• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 15)

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#491
Rainforce posted...
reusing assets is pretty much the only way to profit these days
porting MB would have been easier, cheaper, and expected.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#492
but they won't give up the arcade revenue

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#493
doubt they'd lose too much revenue from the arcades. since MBON is almost a year old now.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#494
ShotgunSamurai posted...
seems weird to me to make a new gen to use old assets

Thats the thing though. They're not old assets. They actually had to go recreate them. If we were talking a literal copy paste job, I'd be willing to have faith they'd change.

Goraishi
2 years ago#495
ShotgunSamurai posted...
doubt they'd lose too much revenue from the arcades. since MBON is almost a year old now.

Unless GVS turns out to be really bad, I think they will take a hit in arcade revenue anyway. I mean if EXVS went straight to PS3, wouldn't you expect that to have had a big hit on GvG Next arcade revenue?

I think releasing base MB on consoles would actually have a smaller hit because MB On in arcades is still the newest vs series experience. MBOn may continue to get new suits, but GVS will be the new vs game. Arcade players will have had years with most of the suits, years with the new drive bursts / other mechanics. I don't see how the appeal of a brand new entry in the franchise isn't going to pull them away from the arcades unless it is just a bad game. On the flip side, base MB is old news to arcade players. They had it for 2 years, and they have had the next version for 1 year. I think there would be decent resistance towards dropping the new one and going back. I know I haven't touched vanilla EXVS in forever because it just feels bad after playing FB.

This seems less about the importance of arcade revenue and more about the importance of branching out from arcade revenue. GVS has the potential to sell way more than a 3 year old arcade game port on consoles. I don't know how it is going for them, but didn't SF do something similar?

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#496
Goraishi posted...
I'd be willing to have faith they'd change

lets hope, as much as I love muh Turn A I do want to see him play differently.

Goraishi posted...
GVS has the potential to sell way more than a 3 year old arcade game port on consoles.
lets hope so but they really should have given us MB PS3 like 2 years ago. well whatever I'm going to have faith that GVS will be a solid Vs title and a fun game.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#497
roster reset will be never be cool

User Info: cx6998

cx6998
2 years ago#498
So we know all units with assists have no assists anymore. So something like Impulse will be completely the same.

Wonder if they'll have assist EX bursts though, ones like Red Frame, Delta Plus, Ez-8 etc.
Peace cannot be achieved by force, it can only be achieved by understanding
-Albert Einstein

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
2 years ago#499
I hope that EX bursts will be completely based on the main suits capabilities honestly. To me it feels like a cop out for a suits strongest attack to be technically be coming from another suit.
Im not counting things like METEOR or GN Arms though with that as those are more attachments that augment the suits then another suit entirely imo
Ryuho, Tales of Xillia 2. All the fun of being in massive debt
Forever in my heart. 3DS FC 4124-5059-4625. Ryoko in Y, Ryuho in X

Goraishi
2 years ago#500
Well that is 500 again.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 15)
  • Topic Archived