• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. Moveset changes that would surprise you in GVS?

User Info: RedRover104

RedRover104
2 years ago#1
with GVS alpha coming out in Nov. 26-27 I'm curious to see peoples opinion on how different the gameplay changes will be. I know we can't guess how the drive system will be, cause it may be completely different from what we've seen before in EXVS, they could cut it entirely (which I pray isn't the case), or its a similar system to MBON's drives.

but any changes to suits you'd be surprised about? for example I'd be surprised if Nu Gundam couldn't single release his funnels anymore, that it was changed to an all or nothing deal. I'd be surprised if his beam shield funnel trick blocks melee now. I'd be surprised if Wing Zero Custom plays more like his N+ version than to his EXVS version. I'd also be surprised RX782 doesn't have access to his gundam hammer at all. I'd be surprised if Zeta gundam lost his NT pink mode during ex burst and is made into a CSb feature. Similar to how Zaku III works in FB.

things like that.

Also if they F up and make Sazabi 2k/2.5k again like they did in N+ and Vanilla I'll riot.

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#2
I'd be surprised if they made Turn A more "normal"

a- beam rifle
b- sabers
csb- nuke
ab- hammer
ac- gerobi
bc- melee attack
abc- moonlight butterfly

also they better keep him at 3k. I'd riot if not. also no naked loran as default costume.
---
others that'd surprise me: Duel AS not being able to purge armor. Seeing units like Blitz playable again, seeing Infinite Justice not 3k, Legend not being 3k if Providence is 2.5k. Arios being 1k again. AGEFX being an assist bot in normal mode, EW roster not appearing, taking 3 games for Jerid to be playable, Gyunei taking 4 games to be playable, 1k cost bracket, anything kapool/jerid exvs gameplay style, clones/semi-clones, Efreet still being 1k.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#3
You guys are talking about the cost system, but that has changed every gen like the gauge system changing. Also, considering we know about WZ TV, I'd be surprised if WZC is there.

Anyway, we know so little, I'm having a hard time coming up with moveset changes that would actually surprise me. A lot of the stuff thrown out either has precedent and/or seems reasonable with what we know.

Nu Gundam not having Last Shooting since we know RX-78 has it is all I could come up with. Though there is a precedent for that too, but I guess part of it is my expectation that ultimate attacks will stick around one way or another.

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#4
Goraishi posted...
I'd be surprised if WZC is there.
why?

Goraishi posted...
I'm having a hard time coming up with moveset changes that would actually surprise me.
really? can't come up with a weird game play style for Freedom? lets say he loses his useful CSa and makes it a gerobi, doesn't have his useful spin dodge and gets a special melee instead. his melee is flashy but slow so it takes for ever to complete the combo.

GVS is going to have to change up the movesets since its a new gen. will they flabbergast us with a change? Extremely doubtful, not easy making RX782 have something new and fresh since its been in video games since forever and it rarely gets new weapons. Well I'd at least hope that they change the movesets, hate to see MBON units copied and pasted into GVS. if that happens why bother doing a whole new game and just port the damn MB >=(
Safety Kaijou!

Goraishi
2 years ago#5
ShotgunSamurai posted...
really? can't come up with a weird game play style for Freedom? lets say he loses his useful CSa and makes it a gerobi, doesn't have his useful spin dodge and gets a special melee instead. his melee is flashy but slow so it takes for ever to complete the combo.

GVS is going to have to change up the movesets since its a new gen. will they flabbergast us with a change? Extremely doubtful, not easy making RX782 have something new and fresh since its been in video games since forever and it rarely gets new weapons. Well I'd at least hope that they change the movesets, hate to see MBON units copied and pasted into GVS. if that happens why bother doing a whole new game and just port the damn MB >=(

But see, them making changes isn't surprising in itself. Making changes that have precedent in the series even less so. Freedom didn't always have that CSa. It has been a gerobi. That barrel roll hasn't always been there. Suits losing the ability to single release funnels or shields going from blocking projectiles to projectiles and melee have been done too.

It is like if I set the parameters on a random number generator to give me a number between 1 and 100, whatever number it spits out between 1 and 100 isn't going to surprise me because I am expecting a number in that range. However, if I got something outside what I think are the possible outputs like 392, I'd be surprised. Similarly, them doing something in line with what the series has done before or is laid out in their rather limited promotional material isn't surprising because that is what I'm expecting.

If we actually knew more about the game, I might have a clear range where I think things will fall. For example the Kapool gimmick when it was announced, that surprised me. Maybe I just wasn't approaching thinking of a surprise from the right angle / I was failing to think outside the box and should have been thinking of what would just be ridiculous. If they didn't include Super Dragoons in SF's move set at all or Nu Gundam has no beam rifle, I guess those would surprise me. I mean I would have said the idea that you play 2 suits and the one you aren't currently using heals was ridiculous.

ShotgunSamurai posted...
Goraishi posted...
I'd be surprised if WZC is there.
why?

Going back to the first part of this post, because that isn't in line with what they've done before or what they've talked about this time. We know they talked about roster cuts. The vs series has previously also been pretty conservative about repeats with small roster sizes. I'm not even sure if both Freedoms will end up with a spot (they weren't previously).

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#6
Goraishi posted...
We know they talked about roster cuts. The vs series has previously also been pretty conservative about repeats with small roster sizes.
I just don;t see EW getting completely cut from the roster to be honest.

Goraishi posted...
It is like if I set the parameters on a random number generator to give me a number between 1 and 100, whatever number it spits out between 1 and 100 isn't going to surprise me because I am expecting a number in that range.
thats one way to look at it. but i just look at expectation and the thought of getting something different. like Duel AS, if it doesn't have armor purge I'd be surprised. even though it has happened before.
Safety Kaijou!

Goraishi
2 years ago#7
ShotgunSamurai posted...
I just don;t see EW getting completely cut from the roster to be honest.

Well... we should know one way or another in a measly year or so!

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#8
lol hopefully not.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: ZetaC1

ZetaC1
2 years ago#9
I'd be surprised to see less than 55 playable units at launch.
throwing up rainbows is the way to go

Goraishi
2 years ago#10
ZetaC1 posted...
I'd be surprised to see less than 55 playable units at launch.

Force couldn't manage that, and they didn't even have to make them from scratch. I realize the new game is going to have more people working on it, but I think the fact they were fine with shipping Force with that number of suits says something about what roster size they consider acceptable.

I think 55 is doable, but that is like an average of 2.5 or so suits per series which is going to seem tiny even compared to just FB.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. Moveset changes that would surprise you in GVS?
  • Topic Archived