• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. Thinking about importing the game; got a couple questions

User Info: ShadowSliph

ShadowSliph
2 years ago#11
Goraishi posted...
ShadowSliph posted...
Honestly, the bigger selection of suits is why I was looking more at FB. Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the single player in vanilla EXVS and FB? Like I said, my first-gen PS3 doesn't have wireless Internet, so online isn't a dealbreaker for me.

If you can't do wired either by wiring directly to a router or wiring your ps3 to something else and using the wireless on that, it will be a horrible experience anyway. None of the PS3s have wireless worth a damn and the game will constantly stutter because of how the clients are synced.

Anyway, your question. Vanilla mission mode has this sprawling grid/map with nodes that are connected, and clearing one unlocks the connecting nodes. You get a score ranks from S to maybe D, not sure on the lower bound, based on how well you do which gives you an incentive to replay them if you want. Some nodes have sub objectives that will unlock emblems (just a cosmetic badge you can have show online) and mission mode skills. You get to level up different stats on your suits with points you earn during each mission, and you get to equip 1 skill. Some missions do have specific requirements and won't let you use a skill making them more challenging.

FB mission mode just has this long list of numbered missions. You can change the difficulty of the missions, and you get something for each difficulty of each mission. Some of them are just points, but a lot are trophies which unlock the level of the mobile suit the trophy is for. It does not give you score ranks so you don't replay the missions to get S ranks or anything. Instead you're basically forced to clear each mission, even the stupidly trivial ones, 4 times in order to beat each difficulty. Even if you play the hardest difficulty first, you still have to clear the rest for the trophies to level your suits. This felt extremely grindy as opposed to trying to S rank everything in vanilla which felt more like I was challenging myself.

Skills work differently as well. Instead of just leveling up base stats (damage, hp, boost, etc), you essentially get levelable versions of all the vanilla skills which are all active simultaneously. This makes you stupidly overpowered, and since you don't just equip a skill, missions can't just ignore your skill for the mission. Now you can just not level up your suits, but leveling up your suits is one of the big features of mission mode. In addition to that, if you want the platinum trophy, you have to level your suits up anyway. You could just farm points and level everything in the end, but personally, I want the game itself to be challenging rather than creating an artificial challenge by imposing restrictions on how I play the game.

Oh, also arcade mode in vanilla gives you gold, silver, bronze medals for each stage. So you can replay through to try to gold everything. This doesn't actually get you anything (I think theres a trophy for getting at least a bronze on everything), but it gave me a reason to play the arcade mode a bunch. There is no equivalent in FB arcade mode. FB arcade does track your high score for each stage, but it doesn't really rank how you did (stages can be worth a vastly different amount of score depending on what you have to kill so 40k might be great on one and 80k great on another).

Thanks for clearing that up! Vanilla or FB....hmmm....
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. Thinking about importing the game; got a couple questions
  • Topic Archived