• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man
  3. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. You will regret it....

User Info: AftComet

AftComet
6 years ago#1
Absolutely horrendous port. The worst I can think of. Framerates are barely 20FPS. Honestly, I don't know how this game can be deemed playable with its framerates.

Also, textures are non-existent in this game. Resolution is 480i, controls are extremely bad.

I bought it, tried playing it for about 3 hours, traded it in. I'm a HUGE Spider-Man fan. I've watched all the cartoons, read every single comic, played the original game on PSX. I loved Spider-Man 3 and that game was pretty bad. But this game I couldn't stand.

The game itself is good, just this port is terrible. Play any version but the portable ones.

Trash/10.
PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
PS4 | PS3 | X360 | 3DS XL | Vita | iOS | Android

User Info: CartmanKusanagi

CartmanKusanagi
6 years ago#2
Having played the PS3 version back in June/July, I was turned off by the lowres graphics and crappy framerate in this version, but I grew used to it over time. The lack of shadows and shading (both are only present indoors) still bugs me, even though I know it would make the game run even worse.

I think the framerate would've been a little better if there was actually a frame limiter; seriously, if you're indoors, looking towards the water, or going above the taller skyscrapers, it can occasionally get closer to 60FPS. If they limited it to just 30FPS max, then it would've been less sporadic.
PSN: z2xzxx22
GTA Online Crew: Lethal Interjection0

User Info: AftComet

AftComet
6 years ago#3
I can't recall ever getting 60 FPS. I've been gaming for a long time across many, many systems. I can't remember if I've ever seen a worst port. I wanted to call Activision to complain how pissed I was.

Graphics are one thing, textures are another. They really, really half-assed this.

I bought it brand new for $9.99 and I felt ripped off.
PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
PS4 | PS3 | X360 | 3DS XL | Vita | iOS | Android
  1. Boards
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man
  3. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. You will regret it....
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Unlockables? Side Quest1 Answer