You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Heluva

Heluva
2 months ago#11
ThrillKillFan posted...
I guess none of the people who are against modded gear and such ever played the Borderlands games on PS3 as people would modify their save files all the time to make virtually every weapon a one hit monster.

Some of us just play games to HAVE FUN and if that means using gear that people have tweaked the tunables on then so be it.

Then post in the forum where people like to have fun. Not here ... we play game as intended.
With fear i kiss the burning darkness ...
(message deleted)

User Info: ThrillKillFan

ThrillKillFan
2 months ago#13
Heluva posted...
ThrillKillFan posted...
I guess none of the people who are against modded gear and such ever played the Borderlands games on PS3 as people would modify their save files all the time to make virtually every weapon a one hit monster.

Some of us just play games to HAVE FUN and if that means using gear that people have tweaked the tunables on then so be it.

Then post in the forum where people like to have fun. Not here ... we play game as intended.

@Heluva

So you're saying that playing the game as intended is NOT fun. Good to know.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.
(edited 2 months ago)

ThrillKillFan
2 months ago#14
Lord_Wombat posted...
ThrillKillFan posted...

ThrillKillFan posted...
Some of us just play games to HAVE FUN

How is one like the other?

@Lord_Wombat

Because games should NOT be a tedious grind. There's supposed to be a fun factor to playing. Just look at what Rockstar North did to GTA Online. They priced everything you can buy to the moon while making payouts for missions and the like miniscule by comparison.

I have NO problem playing legit as I finished multiple Diablo-esque games over the past 2-4 gens. Yet at the same time if there's a way to beat a game and move onto my next game to play through faster I will not entirely rule it out as long as it's not explicitly prohibited in the T & C for the game.

If you're worried about running into somebody using modded gear, then the best solution would be the same one I had to use in GTA Online to avoid griefers. That being only playing with friends in closed sessions. That's the ONLY way to truly avoid the cheaters and other types you don't want to encounter.
I'm not loyal to any company or brand, especially the Cult Of Houser(GTA games) or Sony(PS3/PS4/etc). Defending corporations is absurd.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#15
I'm more curious as to how OHKO in every enemy could be remotely "fun".

And if you think "play on special servers/seasons" is okay enough reason to allow modding in MP games, you're part of the problem.
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth

ThrillKillFan
2 months ago#16
Lord_Wombat posted...
I'm more curious as to how OHKO in every enemy could be remotely "fun".

And if you think "play on special servers/seasons" is okay enough reason to allow modding in MP games, you're part of the problem.

The thing is though some of us play these games solo, especially if PS+ is REQUIRED to play together with others since most games are P2P (peer to peer), meaning we're paying to connect directly to other gamers.

I think I played maybe 2 hours total in D3 with a buddy when I first got on the PS4 three years ago. Otherwise I'll likely play it solo.

Yet at the same time, playing with ONLY people you know should eliminate the chance of modded gear. It's how I had to play GTA O due to griefers and even modders on the last gen version.

User Info: Grumblegore

Grumblegore
2 months ago#17
ThrillKillFan posted...
Lord_Wombat posted...
ThrillKillFan posted...

ThrillKillFan posted...
Some of us just play games to HAVE FUN

How is one like the other?

@Lord_Wombat

Because games should NOT be a tedious grind. There's supposed to be a fun factor to playing. Just look at what Rockstar North did to GTA Online. They priced everything you can buy to the moon while making payouts for missions and the like miniscule by comparison.

I have NO problem playing legit as I finished multiple Diablo-esque games over the past 2-4 gens. Yet at the same time if there's a way to beat a game and move onto my next game to play through faster I will not entirely rule it out as long as it's not explicitly prohibited in the T & C for the game.

If you're worried about running into somebody using modded gear, then the best solution would be the same one I had to use in GTA Online to avoid griefers. That being only playing with friends in closed sessions. That's the ONLY way to truly avoid the cheaters and other types you don't want to encounter.

The point in every diablo game is to grind for better stuff. It is literally the whole point of the game. If you don't like it, play somehting else.
"Pisseth off!"
(message deleted)

User Info: Heluva

Heluva
2 months ago#19
ThrillKillFan posted...
Heluva posted...
ThrillKillFan posted...

@Heluva

So you're saying that playing the game as intended is NOT fun. Good to know.

Apparently u missed the sarcasm in my msg ...
With fear i kiss the burning darkness ...

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#20
ThrillKillFan posted...
The thing is though some of us play these games solo, especially if PS+ is REQUIRED to play together with others since most games are P2P (peer to peer), meaning we're paying to connect directly to other gamers.

If its SP, feel free to do whatever you want. However, SP was never the point of this discussion, now was it? In fact, you bringing up SP only now only shows you backpedaling, while also admitting you know it's wrong.

ThrillKillFan posted...
Yet at the same time, playing with ONLY people you know should eliminate the chance of modded gear. It's how I had to play GTA O due to griefers and even modders on the last gen version.

Again, you're not wrong, but having a roundabout solution isn't the right way to handle things.

Obviously what's done is done and this game is f***ed beyond all recognition, I was simply saying "play with people you know and/or on special servers" will never be the right answer to MP modding, regardless of how little Blizzard seems to care about the issue.

If you've dealt with this in GTA you know how much of a PITA modders are, so stop defending the practice.
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth