• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Bowdler

Bowdler
4 months ago#1
Or is the game harder? Normally I start out on expert and don't really have any trouble. This time I have had to scale it back to normal and it still takes forever to kill s***.
So it is written, so it shall be; in the Book of Rage.

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
4 months ago#2
Only going to start tomorrow, so I can’t say.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

Bowdler
4 months ago#3
Eh maybe I just forgot what it was like to be low level. It's gotten better now that I have crafted some gear.

User Info: WAWA32

WAWA32
4 months ago#4
Glad I read your post, had to run much lower level greater rift than normal
Psn: wawa32

User Info: The_OD

The_OD
4 months ago#5
WAWA32 posted...
Glad I read your post, had to run much lower level greater rift than normal

Greater rift is not affected by game difficulty, only regular rift is.

@Bowdler are you picking up neph. Globes?
PSN EddieLMT
Currently Playing; EVE: Online ; God of War ; Marvel's Spider-Man

Bowdler
4 months ago#6
Yeah that might have been part of the problem as well. Plus I was playing couch co op for the first time in forever. So I wasn't getting all the good drops.

I was just trying to blame the patch for my weakness lol

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
4 months ago#7
I felt the same starting with my toon. I still sort of feel that way (I'm capable of T3-T4 or so at the moment) but I think it's because I'm not as well geared as the first chr. I made when I bought the game (mid-last Season), since I was rushing the leveling vs. playing every inch of the story-mode.

And the co-op does make them a bit more spongey.
"Brain and brain, what is brain?!"
Kranky's FFXV pic/media site: https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/

User Info: dillonthebunny

dillonthebunny
4 months ago#8
I believe that they tweak the balance of the game with every season, would make sense to.

So it might not be harder as in toughness but there might be more enemies in certain areas etc..
Though I find that playing the wizard I feel like a boss after a couple of levels, but characters like demon hunter feel like they take longer before you feel that boss feeling.
Psn: Hareofdoom
Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn

User Info: KrankyKat

KrankyKat
4 months ago#9
Something I've noticed that isn't "going away" with gear upgrades is I feel like resource regen on my summon Necro is decidedly slower. I've never had trouble keeping the resource topped (with bone spikes) since I use big resource spenders almost never. Casting mages and curses now and then is about it.

The only thing I can think of is attack speed could be a factor but even before my non-seasonal main necro had really fast attack speed - like at low levels - keeping resource near the top was never an issue. Even while spamming the mages the resource ball would be full almost all the time.

Anyone else feeling the same?
"Brain and brain, what is brain?!"
Kranky's FFXV pic/media site: https://ffxv.crimsonkeep.com/blog/

User Info: haarlem1982

haarlem1982
4 months ago#10
Nope. The gearing and leveling is just as fast and easy/hard as it has always been.

Only 'problem' I"ve encountered so far is that both my DH and wiz had some serious issues getting the weapons I needed, but that can be written off to RNGsus hating me.
Listen to Haarlem, he may be a cheeky bastard, but he is full of correct info - Chaon
psn ScrubbyMcCasul
  • Topic Archived