• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#11
Solarys posted...
What's ironic is those who can understand enough Japanese to watch anime or play games don't need an English dub in the first place. They are the definition of a vocal minority that spoils things for everyone else by endlessly b****ing and moaning at something they don't even give a crap about.

Sure, some of the early English dubs in the PS1 and 2 era were hilariously bad, which had probably left a bad impression or created a negative stereotype among some people. But voice acting has improved greatly over the recent generations, and there are some really good English dubs in both anime and games.

The only things I know how to say in Japanese are:
Usagi = Rabbit
Hai = Yes,
iae = No,
Arigato = Thank you
Baka = idiot or Moron,
watashi wa(instert name here) desu = My name is(insert name here)
Ohaiyo Gozaimasu = Good Morning,
Sayonara = Good Bye,
and that's basically it.

So whenever I hear characters saying random sentences in Japanese, I'm totally lost without Subtitles.
BBQ_Soda 2 years ago#12
I use English dub for convenience also, especially in anime since I can do something else at the same time, like eat dinner or play a handheld/mobile game.
In games, I don't really care. I just turn down or mute the voice if there is no English option, or if it's exceptionally bad - which is thankfully rare these days. I know practically zero Japanese, so it sounds no different to me than the gibberish Nintendo often uses, i.e. somewhere between funny and annoying.

I agree that Neptune's Japanese voice is intolerable (even though I only heard it in B&NvZ where they forgot to dub some sections), and she sounds much better in English.
The only English voice in this series I really don't like is Vert's in V-II, in which her new VA didn't seem used to the role. She sounded a lot more natural in 4GO, though.
AMD Ryzen 7 4700GE, MSI B350 Tomahawk, 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz, GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#13
BBQ_Soda posted...
I use English dub for convenience also, especially in anime since I can do something else at the same time, like eat dinner or play a handheld/mobile game.
In games, I don't really care. I just turn down or mute the voice if there is no English option, or if it's exceptionally bad - which is thankfully rare these days. I know practically zero Japanese, so it sounds no different to me than the gibberish Nintendo often uses, i.e. somewhere between funny and annoying.

I agree that Neptune's Japanese voice is intolerable (even though I only heard it in B&NvZ where they forgot to dub some sections), and she sounds much better in English.
The only English voice in this series I really don't like is Vert's in V-II, in which her new VA didn't seem used to the role. She sounded a lot more natural in 4GO, though.

Wait! Neptune + Blanc vs Zombies wasn't fully Dubbed!?(I haven't played the game yet as of this reply).
Solarys 2 years ago#14
The main scenario in B+N is fully dubbed, but a few hidden scenes are only in Japanese. There are only about 5, so I suppose they just forgot about them.
"Teamwork is essential; it gives them other people to shoot at."
Gigabyte Z270 Phoenix Gaming || i9-9980HK @ 5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 || NVIDIA Tesla K20m
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#15
Solarys posted...
The main scenario in B+N is fully dubbed, but a few hidden scenes are only in Japanese. There are only about 5, so I suppose they just forgot about them.

Guess I'll have to keep an Eye out for those when I get around to playing Neptune + Blanc vs Zombies.
Solarys 2 years ago#16
All of those hidden scenes require you to pick specific characters for a specific mission, so they are easily overlooked. But you can redo all of the missions at any time, so nothing is permanently missable.

Also, all of those multiplayer missions can be soloed. Some have very little margin for error when it comes to speed, if you want the best rank, but everything is solo-able. The same applies to 4GO.
"Teamwork is essential; it gives them other people to shoot at."
Gigabyte Z270 Phoenix Gaming || i9-9980HK @ 5 GHz || 16 GB DDR4 || NVIDIA Tesla K20m
Nine_Tails137 2 years ago#17
Solarys posted...
All of those hidden scenes require you to pick specific characters for a specific mission, so they are easily overlooked. But you can redo all of the missions at any time, so nothing is permanently missable.

Also, all of those multiplayer missions can be soloed. Some have very little margin for error when it comes to speed, if you want the best rank, but everything is solo-able. The same applies to 4GO.

That's good to know. I don't have any local friends I can see on a regular basis who plays Neptunia, so Multiplayer is kinda difficult for me.
BBQ_Soda 2 years ago#18
Solarys posted...

All multiplayer missions in BNvZ are easily solo-able, but I wouldn't say the same about the L200 missions in 4GO, where you have to fight multiple bosses at once.
You might be able to cheese some of them with Nepgear or Uni, by shooting the bosses one at a time from max range so they won't move, but it all depends on where they spawn. If they spawn close to each other, you are out of luck.
AMD Ryzen 7 4700GE, MSI B350 Tomahawk, 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200 MHz, GeForce GTX 980 Ti
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A