• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest I
  3. Dragon Quest 2 Picks Up from Where This One Ends

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
2 years ago#1
The first few screens of Dragon Quest 2 tell this story:
“Once upon a time, a young hero descended from the legendary warrior Erdrick defeated the dreaded Dragonlord, and restored peace and light to the world.
Having done so, he set off on a journey with a beautiful young maiden, and they founded new kingdoms across the world.
Each of these kingdoms came to be ruled by the children of the hero and his beautiful bride, and by their children after them.”
When you finish this one, go play Dragon Quest II. It picks ip 100 years after this story ends.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

User Info: Garetjax333

Garetjax333
1 year ago#2
Yeah, there’s a loose connection between all of them. As for the first 3, the chronological order is 3>1>2.
Im currently playing through all of them. I’m on part 7. It’s fun to see all the connections.
The good ol' days never existed. It's the coverage of negative news that increased significantly. www.goodnewsnetwork.org
FFRK ID# GfRd Tyro DVG

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
1 year ago#3
Wow, I never noticed the chronological order being different from the numeric order.
Thanks
Glad you are enjoying these great games.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

User Info: scottgetz

scottgetz
10 months ago#4
Yes, I and II set the stage not for what was to come, but what came before. Part III is actually the first in this series and explains a lot about the later games. It is nice to see that at least 3 locations appear in each of these games, and each time it is similar, but different based on the time that the game is occurring.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest I
  3. Dragon Quest 2 Picks Up from Where This One Ends
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A