You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: rpgryaknow144

rpgryaknow144
1 month ago#1
https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22933131/patch-265-ptr-preview-3-29-2019

Well what do we get......... the LoN buff. Lol wow with PoE dropping u think they wouldve put more effort into something interesting.

Not all classes have a decent LoN build

Since S16 sets are balanced around the RoRg buff ur pretty much forced to use the LoN buff.
Aint nothing like pimpin just let it roll, muthafu**in s**t god dam a**hol*.

User Info: Grumblegore

Grumblegore
1 month ago#2
I am not excited about the season theme at all. But there are some nice quality of life changes like

- Most Bounty indicators are now displayed immediately after entering the Bounty area
- Death’s Breath now drop in Horadric Caches

And some more stash space. I think i will do season journey chapter 1 to 4 and that's it for me this time.
"Pisseth off!"
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
1 month ago#3
Wasn't expecting the PTR to drop so early.

With the boost in power from this season's patch it makes sense to add additional torment levels. If they follow GR increases in power, TXVI should be equivalent to GR75. Malthael will continue to be super annoying though. Hope all my characters are able to play on TXVI. I wonder if they'll be changing seasonal journey objectives to go with this... This season is actually the first one where I'm about to complete the seasonal journey.

I wonder if we're getting actual new levels from Primal/Ancient Puzzle Rings or just different/harder mobs in the Vault. I wonder where the alternative goblin portals are supposed to send us? Kanai's stomping grounds or the "Not the Cow level"? Honestly, it would be nice if we had more ways to get into whymsydale (whimsyshire?) instead of just relying on rainbow goblins. Being able to close the portals to whimsy, cow level and uber bosses without having to exit the session would be nice too.

Finally some stash increases, but no word on potions not occupying inventory on console. And to add to the annoyance they release a new legendary potion. *sigh*

As for the item adjustments, only 7 adjustments, and one of them was rather simple (Sage's set). My Zuni WD will love the new Dagger of Darts though.

Not sure I care about the LoN seasonal buff, but at least it may lead to some experimentation. Still, the problem is that this is all fine and good for this season, but when it ends the buff is gone and plenty of Legendaries need some work on them, not just these 6. For example, it would be nice if ranged Zuni WD's had something to use on their shoulder and wrist slots that helped the build, adding additional set items for these slots would already be awesome.

NOTE: And it looks like primals unlocking when failing to complete GR70 within 15 minutes was indeed a bug.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Grumblegore

Grumblegore
1 month ago#4
I wonder where the alterantive goblin portals are supposed to send us?

It states "somewhere udderly ridiculous", so what do you think where it will lead? :D
"Pisseth off!"

Tanthalas
1 month ago#5
When they said that I immediately thought they would send us to Whymsyshire(dale?), but that would take away from the uniqueness of Rainbow Goblins.

Of course they could send us to the regular Rainbow level that you access with the Herding staff, but if that's the case I would rather be sent to the Vault.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: rpgryaknow144

rpgryaknow144
1 month ago#6
Unfortunalty some classes LoN builds are utter garbage...... Nats Set is better than the LoN builds people came up with on the DH. The barb LoN builds all fall 10+ GRs behind the sets.......

Basically the Season of the Necro and Wizard lol.....
Aint nothing like pimpin just let it roll, muthafu**in s**t god dam a**hol*.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: codehunter87

codehunter87
1 month ago#7
I see a lot of knocking the LoN Season buff as bad, but I think people are overlooking this frees both ring spaces for Legendary Rings to be used for even more effects or potency. Might not be that huge a deal, but it'd do things like let Witch Doctors use their finger rings with LoN. At least until they get a set build.
GT Forte Baroque

User Info: Jmart17

Jmart17
1 month ago#8
rpgryaknow144 posted...

Basically the Season of the Necro and Wizard lol.....

I think season of poe..lol

User Info: Bouke

Bouke
1 month ago#9
Lon Twister and Lon Lance for meta, Lon skeletal mages for speedfarming group paragon, sage swk monk for t16.
It's still the same game, nothing's changed.
I wonder how many people will come back to this, even if they don't like poe.
PSN: RiverChaucer3rd | Arwydd | lv.200 | Sorceress | https://imgur.com/a/KLgF0
https://img.4plebs.org/boards/f/image/1417/23/1417237001105.swf

Tanthalas
1 month ago#10
I tried PoE on PC. Didn’t care for it and I don’t see that changing with the console version.

I’m more likely to play some other game in my backlog.