• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: billybgame

billybgame
3 months ago#1
I've searched online a lot.....seems every answer is for the PC. When enchanting, click on the ? to find out what your possible enchant outcomes can be. So, where are the answers for us console players?

How the hell do you know what your weapons "primary stats" are? I guess I'm learning you can only get socket enchants if replacing primary stats? Those are what? Tired of wasting enchants for nothing.

Sure seems someone would have asked this that plays the console....but internet search says otherwise.

User Info: Grumblegore

Grumblegore
3 months ago#2
On the PS4 it's the square button which shows you the possible outcomes. It even states ingame at the bottom of the screen what to press.
"Pisseth off!"

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
3 months ago#3
My experience is that if you want a socket you either have to enchant over something in the top stats (where the dex/str etc. always goes) or the stuff on the bottom (the +15% dmg to some skill, for example). (edit - of course it's still rng - you can try many times before you'll get the socket, or could happen first try)

There are three "attribute sections" on items, separated by a line space. Top, middle, bottom. You can get sockets from changing something from either the top and bottom but the middle section seem fixed to be only certain things that apply to that middle section (gold find, single specific resistance, exp. per kill, chance to freeze on hit etc). So you can't use a middle section attribute to try and get a main stat like STR.

And you can see the possible enchantments for items on console while actually in the enchantress' menu. You have to select an item to enchant, highlight/click on one of the attributes to "select a property to replace" then press square.

Unless it's a very class specific item (edit: where the main stat may be fixed, never fully checked that tho), in terms of "main stat" like STR/INT etc., that's dependent on the class doing the enchant. So if your Necro found an item that you'd like your Barb to use and you want the item to have STR instead of INT, have the Barb. do the actual enchanting.
"Brain and brain, what is brain?!"
Kranky's FFXV pic/media site: https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
3 months ago#4
Oh, and you may already know this but at some point (I don't know if there's any kind of requirements, earliest I've personally seen one drop is in GR-30ish) there's an item called Ramaladni's Gift that starts occasionally dropping, which adds a socket to a weapon (only a weapon). If I'd known about that earlier I would've saved a lot of time not agonizing how to enchant a socket without "ruining" the dmg. potential of lvl-70 weapons. >.>

So now I save any awesome seeming lvl70 weapons until I get one of those.
"Brain and brain, what is brain?!"
Kranky's FFXV pic/media site: https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/

User Info: billybgame

billybgame
3 months ago#5
Figured it out on my own, but thanks....did not see that square button info at first. Seems hard to get a socket on a weapon. Sure don't want to get rid of some of the important stats, for a socket. So, guess I just wait usually for a good socketed one to drop.

User Info: z179z

z179z
3 months ago#6
if a item needs gems to covert to a socket item remember you can convert gems of one color to the next
  • Topic Archived