• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 16)

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#481
Guess how many assists will really be used in competitive!

IMO 4 or less

User Info: Zerowu

Zerowu
2 years ago#482
The striker system really sucks. I thought they said it would be limited by series, instead of suits being able to access assists from different universes -_____-

Also weird they took away rx78-2's shield weapon they showed in the alpha.

I'm really hoping for a season pass. A lot of suits in the closed beta looked like copy and pasted versions of suits from MB, which is disappointing considering this is a new generation. I don't think I can justify 4-5 dollar for a suit as dlc that I've already played in FB if it's going to receive minimal overhaul.

The gameplay seems like a stripped down FB. Sad how few options you have after overboosting :(

User Info: SDBZ

SDBZ
2 years ago#483
Zerowu posted...

It's 2b now lol
Gundam EXVSFB mains: Astray Red Dragon, 00 Quanta, 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G
PSN ID: RyuseiDateSRX

Zerowu
2 years ago#484
lol that's pretty awesome ^_^ Is it like the sword projectile 00 can throw out?

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#485
Zerowu posted...
The striker system really sucks. I thought they said it would be limited by series, instead of suits being able to access assists from different universes -_____-

Yeah, this seems silly. I can only see this ending two ways. One being the assists can be broken down into a few types of attacks which are all incredibly similar meaning it doesn't matter much what assist you pick which would be a pretty big waste of a feature. The other is what Rainforce said, almost everyone will use a very, very small portion of the assists which again is a pretty big waste of a feature.

Maybe that is just a beta feature so people can test them all to make sure they work?

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#486
Zerowu posted...
I'm really hoping for a season pass
most games these days have one so I'd think GVS would be no different.

Zerowu posted...
I don't think I can justify 4-5 dollar for a suit as dlc that I've already played in FB if it's going to receive minimal overhaul.
I hear you man, hopefully they'll mix lots of new stuff in the exvs sets cause that is kinda boring to just get everything from MBON just with shuffled around movesets to compensate for the lack of assists.

Goraishi posted...
The other is what Rainforce said, almost everyone will use a very, very small portion of the assists which again is a pretty big waste of a feature.
I'm thinking in the same lines with Rainforce on this one. there will be the 5 good assists and people will only use those.

but it is a beta so its probable they're using the beta to figure out the striker system and other features
Safety Kaijou!

Zerowu
2 years ago#487
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEua1ABY_OE
awww... the alpha version of shield was better. Seems like in the alpha you didn't have a delay before you could throw it :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG0CQooBW8w&t=1m29s

User Info: NT-1_Alex

NT-1_Alex
2 years ago#488
ShotgunSamurai posted...
NT-1_Alex posted...
Also we know for a fact IBO isn't skipping over S1 I'm also gonna bet they'll give us the s*** kimaris, so that's at least 2.
you s*** talking about the lovely kimaris? them fighting words.

but joking aside they could just do Kimaris Trooper and barabtos for s1 and call it good. cause the main tekkadans Besides Mika don't need 2 unlocks, Akihiro should just have full city, Shino just Flauros, then Macky can just get bael and so on. Yeah I'd love to see Grimgerde and Graze Ein but eh.

well the suit isn't good in the game is what I meant. they didn't give kimaris any love

SDBZ posted...
Zerowu posted...

It's 2b now lol

most hops now are purely 2b, just an fyi, even on exia

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#489
>c***block us from MBON
>Say we're getting a new game on the PS4, but it's mostly reused assets including copy-paste suits
>Make gameplay slower and punish overboost even more
>Instead of using assists well now have a striker system where less than 5 will see competitive play
>Give special movement to almost every suit to pad movesets
>So far very few completely new suits
>Gimp the series list for no reason but DLC profit

How is this acceptable??

User Info: cx6998

cx6998
2 years ago#490
Rainforce posted...
>c***block us from MBON
>Say we're getting a new game on the PS4, but it's mostly reused assets including copy-paste suits
>Make gameplay slower and punish overboost even more
>Instead of using assists well now have a striker system where less than 5 will see competitive play
>Give special movement to almost every suit to pad movesets
>So far very few completely new suits
>Gimp the series list for no reason but DLC profit

How is this acceptable??

Because they're Scamco.
Peace cannot be achieved by force, it can only be achieved by understanding
-Albert Einstein
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 16)
  • Topic Archived