• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Playing GTA IV Online right now....

User Info: Pacman2dx

Pacman2dx
5 years ago#11
KilledByAlisa posted...
I personally thought Niko was the best one lol.

But I'm tempted to play it again to see if I notice these effects..

Weird, because Niko was the reason I couldn't enjoy GTA IV - I think the expansions had far better characters.

Despite it's many flaws people have to realize that GTA IV was Rockstars first crack at using the Euphoria engine, so of course the experience was gonna be rough around the edges but they've gotten better with every iteration they've released so far, from RDR to La Noire , Max Payne 3 to GTA V.
Cause every now and then I fall a bit behind, every time I stare into your eyes ..

User Info: chaoscontrol325

chaoscontrol325
5 years ago#12
KilledByAlisa posted...
chaoscontrol325 posted...
KilledByAlisa posted...

I literally can not fathom how anybody could stand that mother****er. Every time he opened his mouth I wanted to stick a fork in a nearby outlet and never let go.

Because of his accent?

It wasn't so much his accent as the voice itself and the things he said. The voice, dialogue and accent all together just made me want to punt a puppy. His appearance was also extremely boring. How he managed to be both bland and obnoxious is beyond me.
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.

User Info: psnshade71

psnshade71
5 years ago#13
KilledByAlisa posted...

I literally can not fathom how anybody could stand that mother****er. Every time he opened his mouth I wanted to stick a fork in a nearby outlet and never let go.

User Info: KilledByAlisa

KilledByAlisa
5 years ago#14
KilledByAlisa posted...
KilledByAlisa posted...

Because of his accent?

It wasn't so much his accent as the voice itself and the things he said. The voice, dialogue and accent all together just made me want to punt a puppy. His appearance was also extremely boring. How he managed to be both bland and obnoxious is beyond me.

That was exactly why I did like him. He was the first one that actually had a personality, and not be some mute cold killer or overexcited gangster. Here's post I made last year on the subject, sums it up nicely lol...

Niko was honestly my favorite GTA protagonist (I've been playing since GTA2). Instead of trying to rebuild your street gang/work your way up the mafia/rags to riches, he was simply trying to find his way in a new world while protecting his cousin at the same time. I can respect that.

It also had the best story imo. Yes, at first I thought Niko was kind of a bore, but then he was having a conversation with Kate (I think it was her) about the real reason he was In LC. I'm not going to spoil it for some, but the whole conversation made me look at him in a different light.
GT: *-MissAuroa-*~Xbox One/\*-Varaza-*~Xbox 360
Beach selfie time-http://i.imgur.com/RhjxIxX.jpg

KilledByAlisa
5 years ago#15
But I mean, to each their own. Not trying to shoot you down for it or anything lol. I just wish R* makes more characters like him. :)

chaoscontrol325
5 years ago#16
I agree, to each their own, but personally I could just not stand him. I'm not the kinda player that really lives into the characters unless it's an RPG, but Niko is one of the few protagonists that had the opposite effect. He really just kept pushing me away until I was not immersed at all.

The way you describe Niko is basically what I think of Michael in this game. I thought he had more character than any other GTA protag so far.
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.

KilledByAlisa
5 years ago#17
I agree, to each their own, but personally I could just not stand him. I'm not the kinda player that really lives into the characters unless it's an RPG, but Niko is one of the few protagonists that had the opposite effect. He really just kept pushing me away until I was not immersed at all.

The way you describe Niko is basically what I think of Michael in this game. I thought he had more character than any other GTA protag so far.

Fair enough, though Michael felt a little cliché. The whole successful-ciminal-trying-to-live-a-normal-life-but-gets-sucked-back-in thing didn't really do it for me lol.

chaoscontrol325
5 years ago#18
KilledByAlisa posted...

Fair enough, though Michael felt a little cliché. The whole successful-ciminal-trying-to-live-a-normal-life-but-gets-sucked-back-in thing didn't really do it for me lol.

His story, yeah. I personally just enjoyed the way he dealt with things, big or small.

User Info: billyriz

billyriz
5 years ago#19
KilledByAlisa posted...

I felt the same way with Franklin being the Guy from the hood, to be fair kind hard not to stray from cliche's, if they done the Family man seeks revenge after death of family its Max Payne,
They could go the Farmer has his Combine Harvester destroyed and rages that would be new
Xbox GT: x B1llyth3kid x

User Info: schwatzz

schwatzz
5 years ago#20
I remember the first time playing GTA IV the steering was so loose compared to San Andreas that I flipped over the taxi cab in the very first mission.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Playing GTA IV Online right now....
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A