• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 16)
(message deleted)

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#42
ShotgunSamurai posted...
Rainforce posted...
Out of those only vanilla GP02 has a very limited moveset
Red frame only had the beam rifle/head vulcan and the rest of the moveset melee/boosts attacks. GP01 only has beam rifle so they change it up and added an assist with his fancy boost feature. GP02 only had head vulcans and Nuke. why can't Byarlant have fancy boost/melee moves along with a different alternate fire for his beam rifle hands?

Rainforce posted...
One would need to pad it with dual handed beam shot, rolling beam shot, etc.
like a large portion of the roster. nothing wrong with giving a beam rifle more uses/variety.

Rainforce posted...
If you want a Byarlant then hope for the Custom which more weapons
custom has more weapons than the orginial, huh? the bigger claws count as something "more"? Custom has no more weapons than the original.

If any byarlant will become playable it'd be Jerid's. the Custom might be an NPC for a unicorn story mode but I doubt he'd be playable.

what a fanboy, holy s***

User Info: Killarock404

Killarock404
2 years ago#43
I mean in all fairness there are a lot of suits in the game who have basic movesets that are in the game. So it wouldn't be a stretch for them to add any suit. So long as it has a beam riffle, it can be added.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#44
Killarock404 posted...
I mean in all fairness there are a lot of suits in the game who have basic movesets that are in the game. So it wouldn't be a stretch for them to add any suit. So long as it has a beam riffle, it can be added.

Yeah, that is very true. They've shown they can make up for a lack of weapons in the source material with special movements, special melees, assists, and flat out making stuff up. Some of those suits are even fun (not so much the ones with pure assist padding).

User Info: cx6998

cx6998
2 years ago#45
Goraishi posted...
flat out making stuff up

Deathscythe Hell EW......
Peace cannot be achieved by force, it can only be achieved by understanding
-Albert Einstein

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#46
Deathscythe Hell EW is built to be a pure melee suit with jammer(no lock) and AB Cloak(tanks beams and solid ammo) but the developers are to lazy to balance it

User Info: ZetaC1

ZetaC1
2 years ago#47
Goraishi posted...
not so much the ones with pure assist padding
well isn't GVS taking out the super padding of assists? cause I doubt we'll have to deal with those now.

looking forward to that to be honest.
throwing up rainbows is the way to go

User Info: cx6998

cx6998
2 years ago#48
Rainforce posted...
Deathscythe Hell EW is built to be a pure melee suit with jammer(no lock) and AB Cloak(tanks beams and solid ammo) but the developers are to lazy to balance it

its A is pure BS as well. I was just hoping for normal vulcans but instead we get that wha-cha-ma-callit
Peace cannot be achieved by force, it can only be achieved by understanding
-Albert Einstein

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#49
cx6998 posted...
Goraishi posted...
flat out making stuff up

Deathscythe Hell EW......

The exact suit I was thinking of when I typed that. I think that was the biggest ass pull by a healthy margin.

ZetaC1 posted...
well isn't GVS taking out the super padding of assists? cause I doubt we'll have to deal with those now.

looking forward to that to be honest.

Yeah. Or the more negative view that they're adding massive assist padding to every suit. I'm happy that the change should mean there aren't suits defined almost entirely by their assists. However, it is still an input that could have been something other than assists, and I would have much preferred assists to entirely / almost entirely disappear. This feels like a big step in the wrong direction towards older gen vs games.

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#50
long as there isn't 2k assist bots like in exvs I'm good. having one assist isn't terrible.
Safety Kaijou!
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 16)
  • Topic Archived