• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line
  3. Liquid Metal Slime On 4th Floor of Moon Tower

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
1 year ago#1
I defeated about five of the ten or so rare encounters of these, the others all ran away. This took my Hero from Level 21 to Level 33. My team stats are now:
...................Hero....Conrad.....Isolde
Level.............33...........31...........26
Strength......107...........70...........26
Agility............75............80...........91
Resilience.....52............43...........38
HP...............148..........118...........95
MP...................0..........110.........127
I guess it is time to move on and progress in the game.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

oldguy2
1 year ago#2
After more progress in the game, I thought i might go back to Moon Tower for more LMS encounters and equipped my Hero with the Falcon Sword for two hits per turn.
It seems the LMSs run away far more often than they used to.
I wonder if it is because of the Falcon Sword or just the randomness of the game.

User Info: unixtroglodyte

unixtroglodyte
1 year ago#3
I'm on the Nintendo Switch version although it appears to be the mobile port.

I wondered this as well. I've even tried carrying (not equipped) falcon swords (both hero and prince) with me while farming LMS. Then switching from my normal weapon before first strike. I felt like it cut down a bit on the 'initial flee' 'before' battle starts. I have nothing to back that up other than personal feelings, hehehe. However, if you make it past the first round they seem to run about the same. I'm also level 46 now and most things run either first or second round from me. I haven't made it to Rhone or Hargon's Castle yet. I also farm on the world map, the zone just left of Slewse. About 1 in 10-15 battles ends up being a LMS. I've been using https://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dw2nes/maps_overworld/dw2nes_monster_map.pdf at Dragon's Den to find farming zones.
(edited 1 year ago)

oldguy2
1 year ago#4
At Level 46, you should be well above that needed to finish the game easily, but I understand the desire to get to 50 to see what your stats are.
I am also ready to get to Rhone and the final part of the game, but am farming LMSs for levels.
I did have a LMS drop a Mad Cap that is the Helmet for the Princess and it cuts the MP for spells by 25%.
(edited 1 year ago)

unixtroglodyte
1 year ago#5
I was going to see if i could max out, the Nintendo Switch version final baddie is about 1750 HP (according to the boards) and spams fire attacks:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/272749-dragon-quest-ii-luminaries-of-the-legendary-line/78062322

I'm up to 5 mad caps, I also put one on the prince.

BTW, its good to see people still playing this and posting to the boards. Keep up the good fight :-)
(edited 1 year ago)

oldguy2
1 year ago#6
If you sell those spare Mad Caps, you can buy a Mink Coat, unless Magic Armor is better, since you will have to endure lots of fire attacks.
My party is now at levels 43, 42, and 40. Think i will press on to Hargon.
(edited 1 year ago)

unixtroglodyte
1 year ago#7
I finished. I tried at 47 and got spanked. I maxed out at Lvl 50/XP 1,000,000. One of the sub-bosses kamikaze-d on me twice trying to get back. Total party wipeout both times. Finally got back, Hargon was no problem. Full healed then used my prayer rings before taking on the guy Hargon turns into. He wiped me out once. My hero had Erdrick's armor, the prince had Magic Armor, the Princess had the flowing dress. He was doing 100+ 110+ and 50+ to Hero, Prince and Princess. Figured out you could quit and restore from autosave *smacks forehead*. Anyway, beat the last guy finally on 3rd try. He barely used fire attacks the 3rd time and it was mostly physical, I used kbuff and ksap(x2). Talk about a rage quit inducing end game :-) Done, not sure I want to replay the end game again. I had 3 Mink Coats and 240,000 GP in bank by the time I hit lvl 50. I never did use any seeds of any kind.

Good Luck on your end game.

Have you played DQ3 yet?
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line
  3. Liquid Metal Slime On 4th Floor of Moon Tower
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A