• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 16)

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#31
Goraishi posted...
I don't think Jerid is worth the use of one of GVS's limited roster slots.
you're extremely biased against Jerid so I don't think that is a fair thing to say.

Curemaster posted...
Honestly don't know how they made Baund Doc's move sets.
I scratch my head all the time with their decisions on units.

Curemaster posted...
It's supposed to be more beam-spamming unit
is it? it technically only has 2 weapons. beam rifle and a shield gun thing.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#32
At least Bound has a limited but serviceable moveset(BR, MPC, BS, Claw, transformation), Byarlant doesn't

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#33
since they gave baund doc wrist gun have two functions I don't see how come byarlant gun can't be divided in multiple different styles. (gerobi/spinning multiple shot sub, etc) not only that, byarlant is a high speed MS. give it a special speed boost feature, like Xi's minovsky craft system with the slide boosting.

there is the full weapon moveset its not hard to come up with stuff. I'm actually really curious on how GVS will handle The O. he is a guy that only has a beam rifle and some beam sabers, curious how they'll fill up his moveset. They could do what I said above for Byarlant, change up his beam rifle to do multiple attacks or they could just give The O some crazy NT magic and have it work in his moveset
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: ZetaC1

ZetaC1
2 years ago#34
Goraishi posted...
I don't think Jerid is worth the use of one of GVS's limited roster slots. Maybe an assist for other Titans suits. Kamille and Scirocco are the most important to get it, and then there are others like Ema, Quattro, Yazan. Something new to the franchise that would probably be well received could be the Dijeh even though its appearance in Z was minimal (actually Jerid's Bound Doc's was really minimal as well).

in all honesty I don't think units from the Universal Century will take a huge hit in the roster reset. GVS will most likely have a single player mode like it did in exvs Force and UC will get the most attention.

just look with the units we know right now in GVS. of the 12 units playable 7 are from UC. 2 of which imo really shouldn't be launch units. So to think they'd cut main guys like Yazan, Quattro, Jerid, Emma, etc but add Ral/Kai would be weird.

Rainforce posted...
At least Bound has a limited but serviceable moveset(BR, MPC, BS, Claw, transformation), Byarlant doesn't
I thought the same thing with Barbatos, Red Frame, GP01/2, and so on.
throwing up rainbows is the way to go

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#35
ZetaC1 posted...
I thought the same thing with Barbatos, Red Frame, GP01/2, and so on.

Out of those only vanilla GP02 has a very limited moveset so they padded it with assists. GP02 should use the MLRS and Beam Bazooka as its base moveset until it can launche the nuke

Byarlant only has beam cannon and beam saber. One would need to pad it with dual handed beam shot, rolling beam shot, etc.

If you want a Byarlant then hope for the Custom which more weapons and assist potential with unit 2

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#36
Rainforce posted...
Out of those only vanilla GP02 has a very limited moveset
Red frame only had the beam rifle/head vulcan and the rest of the moveset melee/boosts attacks. GP01 only has beam rifle so they change it up and added an assist with his fancy boost feature. GP02 only had head vulcans and Nuke. why can't Byarlant have fancy boost/melee moves along with a different alternate fire for his beam rifle hands?

Rainforce posted...
One would need to pad it with dual handed beam shot, rolling beam shot, etc.
like a large portion of the roster. nothing wrong with giving a beam rifle more uses/variety.

Rainforce posted...
If you want a Byarlant then hope for the Custom which more weapons
custom has more weapons than the orginial, huh? the bigger claws count as something "more"? Custom has no more weapons than the original.

If any byarlant will become playable it'd be Jerid's. the Custom might be an NPC for a unicorn story mode but I doubt he'd be playable.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#37
ShotgunSamurai posted...
you're extremely biased against Jerid so I don't think that is a fair thing to say.

No, I'm not. I think he was a boring character and he was a garbage pilot that Camille was forced to constantly shoo away like a fly. That isn't a bias.

I actually even like the Gabthley (sad what they did to it in MB though). However, neither it or anything else Jerid pilots should even crack the top 5 most worthy suits.

ZetaC1 posted...
in all honesty I don't think units from the Universal Century will take a huge hit in the roster reset. GVS will most likely have a single player mode like it did in exvs Force and UC will get the most attention.

just look with the units we know right now in GVS. of the 12 units playable 7 are from UC. 2 of which imo really shouldn't be launch units. So to think they'd cut main guys like Yazan, Quattro, Jerid, Emma, etc but add Ral/Kai would be weird.

I really hope their idea for a story mode isn't to yet again go through the early UC story. I can't imagine them not having some kind of story mode in a made for console vs game, but I will definitely roll my eyes if they do the run-into-the-ground First-CCA with a dash of Unicorn that has been thrown in since it came out.

Origin is the new big thing. I'm not sure First getting several new reps is an indication of much else.

Are you counting FA Gundam as UC / is that considered true UC? Kind of curious where that falls (assuming that was the 7th and I'm not just failing to remember one).

User Info: ZetaC1

ZetaC1
2 years ago#38
Goraishi posted...
neither it or anything else Jerid pilots should even crack the top 5 most worthy suits
that's like your opinion man, imo jerid should be in the top 5 since he's such a large character in the series that pilots multiple well known units to top it off his VA voices multiple other characters, those kind of character tend to show up more. while there is many units from Zeta I'd like to see playable like Dijeh, Palace Athene, Bolinoak Sammahn (particularly this one a great deal) and so on, but I know those guys aren't top contenders for launch title units.

but these would be my top 5 contenders.
1. Kamille
2. Scirocco
3. Quattro
4. Probably Jerid
5. Probably Emma

I don't think Yazan will make it in before Jerid in GVS imo. while Hambrabi is a lot of fun in FB I just think Yazan will be after Jerid.

Goraishi posted...
I really hope their idea for a story mode isn't to yet again go through the early UC story
who knows, if its around vanilla level of single player content I'll be okay i guess.

Goraishi posted...
Are you counting FA Gundam as UC
yes. it takes place in UC its a UC unit, could care less what its where it is in the "canon" timeline
throwing up rainbows is the way to go

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#39
Goraishi posted...
That isn't a bias.
saying he is a boring character and that he was only shoo'ed away is biased. he was a major character with multiple character arcs and was a power enemy. since you don't like him thats your opinion but I'm going to disagree that he was a boring character or a crap pilot. he just wasn't near Yazan like many many characters.

Goraishi posted...
sad what they did to it in MB though
totally agree hopefully they never pull a move like that again.

ZetaC1 posted...
Dijeh, Palace Athene, Bolinoak Sammahn (particularly this one a great deal) and so on
I'd love to see all 3 of those playable, hopefully they do get added at some point.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#40
ZetaC1 posted...
that's like your opinion man

Obviously.

ShotgunSamurai posted...
saying he is a boring character and that he was only shoo'ed away is biased. he was a major character with multiple character arcs and was a power enemy. since you don't like him thats your opinion but I'm going to disagree that he was a boring character or a crap pilot. he just wasn't near Yazan like many many characters.

Having an opinion isn't the same thing as being "extremely biased" because my opinion is negative or different from yours.

I found him boring because he came off as a wanna be rival that just can't get Camille engaged enough to make an actual rivalry out of it. That is too subjective to be worth arguing so I'll just leave that with why I feel that way. If you found the 'I'll get you next time' character to be compelling, well, your choice.

His piloting on the other hand, are you seriously saying things like how Camille kills him was not portrayed as Camille swatting some insignificant pilot like a fly? Camille wasn't even trying at all...

Jerid's piloting is also objectively on a substantially lower level compared to the high end pilots in Zeta. You can play the 'but he is better than the grunts' card if you want I guess. Sure, he was better than the grunts who also displayed nothing impressive (I'm including named characters without noteworthy accomplishments in that as well as nameless pilots).

Yazan isn't the only pilot that was leaps and bounds above him. It isn't just about number either. There is skill gap to be considered. Even if Jerid was #2 (which he wasn't), that isn't worth much if the gap between #1 and #2 is enormous. A person numerically ranked somewhat high can very easily be crap by comparison. Look at how far Camille had to go to kill Yazan or Scirocco. How little effort it took to beat Jerid's Bound Doc and kill him is a complete joke.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 16)
  • Topic Archived