• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Playing GTA IV Online right now....

User Info: Ferrari_Carr

Ferrari_Carr
5 years ago#1
And here's some things I've noticed:

1. The camera makes you dizzy. Moving the camera "under" your character produces a weird "zoom" effect that makes you feel as if you have tunnel vision.

2. Your car is both extremely heavily AND extremely light. Too heavy to do a proper turn, and too light that a simple road bump sends it flying in the air.

3. Rain renders any car or motorcycle completely helpless. They have no traction.

4. Leaning forward on a bike causes it to lose control and spin out.

5. Driving too fast produces a "drunk camera" effect and makes driving feel extremely dangerous, especially since GTA IV has a terrible draw distance and is known for "pop up" cars.

6. No matter how modern or sporty, every car is equipped with a pillow-soft suspension.

7. Character customization is very limited. You start of with 3 options for each category, depending on which GTA IV Online you're playing (IV and EFLC have different options). More options unlock as you "level up", apparently. On the plus side, female characters can have long hair and can have layered clothing.

8. Almost everything is grey.

9. Because of this rather bland color palette, a lot of stuff (hidden roads, alleys, etc.) are hard to see.

10. Navigating the streets of Liberty City are confusing, because the map isn't as clear as V's map, and is represented in a circle, rather than a square.

11. Guns don't have the same range as they do in V, and there seems to be a delay with certain actions.

12. Brakes on every car are ATROCIOUS. It shouldn't take half a city block to stop if I'm only going about 40 miles per hour.

13. Cars, no matter which road they're on (the same applies to SP) go about 25 mph.

14. Since city streets are so cramped and traffic is so dense, it is near-impossible to dodge traffic.

That's just some stuff I've noticed so far.

Have any of you gone back to play GTA IV Online lately?

User Info: chaoscontrol325

chaoscontrol325
5 years ago#2
I never played much of GTAIV for the reasons you pretty much just listed. Also, Niko is the worst protagonist I've ever had the misfortune of playing as, holy ****.

I wasn't impressed with the multiplayer either. Terrible game in my opinion.
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.

User Info: Mcnugget2256

Mcnugget2256
5 years ago#3
And yet GTA IV still had a better online than this one.
Playing: Terraria 1.2, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls.
Waiting for: BoI: Rebirth, MH4U, Persona Q, LPB3.

User Info: KilledByAlisa

KilledByAlisa
5 years ago#4
I personally thought Niko was the best one lol.

But I'm tempted to play it again to see if I notice these effects..
GT: *-MissAuroa-*~Xbox One/\*-Varaza-*~Xbox 360
Beach selfie time-http://i.imgur.com/RhjxIxX.jpg

User Info: megapwn

megapwn
5 years ago#5
Mcnugget2256 posted...

It absolutely didn't, sorry.

User Info: Mcnugget2256

Mcnugget2256
5 years ago#6
megapwn posted...
Mcnugget2256 posted...

It's my opinion. I prefered the simplicity that was GTA IV's online. It was more focused on fun and not grinding for sports cars.
Playing: Terraria 1.2, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls.
Waiting for: BoI: Rebirth, MH4U, Persona Q, LPB3.

User Info: Blitz4532

Blitz4532
5 years ago#7
I hated the way cars felt in IV, to me they felt like overladen shopping trolleys.
I am the Stig
Want to see some real racing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVrdWhz5JTw

User Info: megapwn

megapwn
5 years ago#8
Mcnugget2256 posted...
megapwn posted...
Mcnugget2256 posted...

It's my opinion. I prefered the simplicity that was GTA IV's online. It was more focused on fun and not grinding for sports cars.

I can understand not enjoying the grind that much, although I'm fine with it personally. But even as just a "fun" mode it was a failure compared to GTA Online. Non-stop airport spawn-killing and predatory hackers is not fun. GTA IV's multiplayer was a half-assed design failure, to put it as plainly as possible.

User Info: chaoscontrol325

chaoscontrol325
5 years ago#9
KilledByAlisa posted...

I literally can not fathom how anybody could stand that mother****er. Every time he opened his mouth I wanted to stick a fork in a nearby outlet and never let go.
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.

User Info: KilledByAlisa

KilledByAlisa
5 years ago#10
chaoscontrol325 posted...
KilledByAlisa posted...

I literally can not fathom how anybody could stand that mother****er. Every time he opened his mouth I wanted to stick a fork in a nearby outlet and never let go.

Because of his accent?
GT: *-MissAuroa-*~Xbox One/\*-Varaza-*~Xbox 360
Beach selfie time-http://i.imgur.com/RhjxIxX.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto Online
  3. Playing GTA IV Online right now....
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A