• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Is there any reason to not store money in the bank?

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
6 years ago#11
I'm pretty certain it was just the 'hospital bill' you dropped. I.E. At launch it was $2k a pop.

Which adds up pretty fast. As it is, dropping another $500 per death is pretty excessive. It's hardly a myth by the way. First grade math and picking up the money stack show this pretty clearly.
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
According to Admiral Akbar it's a trap.

User Info: chaoscontrol325

chaoscontrol325
6 years ago#12
IamI3rian posted...
I'm pretty certain it was just the 'hospital bill' you dropped. I.E. At launch it was $2k a pop.

Which adds up pretty fast. As it is, dropping another $500 per death is pretty excessive. It's hardly a myth by the way. First grade math and picking up the money stack show this pretty clearly.

No, it was much higher. The death penalty was 5% of your cash, but capped out at 5K.
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.

User Info: chriss1

chriss1
6 years ago#13
This has never been a problem for me, i get killed all the time, if i drop the money its usaully there where i died. mose gamers that kill you dont pick it up, there to busy running off after they kill you. most of the gamers i play with doesnt do it cuase it habit, they think they will lose lots of their money if its not banked. Rockstar scare a lot of gamers when they told us to put our money in the bank or else, lol

User Info: Psoloquoise

Psoloquoise
6 years ago#14
chaoscontrol325 posted...
IamI3rian posted...

No, it was much higher. The death penalty was 5% of your cash, but capped out at 5K.

No, back in October if you died you would drop $2000.

User Info: thisismyusernme

thisismyusernme
6 years ago#15
Psoloquoise posted...
IamI3rian posted...

Ooooh how I would rage back then...

User Info: mathew4866

mathew4866
6 years ago#16
Psoloquoise posted...
IamI3rian posted...

I remember those days I got my game first day it came out I made sure to not get into a deathmatch with someone in freeroam all the time because you lose money so quickly.

User Info: ThaiGold

ThaiGold
6 years ago#17
IDK what the hospital bills even are now but I know if you're carrying cash and die you can drop up to $500. As someone said, that can add up pretty fast. I try to make sure I pick it up whenever I can and got a kill. That's adds up as well and if you're not carrying much you won't drop nearly as much.
Captain America to the rescue!
https://twitter.com/tommychong/status/380122159047114752/photo/1

User Info: clarinet1

clarinet1
6 years ago#18
Another thing I've noticed is with the impound lot. The game requires you to have the cash, but pulls the money out of the bank account instead.

User Info: Tony_Capicola

Tony_Capicola
6 years ago#19
Why would you pay to get your vehicle out of impound? That's a waste of money.

User Info: schmittycent2

schmittycent2
6 years ago#20
I have notice you pay for hospital bill, that's why I don't do shoot outs with people, I can't afford 2000 bucks of more every time I die. I don't get how people can just have those shoot outs it's money wasted on ammo and fees and you don't get rp like you did in red dead.
Xbox GT schmittycent
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Is there any reason to not store money in the bank?
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Frugal Play Guide (PS4) by THEmtg3drinks 8 months ago
Vehicle Sale Guide (PS3) by TheLostLegend 5 years ago
Gang Attack Guide (PS3) by TriNitY706 6 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A