• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. EXVS gimmicks you hope not to see in GVS.

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#11
ShotgunSamurai posted...
if the V2 didn't have the multiple packs and it was just V2 and AB pack it'd be total s*** regardless of how good the AB pack is cause its a timed pack

Plenty of suits across EXVS entries have been solid with only a base form and a strong, timed cooldown. They would obviously have to buff base V2 if they were to swap its gimmick from Striker packs to that though.

ZetaC1 posted...
why would this even matter? ZZ gundam can't spam the head cannon in the anime otherwise he'd melt his head off but you can spam the crap out of that in game.

I wasn't saying they couldn't. I mean DSH's scythe shoots out beams. I don't think source material is irrelevant either though even if it is rightly trumped by gameplay.

ZetaC1 posted...
its meh. it doesn't connect that great either. Not sure what you mean with "ranged" Its more of a mid range kind of suit so having some better melee would help it.

Should have said neutral suit I guess because that is where I was going with that. I don't think neutral suits really need melee with high cut resistance. I think you're selling it way short. I've seen it beat out suits it really has no business beating out.

I'm not really sure what you mean by connecting. Like it being good at chasing?

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#12
Goraishi posted...
No, it isn't.
yeah it is

Goraishi posted...
So strip the suit of its strong close range tool and add two neutral tools
we're talking about retweaks right? It greatly depends on how they handle the missiles. will they be straight missiles like Zeta's sub? or will they have a type of stun feature? If it has a stun feature I'd serious prefer it to the shotels but if its like the Zeta's then yes keep the shotels as a button.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: ZetaC1

ZetaC1
2 years ago#13
Goraishi posted...
I don't think neutral suits really need melee with high cut resistance
didn't say it needs to be a melee beast. just better.

Goraishi posted...
I've seen it beat out suits it really has no business beating out.
I've played as Sochie Kapool beating out Arche gundams in melee fights, that doesn't mean a whole lot cause the other player can be s***

Goraishi posted...
I'm not really sure what you mean by connecting.
When I use him time to time the guy I'm punching will just fall out of my combo. and I can't combo into other hits too well either. things like that. Strike Freedom's side melee has this problem too.
throwing up rainbows is the way to go

Goraishi
2 years ago#14
ShotgunSamurai posted...
yeah it is

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22433978 (especially the second match)

No, it isn't. You clearly just have no clue what you are doing. Didn't you say you don't even play online? Or was that someone else?

Just because you in general might be better off with A/AB doesn't make it useless.

ShotgunSamurai posted...
we're talking about retweaks right? It greatly depends on how they handle the missiles. will they be straight missiles like Zeta's sub? or will they have a type of stun feature? If it has a stun feature I'd serious prefer it to the shotels but if its like the Zeta's then yes keep the shotels as a button.

Sure, but you didn't mention others so I'm commenting on what you threw out. As far as the missiles, unless we're talking about a FAUC form 2 (also now Nu Gundam) type barrel roll, which doesn't seem like it would make much sense for SR given where they fire from, I don't think that is a fair trade for on demand shotel throws.

ZetaC1 posted...
I've played as Sochie Kapool beating out Arche gundams in melee fights, that doesn't mean a whole lot cause the other player can be s***

Well, ok, that is a good point. I still think you're selling it short. The FB wiki page description also lists it as high performance for a ranged suit so I'm not the only one saying it isn't bad.

I do agree they could buff it in FB without breaking the suit, and speaking of that, did they buff its melee at some point? I know its one of the top 2500s in MBOn (only 6 higher tier than it), but I'm not sure if they touched the melee.

ZetaC1 posted...
When I use him time to time the guy I'm punching will just fall out of my combo. and I can't combo into other hits too well either. things like that. Strike Freedom's side melee has this problem too.

I didn't realize that was an issue with Z, but I do play SF a lot so I know exactly what you're talking about.

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#15
Goraishi posted...
No, it isn't. You clearly just have no clue what you are doing.
If you think that Nico video showed off V2 greatness your crazy that was a s*** gameplay. Unless you're talking about that one combo that lasted 3 seconds with the WOL all that proves is the WOL is the only thing in Normal mode that gives it some survive ability (which I never denied) in close range other than that its horrid. the entire suit revolves around the packs. So I'm hoping in GVS they give V2 normal more survivable odds than what it is in FB. at very least let it be around MBON strengths.

Goraishi posted...
unless we're talking about a FAUC form 2 (also now Nu Gundam) type barrel roll
What are you talking about? rolling shot with chest missiles I said stun feature, an example similar to Ridden Zaku grenades or Efreets leg missiles. a hit that stuns the opponent for a second or something.
Safety Kaijou!

ZetaC1
2 years ago#16
Goraishi posted...
I didn't realize that was an issue with Z, but I do play SF a lot so I know exactly what you're talking about.
its not as bad as the side melee for Strike Freedom but it does have that problem.

Goraishi posted...
did they buff its melee at some point?
Probably it has 2 games on it since FB. they've probably fixed the Strike Freedom side melee too. I know in MBON they changed his ccb to a slashing stun melee which is nice.
Goraishi posted...
The FB wiki page description also lists it as high performance for a ranged suit
well yeah it has good range abilities I never meant to say otherwise. I just want a funner melee on him.

Goraishi
2 years ago#17
ZetaC1 posted...
they've probably fixed the Strike Freedom side melee too.

Yeah, SF 6b floats them now so they don't fall out of it. I would think other combos that did that would have been fixed too, but you never know... sometimes they are totally cool with something staying broken even if the fix wouldn't be too hard.

ZetaC1 posted...
well yeah it has good range abilities I never meant to say otherwise. I just want a funner melee on him.

I wasn't clear, but that comment was specifically about the melee being high performance.

ShotgunSamurai posted...
If you think that Nico video showed off V2 greatness your crazy that was a s*** gameplay. Unless you're talking about that one combo that lasted 3 seconds with the WOL all that proves is the WOL is the only thing in Normal mode that gives it some survive ability (which I never denied) in close range other than that its horrid. the entire suit revolves around the packs. So I'm hoping in GVS they give V2 normal more survivable odds than what it is in FB. at very least let it be around MBON strengths.

Dear god you must be more horrible than I thought if that is your take away. Maybe your V2 gameplay is just s***. Exactly how many matches have you played with it against other players? Seems a lot more likely that you just have absolutely no clue. The first match he had double Xenon's sitting on him almost all game, one of which was a gold rank 4 star player. That is not easy to deal with at all. Acid and GM Custom wrecked at the first FB EVO running that against good players running good suits like Reborns. This poor guy had to fend it off with one of the weakest suits in the game with a partner that backed off after taking a bunch of early damage, and he managed to do enough damage during it to pull out a win.

The second match he was actually beating the TA, a lot of it with base form. His partner got low though and backed way off to let the V2 get double locked (you can see this very clearly from the partner death cam) so the V2 could get the full spawn, his partner screwed up and died immediately after anyway, and then the V2 'had' to basically bum rush the TA in an attempt to end it before his partner dies. Yeah, he gets wrecked at that point for being overly aggressive. You also could argue that his strategy was a bit flawed, but it isn't like his partner gave him much reason to think he would be able to survive if he went for a more careful plan.

I'm not saying he was close to pdf level or anything, but far from s***. That technique he pulled in base form against TA, you see a lot of good players do that.

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#18
Goraishi posted...
Exactly how many matches have you played with it against other players?
lots actually, How much have you? since you seem to think one video proves V2 normal in FB is actually decent makes me wonder.

Goraishi posted...
The first match he had double Xenon's sitting on him almost all game
And he got creamed a good deal whats your point?

and How does this change the fact V2 Normal mode in FB isn't s***? in the video you provided showed that in normal mode you'll get crushed so you have to swap packs. His Sub is weak, his melee is weak, his BR is normal. His life line is the pack swapping I'm not sure what you think you're proving by saying I don't have a clue when its obvious V2 normal is hell of weak.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: RedRover104

RedRover104
2 years ago#19
some gimmicks I'd like to see is everyone that has a beam saber keeping it out. I love that little detail when suits hold their beam saber, I'm always sad when I can't do that too. some suits make sense why beam saber can't stay out all the time but why no legend, brave, ridden zaku, etc.

also I hope they make EZ8 really fun to use in gvs. I hope they get his color right, cause in exvs his color was wrong, they fixed it in FB. I'm hoping they keep the pack swapping cause thats cool, but I really really really hope they don't give him that ugly back pack. (the one that's on the ground gundam in FB)

another unit is Infinite Justice. i hope they make him 3k and has that cool anime destiny finisher in his move set somewhere. I'm also curious if there will be playable meteor units in the game like in MB? cause that'd be so fun being Meteor Justice fighting the boss units.

another little request would be I really hope they keep Heine Gouf, He is a lot of fun to play as in Force.

ZetaC1
2 years ago#20
ShotgunSamurai posted...
Goraishi posted...
Exactly how many matches have you played with it against other players?
lots actually, How much have you?
lets not have a dick measuring contest alright. I'll just say that now before it gets out of hand leading up to a "no you!" argument

Goraishi posted...
The second match he was actually beating the TA, a lot of it with base form.
I saw the video too but that TA was pretty crap man, how does a TA lose to a V2 in close combat regardless of what form its in? and you said Xenon was 4 star, just saying just because he has high stars doesn't mean he's good. I know someone with a 4 star infinite justice and he has a 22% win rate.

ShotgunSamurai posted...
and How does this change the fact V2 Normal mode in FB isn't s***?
s*** is going too far but its definitely not strong, if it lost his Pack ability and only was V2 as is in FB with some Hexa assist he'd definitely be C tier thats for sure. but s***? nah

So I'll go way back to your first post. Yeah I think they need to change up V2's gameplay style in GVS. I think it'd be cool if they implemented his WOL into his melee similar to AGE2 Double Bullet does with his WOL. I think if they made V2 more flashy with different poses it'd be awesome similar to how AGE2DB does it. if they made V2 Normal more melee based and the packs more range based you have a super good jack of all trades kind of suit. Strike and Impulse have one of everything why not V2?

Speaking of multiple pack swapping, I hope they change around Age3 in GVS. cause 2 or his packs are like beam spam units and the Orbital is kinda... there. Hopefully orbital can be the "melee" suit, Fortress can be the beam spam, and normal can be a Force Impulse kind of suit.

RedRover104 posted...
some gimmicks I'd like to see is everyone that has a beam saber keeping it out.
I didn't even think of that, this is a good one I too love that little extra attention to detail.

RedRover104 posted...
I'm also curious if there will be playable meteor units in the game like in MB? cause that'd be so fun being Meteor Justice fighting the boss units.
good point, I kinda hope they show up too. when I saw that feature in MB i was hyped because i was just thinking of all the single player fun I could do destroying poor little NPCs.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. EXVS gimmicks you hope not to see in GVS.
  • Topic Archived