• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#1
So, I already cleared Virtua Forest, Darkness 60 and Virtua Forest - Depths with Stella, And now I'm trying to clear Rebeat Resort, but the last time I finished it, Stella just barely survived.
The Equipment I gave her was:
Iron Sword Level 3,
Summer Stella Level 5,
Stone of Faith(Evasion Up),
and
Bright Necktie(Paralyze Foe).

Now I'm worried about sending Stella out for longer in that Dungeon because if she dies, I'll loose the only Evasion Up Stone in my arsenal.

Does anyone know where I can farm more Stones for Stella?
More specifically ones with Evasion Up and Cover?
Solarys 2 years ago#2
The Stella trophy in this game is absolutely painful, and there's nothing you can do to help since everything is pure RNG. The final dungeon takes 13 h 20 min just to get through, and its boss does a guaranteed 1HKO critical on its 5th turn, so good luck critting it before getting critted...

While I don't like paying to win, this is the only time I'd recommend buying the insurance plan DLC, just to preserve your sanity. It's hard enough even with the DLC, so it's not an automatic pay-to-win, but it can save you hundreds of hours in real time by preventing equipment loss when you die, and allows you to do suicide runs into higher-level dungeons to farm gear.

If you have the DLC, the equipment you actually want is the one that summons more enemies, because you need to level up as soon and as much as possible. The cat should have a Warning Bell at all times, because traps can easily screw up a good run.
"Teamwork is essential; it gives them other people to shoot at."
Gigabyte Z270 Phoenix Gaming || i9-9980HK @ 5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 || NVIDIA Tesla K20m
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#3
Solarys posted...
The Stella trophy in this game is absolutely painful, and there's nothing you can do to help since everything is pure RNG. The final dungeon takes 13 h 20 min just to get through, and its boss does a guaranteed 1HKO critical on its 5th turn, so good luck critting it before getting critted...

While I don't like paying to win, this is the only time I'd recommend buying the insurance plan DLC, just to preserve your sanity. It's hard enough even with the DLC, so it's not an automatic pay-to-win, but it can save you hundreds of hours in real time by preventing equipment loss when you die, and allows you to do suicide runs into higher-level dungeons to farm gear.

If you have the DLC, the equipment you actually want is the one that summons more enemies, because you need to level up as soon and as much as possible. The cat should have a Warning Bell at all times, because traps can easily screw up a good run.

I see. Part of the reason I'm using Stella to scout every Dungeon, is so I can get better items and Equipment for my characters.

I'm currently in the World Labyrinth, and I'm aware you're supposed to loose to the Killachine(Story Boss)(at least, that's how it went in mk2?) but I think the Killachine has the Magic Dampener, which I need in order to unlock Powerlevel Island.
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#4
Solarys posted...

Well, I tried going through Rebeat Resort. and Stella Died. Meaning I lost my Evasion Stone.
Guess I'm gonna need that insurance DLC after all.😓
Solarys 2 years ago#5
Nine_Tails137 posted...
Well, I tried going through Rebeat Resort. and Stella Died. Meaning I lost my Evasion Stone.

Which is why this trophy is pure agonizing pain. It's a pain even with the insurance, since the later dungeons take so bloody long just for you to fail at the boss (over and over again), but it can at least save your sanity from totally collapsing.

I don't mind having an "idle RPG" mini-game that plays itself in the background, but don't lock any content or trophy behind it when it's entirely luck-based! This is almost as stupid as requiring you to get a straight flush in poker to win...
"Teamwork is essential; it gives them other people to shoot at."
Gigabyte Z270 Phoenix Gaming || i9-9980HK @ 5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 || NVIDIA Tesla K20m
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#6
Solarys posted...
Nine_Tails137 posted...

Which is why this trophy is pure agonizing pain. It's a pain even with the insurance, since the later dungeons take so bloody long just for you to fail at the boss (over and over again), but it can at least save your sanity from totally collapsing.

I don't mind having an "idle RPG" mini-game that plays itself in the background, but don't lock any content or trophy behind it when it's entirely luck-based! This is almost as stupid as requiring you to get a straight flush in poker to win...

IKR! if only Stella's Level didn't reset upon clearing a Dungeon!
BBQ_Soda 2 years ago#7
You know you can simply adjust the clock on your PC or handheld, right?
The RNG doesn't happen in real-time, because the random seed and therefore outcome is already set as soon as you start a dungeon.
AMD Ryzen 7 4700GE, MSI B350 Tomahawk, 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz, GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#8
BBQ_Soda posted...
You know you can simply adjust the clock on your PC or handheld, right?
The RNG doesn't happen in real-time, because the random seed and therefore outcome is already set as soon as you start a dungeon.

Eh, I'm alright. I caved and bought the Histy's Rescue DLC to make it easier.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A