness ...

User Info: Hungry_for_Sex

Hungry_for_Sex
1 month ago#5
Heluva posted...
Nobody plays story in season or non-season. Everyone jumps into adventure stright away and grind Normal Rifts until lvl 70.

sweet as, thanks for heads upper
D3PS4, FF15 PC, DBZ Dokkan Battle, FF Mobius, Puzzle & Dragons
Launch PS4, i5 7600K, 16GB, 1060 6GB, T300RS GT

billybgame
1 month ago#6
I'm the dummy playing story...probably takes a lot longer to level I guess.

User Info: jisher

jisher
1 month ago#7
I recommend playing through the story at least once. To get all the trophies (if you care about that), you must play the story with each class. Adventure mode is quicker, but there's no rush.

billybgame
1 month ago#8
Right....each season I plan to play the story, then move on to any Season Journey things I've missed. I think it'd get boring just only doing Adventure mode.

User Info: samsengir

samsengir
1 month ago#9
billybgame posted...
Right....each season I plan to play the story, then move on to any Season Journey things I've missed. I think it'd get boring just only doing Adventure mode.

While the grind can be real I tend to join a few buddies in a chat and quite often in the game lobby too.
It feels less of a grind when you can call it an interactive chat room.
PSN ID - samsengir
People say they could care less when, logically, they mean they couldn't care less.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. Ancient items for this season 17