• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 15)

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#11
Goraishi posted...
But there were so many units to add before when they did them.
it was a lazy DLC patch for the console version of FB, as we know console is second thought to arcade. it didn't affect MB or anything past that.

Goraishi posted...
I'd rather they just sell pilot dlc that works like how the pilot outfits work (only obviously with voiced lines) with a MS skin where applicable
well I don't think that could work for all units, Zeta gundam for example Roux can't have all the NT Magic Kamille has. then there is the armors, Elle can't have super armor while Emma can. yeah they could say "screw canon" and do it any ways.

Goraishi posted...
the ones that were very clone'y were also very clearly inferior to the original.
this I 100% agree with. if they're going to do anyhting like clones, don't make them s*** tier.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: NT-1_Alex

NT-1_Alex
2 years ago#12
ZetaC1 posted...
Goraishi posted...
One of the devs likes them apparently. But yeah, suit popularity, pilot popularity came up.
hmmm I still don't follow whats "popular". I'd think then characters like Athrun, Tieria, etc would have more units playable. Also I'd assume more MSV Gundams would show up since they're popular as well. and yet...

well whatever hopefully GVS does things slightly different

just follow dynasty warriors rules. (jk of course)

Furryyiffer posted...
Well it's no big surprise that the next game is going to have cuts but it's still left me with a sinking feeling that it's going to lose out on all the units I had been waiting years to play leaving us back to around what we had in vanilal Extreme Vs.

hit the pin right on the head. i feel the same

On the topic of dlc skins for suits. If they made battle damaged skins for suits, i'd eat that s*** up

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
2 years ago#13
Im hoping one of the Gold Frame Amatsu's end up being in. I love both of them(Mina being the only clone unit I bought) and would love to see at least one of them come back.
Ryuho, Tales of Xillia 2. All the fun of being in massive debt
Forever in my heart. 3DS FC 4124-5059-4625. Ryoko in Y, Ryuho in X

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#14
NT-1_Alex posted...
If they made battle damaged skins for suits, i'd eat that s*** up
how would that work? you mean something like scuffed paint or Broken Exia or Broken Hyaku Shiki cost over style?

Furryyiffer posted...
Im hoping one of the Gold Frame Amatsu's end up being in
I'd say one Gold Frame has a strong chance at becoming playable if astray series stays in. I'm more curios on what red frame they'll pick. normal, kai, red dragon or something else?
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#15
ShotgunSamurai posted...
well I don't think that could work for all units, Zeta gundam for example Roux can't have all the NT Magic Kamille has. then there is the armors, Elle can't have super armor while Emma can. yeah they could say "screw canon" and do it any ways.

While you do have a good point, I was more thinking along the lines of that last part. I don't really think the clone thing worked out (for reasons stated already), but I do get the appeal of having the other characters. I bet they would do fairly well too. Plenty of people buy pilot outfits, and I don't think many more people purchased clones. Also, I would never buy a pilot outfit, but I would buy a different pilot.

User Info: Rainforce

Rainforce
2 years ago#16
It's time for G-Unit to finally get in

User Info: Garmraid

Garmraid
2 years ago#17
I hope we get red frame kai, it's the only one I haven't been able to play since it is arcade only.
"This hand of mine shines and roars!"

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#18
Goraishi posted...
While you do have a good point, I was more thinking along the lines of that last part. I don't really think the clone thing worked out (for reasons stated already), but I do get the appeal of having the other characters. I bet they would do fairly well too. Plenty of people buy pilot outfits, and I don't think many more people purchased clones. Also, I would never buy a pilot outfit, but I would buy a different pilot.

It really depends on how they could handle a "clone" for example they made 3 qubeley's play pretty different when their load outs were pretty similar. I could see them doing something Qubeley like in GVS, bragging about 70 playable units at launch while a dozen of them are redo's like qubeley.

I wouldn't complain too much if there is actual difference between two Zeta's for example. yeah getting 3 zetas, 3 qubeleys, 3 mk ii gundams, etc isn't how I'd want to start GVS off but who knows how they'll want to handle the units. I mean I mained Quatre Zero at the start of FB and he was a meh clone. I also bought several Semi-clones which were pretty cool units. And I'd see the clones every now and then online battle (even see MBON gameplays of them from time to time on youtube) So I doubt think the clone idea was a complete bust. So the idea making a return wouldn't surprise me, However they better not be s*** tier like they are now in exvs.

as for alternate costumes, I'd think those are popular even if there isn't a whole lot of them in exvs. since gvs will be a console game I could see them going full on ham mode with those and give every character 2 alternate outfits for $3s a pop.
Safety Kaijou!

User Info: gamestop27

gamestop27
2 years ago#19
Does the producer of this series have a twitter account or something? I wanna ask him if they ever plan on porting MBON or not before I curse him out.
PSN- Sratos0027 (Dipset Anthem>>>>National Anthem)
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Pawn: Hilda- Level 200 Sorcerer

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#20
They're clearly not going to port it at this point. I'm sure plenty of JP fans have b****ed at them already.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 15)
  • Topic Archived