• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dustforce
  3. Buying this day one

User Info: DefiningFactor

DefiningFactor
5 years ago#1
This looks to be one of the very few games by Capcom in recent memories that actually looks fun to play (then again RE6 looked fun...until you played it). I really think this will go over well commercially because it has an older feel to it than most modern games put forth. If its really as challenging as they say, then I don't see why it won't do good...especially for the vita which needs all the help it can get.
Don't worry about it. It's just a crutch...

User Info: SonicTHP

SonicTHP
5 years ago#2
It's not a Capcom developed game. It's a port of a PC title released a few years back developed by an Australian indie team called Hitbox. So you can play it right now but I don't know if there's more in this port or if it's just the same.

Either way, I can tell you from my limited experience with it that it is fun and it is cool. I think the Vita is the perfect place for it and I'll be buying it day one as well.
Someday, I hope to be from the future.

User Info: megasoniczxx

megasoniczxx
5 years ago#3
SonicTHP posted...
It's not a Capcom developed game. It's a port of a PC title released a few years back developed by an Australian indie team called Hitbox. So you can play it right now but I don't know if there's more in this port or if it's just the same.

Either way, I can tell you from my limited experience with it that it is fun and it is cool. I think the Vita is the perfect place for it and I'll be buying it day one as well.

There are supposed to be over 100 new levels as free dlc (and hopefully some future character dlc too) so thats one pretty good reason to get this.
Time to blast off with sonic speed
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121

User Info: nclrwntr

nclrwntr
5 years ago#4
Anybody here play the PC version? How difficult is it? I'm not particularly good at this kind of game but it looks fun. If I'm going to hit a wall soon after I start the game, I should hold off on buying it.

I know it's a different kind of game, but I did manage to platinum Guacamelee if that helps.

User Info: IPwnNooBs666

IPwnNooBs666
5 years ago#5
I agree TC, day one purchase for sure!

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
5 years ago#6
nclrwntr posted...
Anybody here play the PC version? How difficult is it? I'm not particularly good at this kind of game but it looks fun. If I'm going to hit a wall soon after I start the game, I should hold off on buying it.

I know it's a different kind of game, but I did manage to platinum Guacamelee if that helps.

It looks pretty hard. It's more build on speed and reflexes than Guacamelee. Try, die, re-try.
"How low were your expectations? Did you just expect that it turns on and has a screen? If so, I understand" - Shadow on Vita exceeding expectations

User Info: nclrwntr

nclrwntr
5 years ago#7
I tried the demo. It's definitely not my kind of game. Either I'm terrible or the controls are unresponsive. Or a combo of both!

User Info: SonicTHP

SonicTHP
5 years ago#8
I think there is a learning curve to the game. Partially because there is a sort of wind-up for the jumps so it doesn't feel as instant as some other games, and partially because the framerate doesn't feel optimized on the Vita.

That said, I think that if you stick with it, and take the time to understand and utilize the nuances of the game as well as the alternate characters (blue = balanced, red = fast, purple = 3 jump/dash, green = strong), there is a lot of fun to be had, especially if you really appreciate mobility in video games.
Someday, I hope to be from the future.
  1. Boards
  2. Dustforce
  3. Buying this day one
  • Topic Archived