You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. Any advice for a new player?

User Info: S_S_D_D

S_S_D_D
1 month ago#1
I recently started playing D3 for the first time. I've been thinking of buying it for years, but had other games to play, etc, etc.

I was just hoping to get a little general advice to help enhance my experience. I've spent a good amount of time googling, but most of the info I come across is above my pay grade. I'm obviously way behind the pack here. I haven't played Greater Rifts or anything yet.

So here's some info, just to give an idea of where I'm at in the game:

I have the eternal collection.

I've been playing solo.

I completed story mode using a Demon Hunter, then got her up to 70 in adventure mode.

I just started a seasonal character and I'm currently doing bounties. This character is also a Demon hunter. I was really looking forward to trying a different class, but I read online that you can only get "Haedrig's Gift" once per season, so I wanted to get that set for my DH class.

Don't know if it really matters, but I've been using the Templar follower. None of the followers seem to be much help, but at least he buffs my character and heals. Is there a way to make followers more useful, other than just giving them better gear?

I think that's about it. So, any advice for a rookie?
There can be no Happiness without Sadness. No Pleasure without Pain. No Love without Hate. No Life without Death.

User Info: mt830plus

mt830plus
1 month ago#2
Get Kanai’s cube and don’t be afraid to extract powers - you’ll be swimming in legendaries eventually. If you want to be safe about it wait till you have 3 of the same one and extract the weakest.

Check out icyveins for builds.

Dabble in all the classes. Never played WD until this last season and now it’s my fav class.

Try and recruit friends so you can boost each other to 70 quickly. Once you’ve played the story there’s no need to do it again imo. 1-70 should only take about 30-40 minutes with a properly geared/specced buddy running T6 rifts.
PSN: Mr_Gojira

User Info: The_OD

The_OD
1 month ago#3
In reference to @mt830plus 's comment about "extracting the weakest", it doesn't matter really which one you extract, be it the weakest or the strongest, they all extract to the same overall, which is max abilities.
PSN EddieLMT
Currently Playing; EVE: Online ; God of War ; Marvel's Spider-Man
(message deleted)

User Info: Heluva

Heluva
1 month ago#5
The_OD posted...
In reference to @mt830plus 's comment about "extracting the weakest", it doesn't matter really which one you extract, be it the weakest or the strongest, they all extract to the same overall, which is max abilities.

Im sure he meant weakest overal weapon, not legendary power.
If u've got 2 same weapons, 1 primal and 1 simple legendary, the weakest would be the second one.
With fear i kiss the burning darkness ...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: S_S_D_D

S_S_D_D
1 week ago#6
Thanks for the advice, guys.

So I was able to piece together the Marauder's set for my DH and what a game changer! I was worried about being able to play on Torment IV to finish the seasonal challenge in time, but as soon as I completed that set, I was able to bump up the difficulty. I'm 1-hit killing everything lol
There can be no Happiness without Sadness. No Pleasure without Pain. No Love without Hate. No Life without Death.

User Info: rpgryaknow144

rpgryaknow144
1 week ago#7
make sure ur gear is rolled correctly......... D3 is more about how your gear is rolled as opposed to having the gear. A character full of non ancient gear rolled correctly beats a character full of primals rolled incorrectly.
Aint nothing like pimpin just let it roll, muthafu**in s**t god dam a**hol*.

User Info: DanBourne

DanBourne
1 week ago#8
Learn how to use Kanai's Cube.

Get Legandary gems and use them.

Followers are good for a few things, damage isn't one of them. icyveins has a good guide for followers.

Diablo is all about synergy. Gear that boosts skills that you use.

If your happy with your game then keep playing, when you want to push higher thats when you start tweaking and looking at small things like attributes on gear.
Go the All blacks!!!
PSN: EnticingDan
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. Any advice for a new player?