• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  3. 2 free movie tickets with purchase (gamestop)

User Info: kobechaos

kobechaos
5 years ago#1
Or up to 20$ off two tickets , So its like getting a 30 dollar game .Tickets in my area are 9.00 just thought Id give people who want to buy a heads up.

User Info: maizemaize

maizemaize
5 years ago#2
Totally worth it.
;-D

User Info: Xman490

Xman490
5 years ago#3
Technically worth it, but I heard the movie is only slightly better than its predecessor and heralds the coming of several more mediocre Spider-Man movies and spin-offs.
got PS Vita and Wii U: the stand-out underdog pair in the 2013 holiday season.

User Info: Tekkaman_James

Tekkaman_James
5 years ago#4
Yeah, I got the free tickets, too. Movies in my area are $10.50, so I only had to pay $1 for two tickets. This was a really cool promotion for GameStop to do.

Xman490 posted...
Technically worth it, but I heard the movie is only slightly better than its predecessor and heralds the coming of several more mediocre Spider-Man movies and spin-offs.

Since I really enjoyed the first ASM film, saying this one is "slightly better" is a good thing. As for setting up future films, Marvel Studios' films have been doing that from the start and it has produced incredibly positive results for them. Since Sony has decided to expand their Spider-Man movie franchise, why not plant some seeds to get people excited?
http://tekkaman-james.deviantart.com/

User Info: AxltheRed

AxltheRed
5 years ago#5
Xman490 posted...

After seeing it twice now, I can say without a doubt it's immensely better than the first one, the spin offs are tbd but the second one is still a great movie, just thought id share my thoughts
~I'm gonna use it for Dinosaur things!~ Barry from Steam Rolled
http://www.backloggery.com/axlthered

User Info: GaryAtEastern

GaryAtEastern
5 years ago#6
aparently it was preorder only, because I finally had the money to get my copy today and all i got was yet another gamestop already opened "new" game with an annoying sticker to remove -_-
WiiU:gary_abernethy2 Smash Bros:3308-4304-5690 Dr.Mario:1843-7482-4361 Goldeneye:188614221615

User Info: Tekkaman_James

Tekkaman_James
5 years ago#7
GaryAtEastern posted...
Apparently, it was pre-order only because, when I finally had the money to get my copy today, all i got was yet another GameStop already opened "new" game with an annoying sticker to remove. -_-

The free movie tickets weren't necessarily pre-order only, but they did say that there were very limited quantities available. The game came out almost two weeks ago at this point, so I'm not surprised that you didn't get them.

As for the open "new" games that GameStop is so famous for, those are the biggest pet peeve of mine. And that clear, circular sticker they use to "seal" the game when they sell it to you is horrid. Unless you peel it off right in the store (or stop them before they put it on), it leaves so much glue residue that only a healthy dose of Goo-Gone can get rid of it all. I always demand a discount when they try to pawn an open "new" game on me. My success rate is only about 50%, but it's better than just taking that crap without saying a word.
http://tekkaman-james.deviantart.com/
  1. Boards
  2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  3. 2 free movie tickets with purchase (gamestop)
  • Topic Archived