• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 16)

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
2 years ago#491
Rainforce posted...
>c***block us from MBON
>Say we're getting a new game on the PS4, but it's mostly reused assets including copy-paste suits
>Make gameplay slower and punish overboost even more
>Instead of using assists well now have a striker system where less than 5 will see competitive play
>Give special movement to almost every suit to pad movesets
>So far very few completely new suits
>Gimp the series list for no reason but DLC profit

How is this acceptable??

Been lurking this thread the past few weeks in disgust with every bit of news I read about this piece of s***.
PSN- Sratos0027 (Dipset Anthem>>>>National Anthem)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer

User Info: ZX287021

ZX287021
2 years ago#492
I wonder what would happen if Capcom came back to the vs series considering how different the vs. gameplay to the Extreme vs gameplay. Namco's track record for games today has been meeeh...
GM Unda!!! STAND BY!
PSN-guncarr Playing alot of GBO

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#493
ZX287021 posted...
I wonder what would happen if Capcom came back to the vs series considering how different the vs. gameplay to the Extreme vs gameplay. Namco's track record for games today has been meeeh...

Well, I don't see that ever happening because the vs series has always been published by bandai, and namco/bandai merged so...

Also, EXVS was better than any vs game capcom had a hand in.

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#494
can't say I really care to be honest. We're not getting MBON, that's been clear for a very long time. I'm just glad we're getting something for console cause its been too long. only thing I'm scared of is DLC and how long the developers will give attention to GVS. I'd like to think they'd update with buffs/nerfs regularly and for a long time. constant nerfs/buffs would be great so that we don't get a crazy S++++ tier dude running around ruining the game for months on in.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Zerowu

Zerowu
2 years ago#495
they know we're easy to milk and even easier to please :)

Besides, MB-ON isn't exactly a balanced game either and I think I prefer this dumbed down "new" generation over the downright broken shooting and fighting burst that decides matches. Only thing appealing about MB-On is the roster.

They need to remove the overboost penalty though. Otherwise I don't see how Astray or Epyon will be able to make the roster ;( Hopefully enough people complain about it. All this change does is limit creativity.

And disagree on capcom making crappy versus games. Capcom vs Snk 2 is one of the best fighting games ever and actually pretty well balanced which is amazing considering the large cast and no way to patch it. MvC3 was broken, but they patched and nerfed things accordingly. Considering this day and age, leaving exvsfb in the state it's in is downright disgusting. I'm not even sure if they would have patched norn+re-gz is they weren't interested in feeding us more DLC which was just as broken anyways.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#496
ShotgunSamurai posted...
can't say I really care to be honest. We're not getting MBON, that's been clear for a very long time. I'm just glad we're getting something for console cause its been too long. only thing I'm scared of is DLC and how long the developers will give attention to GVS. I'd like to think they'd update with buffs/nerfs regularly and for a long time. constant nerfs/buffs would be great so that we don't get a crazy S++++ tier dude running around ruining the game for months on in.

That is kind of how I feel. I'm not happy about it, but I'm desperate for a new game at this point.

Zerowu posted...
Besides, MB-ON isn't exactly a balanced game either and I think I prefer this dumbed down "new" generation over the downright broken shooting and fighting burst that decides matches. Only thing appealing about MB-On is the roster.

That is true, but MB took quite a while to get fairly balanced too. Despite that, it ended up being at least on the level of launch FB. MBOn might eventually find its balance too.

Zerowu posted...
And disagree on capcom making crappy versus games.

If that was related to my comment, I was specifically talking about the 'vs series' and not just anything which happens to have 'vs' in the title.

User Info: 2nd_striker

2nd_striker
2 years ago#497
So if gvs flops, mbon 2018???
"Thats it! Ive come up with a new recipe!"

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
2 years ago#498
ZX287021 posted...

Capcom's been f***in' up their own games lately, so it wouldn't be any better with them at the helm.
PSN- Sratos0027 (Dipset Anthem>>>>National Anthem)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#499
2nd_striker posted...
So if gvs flops, mbon 2018???
I doubt GVS will flop.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: NT-1_Alex

NT-1_Alex
2 years ago#500
gamestop27 posted...
ZX287021 posted...

Capcom's been f***in' up their own games lately, so it wouldn't be any better with them at the helm.

they have 2 recent successes in my book: SFV & REVII. Now I know that neither sold well, but they are actually good GAMES it'll be a while before they can patch their reputation, but this is a good sign for recovery
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 16)
  • Topic Archived