You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. So S17 or PoE? Thoughts and Opinions

User Info: rpgryaknow144

rpgryaknow144
1 month ago#11
Ill do both..... more than likely make a support charcter since u don't require high paragons or augments for high GR pusbhing.

Then either a LoN Necro for rats or a LoN star pact...... dont listen to people who say u can't play SP on console. I know of at least 2 people that brought into 140+ 4 man GRs and said its doable with some practice.
Aint nothing like pimpin just let it roll, muthafu**in s**t god dam a**hol*.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: sejembalm

sejembalm
1 month ago#12
Path of Exile uses microtransactions and I usually don't play such games on principle, even though the game is free to play. I would much rather pay for a game and get perks by achievements rather than paying for them. But even $60 games being sold are filled with microtransactions and expensive DLC.

Plenty of games do microtransactions right. Overwatch, for example, doesn't let you pay for anything that affects gameplay, while others feel explicitly designed to nickel-and-dime the player at every turn, such as Evolve that launched in early 2015 as a $60, multiplayer-only game, but that didn't stop publisher 2K from bombarding players with pricey DLC options from day one. Diablo III also had microtransactions that were so bad, Blizzard had to take them out of the game. When the game first came out, it leaned heavily on an Auction House feature. This controversial addition to the series let players trade powerful items among themselves for either in-game currency or real money. This might not have been a problem, except that the game was extremely stingy with powerful loot, almost forcing players to spend more time in the auction house than they did adventuring. Thankfully, Blizzard closed the Auction House and rebalanced the game, making it closer to the classic Diablo formula players know and love. And the complaints I have heard about EA's Star Wars: Battlefront games' use of expensive and egregious microtransactions are horrifying.

And the frustrations with another gear-grinding game? Perhaps it may be best to give this a pass.

Top 10 FULL PRICED Games with RIDICULOUS Microtransactions
https://youtu.be/U2SHGpcfUlQ

User Info: Arneb_Nihal

Arneb_Nihal
1 month ago#13
PoE is more or less as you say Overwatch is: the most expensive things you can buy are cosmetics. The only things you can buy that can affect gameplay are stash tabs, but those are required only if you want more room, better organized tabs or you want to sell items to other players. Nothing of which is required to play endgame (from what I read, since I’m still not there).

Edit: on top of that, I read a lot of players complaining about the ugliness of normal item aesthetics, but I have to say that my level 30ish shadow looks pretty cool...
"Unhappy is the land that breeds no hero."
"No, Andrea: Unhappy is the land that needs a hero"
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: necronium

necronium
1 month ago#14
What Arneb said is pretty much the gist. You only pay for convenience stuff like stash tabs, and cosmetic stuff.

Neither of which are required. The cosmetic stuff can be ridiculously priced though, so buying them is entirely up to you as an individual.

If i enjoy free to play games i dont have an issue buying stuff from their stores to promote and support the game. But i dont want to have to. Like DC universe. The game is fun but you are severley gimped even if you purchase things seperately if you dont have a membership.
PSN: Necronium-X. - Monster Hunter World - Smite
Diablo 3 - Minecraft

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
1 month ago#15
People have been complaining about the lack of stash space in D3 for a long while now and you guys want to argue that paying for stash tabs in PoE is just "convenience stuff".
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: mt830plus

mt830plus
1 month ago#16
Been playing PoE. Diggin the complexity.
PSN: Mr_Gojira

User Info: mt830plus

mt830plus
1 month ago#17
Tanthalas posted...
People have been complaining about the lack of stash space in D3 for a long while now and you guys want to argue that paying for stash tabs in PoE is just "convenience stuff".

The game is free, though. 20$ for stash space upgrade is a reasonable purchase to round it all out.
PSN: Mr_Gojira

Tanthalas
1 month ago#18
I’d rather pay 60$ for the game and not have to pay for stash upgrades that will likely go beyond that price.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: MacAttack96

MacAttack96
1 month ago#19
Tanthalas posted...
I’d rather pay 60$ for the game and not have to pay for stash upgrades that will likely go beyond that price.

Are you ever not f***ing whining about something?
It's Mac Tonight!
Legomaniac!

Tanthalas
1 month ago#20
Whoa dude.

Sorry if I don’t like the F2P business model...
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. So S17 or PoE? Thoughts and Opinions