• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  3. About the Demyx Data Battle

User Info: Grabs_Zel

Grabs_Zel
6 months ago#1
TL;DR: Blizzaga+Firaga strategy works pretty well, but disabling both partners AI (Battle Style to "Sora Attacks") works wonders.

After half an hour of experimenting with known tactics and trying new ones, I finally found something that immediately worked and helped me beat what I still think is the hardest battle in the game, it's quite simple and I hope it helps whoever's also struggling with the "weakest member of the organization".
There wasn't a problem with the battle per se, Demyx is pretty weak and so are his patterns, but what stumped me was the infamous "dance water, dance". Tried 4 to 5 times, sometimes not getting through the beginning of the fight and sometimes getting to the end of the actual fight only to fail cause of this DM. Then I noticed that whenever I used Blizzaga on a water form, Donald would kill it and I couldn't use the triangle move and thanks to that I was losing a lot of time, so after I failed, I went to the Customize menu and changed both Donald and Goofy's Battle Style to "Sora Attack".
It was a breeze from there, I was able to complete the DM in almost the last second next time I entered the battle, none of them interfered in anything.
''Loneliness is a power that we possess to give or take away forever.''
Yes - Starship Trooper

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
5 months ago#2
Then I noticed that whenever I used Blizzaga on a water form, Donald would kill it and I couldn't use the triangle move and thanks to that I was losing a lot of time

Why the heck are you using Blizzaga on a water form? Use Wisdom Form and Firaga...the "finisher" of the combo will wreck almost all the forms that are on the screen. Load up on elixirs and refill when your magic gets low.

Grabs_Zel
5 months ago#3
Hotel_Security posted...
Then I noticed that whenever I used Blizzaga on a water form, Donald would kill it and I couldn't use the triangle move and thanks to that I was losing a lot of time

Why the heck are you using Blizzaga on a water form? Use Wisdom Form and Firaga...the "finisher" of the combo will wreck almost all the forms that are on the screen. Load up on elixirs and refill when your magic gets low.
The triangle prompt wouldn't appear whenever I used firaga.
I had to use blizzaga once, do the prompt, then they would all gather and spawn in only one location, then I could use firaga and end them all at the same time.
Yes - Starship Trooper

Hotel_Security
5 months ago#4
I had to use blizzaga once, do the prompt, then they would all gather and spawn in only one location, then I could use firaga and end them all at the same time.

Seems a bit complicated compared to spamming Firaga. With the Wisdom form Firaga finisher, there's no need to bunch them up since it kills them all. Plus they're all coming at you anyway.

But, hey, whatever works for you.

Grabs_Zel
5 months ago#5
Hotel_Security posted...
With the Wisdom form Firaga finisher, there's no need to bunch them up since it kills them all.

I do have a doubt about wisdom form then.
Is wisdom form's firaga better than final form's firaga ?
Yes - Starship Trooper

User Info: Kuuko

Kuuko
5 months ago#6
Wisdorm form's firaga is better for Demyx probably yeah. Wisdom's hits a very far distance, especially the finisher firaga. Final's Firaga is really great in a lot of situations too but doesn't have as much of the crazy distance Wisdom's has. Final would still be good if you're able to get Demyx in a corner before he starts summoning the final water clones.
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.png

Hotel_Security
5 months ago#7
Wisdorm form's firaga is better for Demyx probably yeah. Wisdom's hits a very far distance, especially the finisher firaga.

Plus I figure the cost of the form itself is cheaper. Takes three drive gauges for Wisdom versus five for Final form. Most folks will have enough of a meter to drive into Wisdom form twice but maybe not for Final form. I don't see the point in using it when Wisdom works fine.

User Info: BombermanX

BombermanX
4 months ago#8
I finally completed all of the Mushroom battles yesterday. Now all I have left are the 2 optional bosses and the data battles. I wanted all my skills so I was able to power level to 99 rather quickly in Yen Sid's tower. Is there anything I should know before tackling the data battles?
When I'm concentrating, I never have more than one drink before dinner, but I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold and very well-made.

Hotel_Security
4 months ago#9
I wanted all my skills so I was able to power level to 99 rather quickly in Yen Sid's tower.

No point in doing this for levels since stats effect so little and the hardest bosses cap stats at around 80. Definitely good to max out forms, though.

Is there anything I should know before tackling the data battles?

You have Ribbons? Get the best ribbon from the last puzzle and forge nothing but ribbons for the rest of your equipment. Then get Full Bloom+'s for the accessories. Use the Decisive Pumpkin for ground damage, use Hero's Crest for aerial. Also get read to have your butt whipped until you get used to them. Reflect and Stitch are your friends.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  3. About the Demyx Data Battle
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A