• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. Moveset changes that would surprise you in GVS?

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#21
Goraishi posted...
They should. And they can give Mu the Strike instead. Putting her in Rouge was wtf... the entire moveset consists of things Kira did with it.
while I agree 10fold, I doubt they would. imo Akaktsuki will always be Cagalli's MS. So i really hope they give it to her.

but that said, Ootori is a fun suit, my only complaint is the missiles. which they fixed 10 minutes later in MB. pissed me off they never fixed that move in FB...

injuredpelican posted...
I honestly wish they would bring back weapon switching.
while agree maybe there should be a couple weapon switching I don't think suits like Turn A is one of those. dividing up his moveset would only hurt him. could just make his BR his a and make the Gundam hammers his sub. (or even a quick change CSa)

but even if they did that, what goraishi said is true it does divide the unit making balancing weird. if its a transformation like what reborns does though thats a different story.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#22
ShotgunSamurai posted...
but that said, Ootori is a fun suit, my only complaint is the missiles. which they fixed 10 minutes later in MB. pissed me off they never fixed that move in FB...

I'm pretty sure I asked this before and just forgot... what did they do with the missiles? I think they're pretty decent in FB. They can do some pretty crazy arcs to catch landings.

ShotgunSamurai posted...
but even if they did that, what goraishi said is true it does divide the unit making balancing weird. if its a transformation like what reborns does though thats a different story.

Reborns works because you never sit / fight in canon mode. You use it for cancels, charging CSa (which got nerfed after FB), and the gerobi. Even then, the moveset would be much more streamlined if the transformation button was just the gerobi (which granted makes no sense from a logical perspective). Although I think you might have been meaning that as giving him one in the first place is sort of required since the transforming is a feature of the suit?

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#23
Goraishi posted...
what did they do with the missiles?
they shoot them all out at once making them more overall useful imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZnzOBHtvAM

Goraishi posted...
They can do some pretty crazy arcs to catch landings.
true

Goraishi posted...
Although I think you might have been meaning that as giving him one in the first place is sort of required since the transforming is a feature of the suit?
yeah, some suits are just required to have some kind of transformation.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: NT-1_Alex

NT-1_Alex
2 years ago#24
Goraishi posted...
injuredpelican posted...
I honestly wish they would bring back weapon switching. Then there could be two Turn A modes: Rifle mode and hammer mode.

If they wanted to do that, the differences need to be a lot more substantial than just that considering having a mode swap button takes up one of your moves. Both modes need to be all around viable as well unlike 2500 Sinanju or Akatsuki. The idea of specialized modes is cool, but it hamstrings the suits from a balance perspective most of the time.

I feel like something needs to be clarified here cause I'm missing something. I mean either way he could just have a csb mode change, its not really uncommon. Though I'm unclear if you just want them to change the main weapon or make an entirely new mode with new weapons & etc. I think having a csb weapon change wouldn't really hurt the suit, so why not i guess? But if we're talking like two different move set than I'm not really sure I can co-sign

Goraishi
2 years ago#25
ShotgunSamurai posted...

The main thing there seems to be that since the ammo count is 1, right after you fire, you get them all back instead of ending up sitting on 1 or 2 shots you need to clear out. So yeah, that change makes them better, but i don't think that is a big deal. That said, the tracking didn't seem as good. The opponents could just have been breaking it or the tracking wasn't as good in MB originally, but if the tracking is actually worse now then I would say it is a downgrade.

NT-1_Alex posted...
I feel like something needs to be clarified here cause I'm missing something. I mean either way he could just have a csb mode change, its not really uncommon. Though I'm unclear if you just want them to change the main weapon or make an entirely new mode with new weapons & etc. I think having a csb weapon change wouldn't really hurt the suit, so why not i guess? But if we're talking like two different move set than I'm not really sure I can co-sign

Putting that on CSb means something else can't be (like the nuke which is currently the CSb). But ignoring that, having to CSb toggle between your close ranged option and your longer ranged option is pretty clunky. Any non charge input, you might as well just put the second weapon on instead of a toggle in the first place if that is the only thing changing.

NT-1_Alex
2 years ago#26
Goraishi posted...
ShotgunSamurai posted...

The main thing there seems to be that since the ammo count is 1, right after you fire, you get them all back instead of ending up sitting on 1 or 2 shots you need to clear out. So yeah, that change makes them better, but i don't think that is a big deal. That said, the tracking didn't seem as good. The opponents could just have been breaking it or the tracking wasn't as good in MB originally, but if the tracking is actually worse now then I would say it is a downgrade.

NT-1_Alex posted...

Putting that on CSb means something else can't be (like the nuke which is currently the CSb). But ignoring that, having to CSb toggle between your close ranged option and your longer ranged option is pretty clunky. Any non charge input, you might as well just put the second weapon on instead of a toggle in the first place if that is the only thing changing.

Oh thats right csb is already taken, i forgot about the nuke. If its just main we're talking about, i don''t really think it matters, harute does it for his main, same concept different in practice of course. if his move set changes entirely i don't think that'd be beneficial to the suit at all, it'd be waste of time

Goraishi
2 years ago#27
NT-1_Alex posted...
Oh thats right csb is already taken, i forgot about the nuke. If its just main we're talking about, i don''t really think it matters, harute does it for his main, same concept different in practice of course. if his move set changes entirely i don't think that'd be beneficial to the suit at all, it'd be waste of time

Yeah, but Harute's br / gerobi main swap is kind of clunky because of that. What if instead of swapping with CSa, neutral ab fired the gerobi like Reborns does (2ab could be the current sub)? That would be a lot more streamlined.

NT-1_Alex
2 years ago#28
Goraishi posted...
NT-1_Alex posted...

Yeah, but Harute's br / gerobi main swap is kind of clunky because of that. What if instead of swapping with CSa, neutral ab fired the gerobi like Reborns does (2ab could be the current sub)? That would be a lot more streamlined.

yea I could get with that. I never use csa anyways cause trying to juggle with main is just so much easier and does crazy damage for it is. maybe i'd have a reason to.

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#29
Goraishi posted...
So yeah, that change makes them better, but i don't think that is a big deal.
well no its really not a big deal. just bugs me is all.

that said I doubt Cagalli will even show up in GVS for awhile.
Safety Kaijou!

Goraishi
2 years ago#30
ShotgunSamurai posted...
that said I doubt Cagalli will even show up in GVS for awhile.

Considering the other options available, that does seem likely.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. Moveset changes that would surprise you in GVS?
  • Topic Archived