• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Heroes of the Storm
  3. Valeera - use her or lose her?

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
10 months ago#11
So basically they made her far less interesting from a flavor standpoint in exchange for not actually making her viable.

What a great change.
What doth life?

User Info: Richardthe3rd

Richardthe3rd
10 months ago#12
SpunkySix posted...
So basically they made her far less interesting from a flavor standpoint in exchange for not actually making her viable.

What a great change.

You're omitting the part where she was heavily nerfed because she was dumping all over the roster.

She needs a complete rework, because the window for her viability is too narrow.
The DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority.

SpunkySix
10 months ago#13
Richardthe3rd posted...
SpunkySix posted...

What a great change.

You're omitting the part where she was heavily nerfed because she was dumping all over the roster.

Which is also a bad thing that left her less interesting and unviable either way. Yep.
What doth life?

User Info: stoltenberg11

stoltenberg11
10 months ago#14
She's not super good right now, and every time she becomes worthwhile casual reddit qm players complain.
You're such a boring characterless entity. Try getting laid once in a while and maybe you'll have friends and find out what a "joke" is. - derrate

User Info: TheCurseX2

TheCurseX2
10 months ago#15
She'll never be good for any extended period of time because this game is balanced around Silver players and QMlords.
As a Level 37 Sage, I expect to be treated with proper respect and acknowledged for my dedication to the GameFAQs Message Board Community as a whole. Thank you.

User Info: UchihaX66

UchihaX66
10 months ago#16
Well i guess i'll probably just use her in a somewhat less competitive gameplay then. She ain't bad to look at either;)

Hope the SJWs don't "nerf" her aesthetically either.

BTW any decent or fun builds for her.

User Info: Richardthe3rd

Richardthe3rd
10 months ago#17
SpunkySix posted...
Richardthe3rd posted...
SpunkySix posted...

What a great change.

Which is also a bad thing that left her less interesting and unviable either way. Yep.

That's the opposite of unviable. That's overpowered.

She needs to be reworked. She's either hilariously broken or worthless. Characters like that are flawed by design.
The DunningKruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority.

SpunkySix
10 months ago#18
Richardthe3rd posted...

It was overpowered, but then they nerfed her so now it's not. It's unviable.

Either way, it did a bad thing to her balance and it left her conceptually less interesting too. It's the worst of both worlds.
What doth life?

User Info: TheCurseX2

TheCurseX2
10 months ago#19
Richardthe3rd posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Richardthe3rd posted...
SpunkySix posted...

What a great change.

She needs to be reworked. She's either hilariously broken or worthless. Characters like that are flawed by design.

They won't do that because that requires effort. The HoTS team is basically the employees that are demoted from OW/WoW/HS.
As a Level 37 Sage, I expect to be treated with proper respect and acknowledged for my dedication to the GameFAQs Message Board Community as a whole. Thank you.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
10 months ago#20
TheCurseX2 posted...
Richardthe3rd posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Richardthe3rd posted...
SpunkySix posted...

What a great change.

They won't do that because that requires effort. The HoTS team is basically the employees that are demoted from OW/WoW/HS.

I wouldn't go that far. The HotS team is a team that was saddled with an impossible mission: "create a moba that casuals will enjoy playing (i.e. the balancing is based around QM and low-rank complaints/issues) yet will be as big as LoL in terms of esports (which requires balancing to be based around what pros are doing).

You can balance for the casuals and make the game more accessible, or you can balance around the pros and tell everyone in QM to git gud or git f***ed. Can't have it both ways, and Blehzurd chose the former while desiring the attention that would come from the latter.

:^)
  1. Boards
  2. Heroes of the Storm
  3. Valeera - use her or lose her?
  • Topic Archived