• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 17)

User Info: injuredpelican

injuredpelican
2 years ago#451
ShotgunSamurai posted...
http://g-versus.ggame.jp/ms_stage/ms/

GVS website updated 12 more units added, Mouar is the default pilot for Gabthley so yay.

Goraishi posted...
GVS doesn't have a Zaku III does it?
not yet

Nice! MK II Titans is not lowest tier this time. That's kind of nice.

And Kapool is finally free of any crappy tag system!
Kaiba: Are you trying to tell me Yugi and I are destined to play card games for all eternity?
Best. Destiny. Ever.

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#452
A thing I noticed is why is the Mack Knife have "Mask version" written next to it? seems pointless unless there is another Mack knife playable right? they don't do that for MkII gundam so why did they for mask?

also no alternate pilot for Strike surprised me, I thought we'd at least see Mwu there.

Furryyiffer posted...
So we ended up getting all the Thrones anyway.
makes me wonder if we'll get all the druggies or the Zala team (athrun, nicol, yzak, and dearka)

Curemaster posted...
For the update, its highlighting these stuffs:
-) Routine events
-) New Modes
-) New Playable Units
-) Units Balancing
bragging about small handful of new units? yay...
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#453
ShotgunSamurai posted...
bragging about small handful of new units? yay...

It also doesn't say free suits.

User Info: ZetaC1

ZetaC1
2 years ago#454
Curemaster posted...
For the update, its highlighting these stuffs:
-) Routine events
-) New Modes
-) New Playable Units
-) Units Balancing
Have to say this caught my attention. wonder what they mean by "events"? cause I will totally dig it but is it japan exclusive? will western buyers get gypped from this feature? will these events be cool? Cause I doubt they'd do an event were you can win EXS gundam, for example, I doubt they'd put actual suits behind an event wall. That'd just piss off the player fan base. but winning exclusive costumes for pilots or fancy huds I'm totally game.
throwing up rainbows is the way to go

User Info: Curemaster

Curemaster
2 years ago#455
ZetaC1 posted...
<Have to say this caught my attention. wonder what they mean by "events"? cause I will totally dig it but is it japan exclusive? will western buyers get gypped from this feature? will these events be cool? Cause I doubt they'd do an event were you can win EXS gundam, for example, I doubt they'd put actual suits behind an event wall. That'd just piss off the player fan base. but winning exclusive costumes for pilots or fancy huds I'm totally game.

I'm thinking it's similar to MB-On events such as VS Conquests or online tournaments.

VS Conquest is the main online event in MB-On, because you can get early access to new units and also HUD, emblem, titles, and hoards of GP by collecting points or defeating boss units. All of the players were divided into several groups, and they race to get the most territories.

Online tournaments were held each months on MB-On. You can get special HUD, titles, and emblems if you managed to get the high ranks. The tournament was held monthly, each with different rules (i.e Red units only, Transformable units only, Girls pilot only, etc).

I highly doubt it that they going to unlock units via online events since DLC exists, but I do hope they're more generous this days, which probably just a mere pipe dream :(...
An der schonen blauen Donau + Very large speakers = Overridden Trombe...

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#456
Goraishi posted...
It also doesn't say free suits.
I'm really scared of GVSs DLC plan and we don't even know a single thing about it...

ZetaC1 posted...
wonder what they mean by "events"?
wouldn't mind something like Fire Emblem Heroes style events, do something with a certain character and get an orb/feathers. Maybe they can do something similar. Beat Arcade route A with Kapool and get no game overs and get 10,000 GP points.

Curemaster posted...
I highly doubt it that they going to unlock units via online events since DLC exists
well being able to win units via events would be cool only if its possible to buy/unlock them outside of the event. I'd hate to see exclusive suit content via events. Like if Rick Dias is winnable in an event but not buyable, I'd sad. Doubt I'd ever use a Rick Dias but I'd still be sad.
Safety Kaijou!

Goraishi
2 years ago#457
ShotgunSamurai posted...
well being able to win units via events would be cool only if its possible to buy/unlock them outside of the event. I'd hate to see exclusive suit content via events. Like if Rick Dias is winnable in an event but not buyable, I'd sad. Doubt I'd ever use a Rick Dias but I'd still be sad.

I don't think they'd do that. Not being able to get access to part of the roster would take a crap on this as a competitive game. Yeah, they had first edition suits, but you literally had months to get it which isn't at all comparable to a 1-2 week event that you could easily just not have enough time for the event or be able to play at all.

What I think could be really cool would be to let people who complete the event try out the new dlc suits for a week or so for free. Like if you complete the August event, when the September dlc suits come out, the first week you can use them without buying. I don't see them letting us trial payed dlc suits though because I think they'd rather nickel and dime us.

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#458
Goraishi posted...
I don't see them letting us trial payed dlc suits though because I think they'd rather nickel and dime us.
FB sorta had a rental system through arcade, so why not here in GVS?
Safety Kaijou!

Goraishi
2 years ago#459
ShotgunSamurai posted...

They added the rental system for suits that were over a year old. Most of the non-clone suits you still can't rent. I don't see them letting you try new dlc for free. I'd really like to be wrong on this because I got several suits that I didn't actually like after playing them.

User Info: NT-1_Alex

NT-1_Alex
2 years ago#460
Goraishi posted...
ShotgunSamurai posted...

They added the rental system for suits that are over a year old. Most of the non-clone suits you still can't rent. I don't see them letting you try new dlc for free. I'd really like to be wrong on this because I got several suits that I didn't actually like after playing them.

they mentioned something about playing suits early in the G sound edition so idk if they'd do that for people who didn't shill.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 17)
  • Topic Archived