• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 15)

User Info: Goraishi

Goraishi
2 years ago#1
Last new info posted:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/376/1376647/

Still nothing about the unlock after the Jagd Doga.

User Info: ZetaC1

ZetaC1
2 years ago#2
Goraishi posted...
One of the devs likes them apparently. But yeah, suit popularity, pilot popularity came up.
hmmm I still don't follow whats "popular". I'd think then characters like Athrun, Tieria, etc would have more units playable. Also I'd assume more MSV Gundams would show up since they're popular as well. and yet...

well whatever hopefully GVS does things slightly different
throwing up rainbows is the way to go

Goraishi
2 years ago#3
ZetaC1 posted...
hmmm I still don't follow whats "popular". I'd think then characters like Athrun, Tieria, etc would have more units playable. Also I'd assume more MSV Gundams would show up since they're popular as well. and yet...

Could be for a reason other than popularity. They mentioned some other factors and also said there are some they can't talk about. As far as popularity goes, I know Athrun is popular, but is Tieria? I'm not really sure about the popularity of their missing suits either.

They did mention variety. Maybe they think theres plenty of 00 gundams. They haven't really added any more for quite a while, but they did finish up the trailblazer gundams. I could also see why Tieria's suits would fall into a category with more interesting choices, and granted that could apply to plenty of suits they put in but that doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#4
I'm more curious on how they'll handle unlocks in GVS. Since they've confirmed reboot in roster to some degree I'm curious on what would be popular and what would be a "better" option.

Goraishi posted...
I know Athrun is popular, but is Tieria?
yeah Tieria is popular.
Safety Kaijou!

ZetaC1
2 years ago#5
Goraishi posted...
They mentioned some other factors and also said there are some they can't talk about.
I did read that, probably something to do with contracts and stuff. I know English VAs have problems getting old roles back because of union contracts. maybe this happens more than I thought in Japan too

They did mention variety.
I'm jaded but I doubt they care much about that. My "PR BS" detector went off when I read that part. if they wanted variety they'd make more unique stuff playable instead of making more of the same.

it really doesn't matter what they do with unlocks in the Arcade EXVS games now since they have zero interest in making them console and I have zero way to even play them in arcades either.

ShotgunSamurai posted...
I'm curious on what would be popular and what would be a "better" option.
well from what I gathered from reading the interview it felt like they made what they thought was popular not what is "truly" popular. For example I see a lot of comments asking for Dearka to become playable since FB. still nothing. but there could be more to it, i know Bamco has to have a say in whats playable. Pretty sure sunrise knocked on their door and said "put in FA Gundam as soon as possible" when they may not have even thought about using it yet.

I just hope in GVS they don't neglected entire gundam series for games on end like in EXVS.

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
2 years ago#6
Well it's no big surprise that the next game is going to have cuts but it's still left me with a sinking feeling that it's going to lose out on all the units I had been waiting years to play leaving us back to around what we had in vanilal Extreme Vs.
Ryuho, Tales of Xillia 2. All the fun of being in massive debt
Forever in my heart. 3DS FC 4124-5059-4625. Ryoko in Y, Ryuho in X

Goraishi
2 years ago#7
ZetaC1 posted...
I did read that, probably something to do with contracts and stuff. I know English VAs have problems getting old roles back because of union contracts. maybe this happens more than I thought in Japan too

Could be more issues like they had with EX-S as well, though that would only apply to non-anime stuff. Or maybe just decisions forced on them from above.

ZetaC1 posted...
I'm jaded but I doubt they care much about that. My "PR BS" detector went off when I read that part. if they wanted variety they'd make more unique stuff playable instead of making more of the same.

I think they more meant how they're played. For example not putting in a bunch of funnel based suits in a row or making sure the last several 2500s aren't all melee focused. They clearly do over use some stuff... like all those similar design Setsuna suits, but I can't think of an unlock off hand that played like another recent unlock.

ZetaC1 posted...
well from what I gathered from reading the interview it felt like they made what they thought was popular not what is "truly" popular. For example I see a lot of comments asking for Dearka to become playable since FB. still nothing. but there could be more to it, i know Bamco has to have a say in whats playable. Pretty sure sunrise knocked on their door and said "put in FA Gundam as soon as possible" when they may not have even thought about using it yet.

I just hope in GVS they don't neglected entire gundam series for games on end like in EXVS.

Just because it is repeated in online comments doesn't mean it is actually that popular. It could just be a small, dedicated group. I don't really see why they would be needing to guess because they should be able to get access to things like sales numbers. There also might be those that they know are popular and want to add, but can't for whatever reason such as getting the VA.

They did mention tie ins being a factor, and yeah, that is clearly what happened to FA Gundam.

I think its pretty much guaranteed that series will get largely ignored. I just hope they will spread things out more until the roster is at least current FB size. 3 strikes, 3 qubeleys, 2 of every setsuna suit, etc before anime MCs or interesting, new manga designs is annoying. I mean I know they aren't clones, play differently, and some have different pilots. I just don't really care.

Furryyiffer posted...
Well it's no big surprise that the next game is going to have cuts but it's still left me with a sinking feeling that it's going to lose out on all the units I had been waiting years to play leaving us back to around what we had in vanilal Extreme Vs.

I think so too. They could have at least teased something interesting. RX-78 has been in the series from the start, Exia has been in since GvG, Unicorn since Next. Barbatos is the only suit not predating the EXVS generation and hasn't in a year yet, but its also the main suit from the most recent series in addition to being in MBOn and Force. I'm not even necessarily looking for a new suit just something that isn't a clear staple. Even teasing X1 or one of the Astrays would have been good.

ZetaC1
2 years ago#8
Goraishi posted...
Just because it is repeated in online comments doesn't mean it is actually that popular.
that was just an example. I'd think other units would be more popular but they add random stuff. MBON has been doing an alright job at unlocks but its coming out at a snails pace. more than half of the unlocks are no brainers, MC final suit, main rival, etc.

Goraishi posted...
I think its pretty much guaranteed that series will get largely ignored.
there is a difference between ignored and no viable units to use. 0080 could have added the Kampfer at any time in exvs life but nothing, F91 could have added Cecily at any time in exvs life, nope. Some series don't need 3+ unlocks but they can get something. But these are movie/short ova so it makes sense why so little, however Victory only having 4 units since FB and no additions since then? (no I won't count hexa) thats kinda crap, especially when they add 3 or 4 unlocks in one series. Wing TV got a lot in MB (3 unlocks 3 clones) G Gundam in MB (3 unlocks) when Crossbone, Victory, and 00 tv (yes movie and msv00 got unlocks, but most of those were setsuna) didn't get jack. don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have g or wing unlocks to another setsuna/lowe but every series should get a shot.

they need to spread the unlocks better and more evenly in GVS imo EXVS has lots of unlocks but could have been managed better. (they did have 4 games to get to where they are in unlocks and I don't know the behind the door politics either in what/who was chosen as an unlock.)

Goraishi posted...
I just hope they will spread things out more until the roster is at least current FB size
agreed, they really don't need 3 strikes and 3 qubeley's. Also hope they don't favor one series too much either. As much as I'd love some grunt action from Unicorn with a playable Jegan, Jesta, Silver Bullet, ReZEL etc. thats waaay too much for one series.

how they should start unlocks is getting all the popular main stuff out of the way first. step one, All MCs and all Main Villains. Then major Side rivals and major side characters. Finally the obscure/minor character stuff.

User Info: ShotgunSamurai

ShotgunSamurai
2 years ago#9
I wonder if GVS will get its own "OC Doughnut steel" Gundams like EXA? or will it keep EXA roster with Leos Stheisa from MBON? cause I'd love to get AXE playable if so.

Goraishi posted...
I mean I know they aren't clones
In all honesty I don't mind Clones/Semi-clones, its just when they take the spot from another unit that is a pisser. If GVS releases clones they could release them like MB did. released between new unlocks. But I seriously doubt they'd make any clones/semi-clones in the first game, after all whats to clone? there is so many units to add that they won't need to do that move.

Furryyiffer posted...
but it's still left me with a sinking feeling that it's going to lose out on all the units I had been waiting years to play leaving us back to around what we had in vanilal Extreme Vs.
;__; yeah I know the pain, I've been wanting a X Astray playable since vanilla and now I may never get to play as him. Main stuff like AGE FX and G-Self will be added to GVS no doubt but some of the side guys may not.

but I wonder how long I'll have to wait to play as Akatsuki again? a-at least i have N+ and Zaft vs Rengou

Goraishi posted...
'm not even necessarily looking for a new suit just something that isn't a clear staple. Even teasing X1 or one of the Astrays would have been good.
agreed, hopefully the Alpha play test is sooner than later and we'll get more confirmation on whats in. I'd be okay if there is only 7 or 8 units playable but they show all the series off as a place holder spot. (similar with how they did the beta testing in MBON, like 50-60 units were playable at events but you could still see the other units just blacked out)

ZetaC1 posted...
how they should start unlocks is getting all the popular main stuff out of the way first.
probably the easiest way to do things. But if I have to buy The O again and wait for the Reborns to be unlocked in the "next game" I'll be pissed
Safety Kaijou!

Goraishi
2 years ago#10
ShotgunSamurai posted...
In all honesty I don't mind Clones/Semi-clones, its just when they take the spot from another unit that is a pisser. If GVS releases clones they could release them like MB did. released between new unlocks. But I seriously doubt they'd make any clones/semi-clones in the first game, after all whats to clone? there is so many units to add that they won't need to do that move.

But there were so many units to add before when they did them. I mean remember how they added Quatre Zero before SR (mostly sarcasm, I doubt you'll ever forget that)?

I'd rather they just sell pilot dlc that works like how the pilot outfits work (only obviously with voiced lines) with a MS skin where applicable. My main issue with the clones is that not only were most of them very clone'y, but the ones that were very clone'y were also very clearly inferior to the original. We didn't lose new suits for the clones so I'd actually have less of an issue with clones in the roster than the Setsuna zerg if it weren't for the fact that the vast majority are under powered trash that they clearly don't give two s***s about seeing as how most of them have been left to rot in MBOn. I'd agree that balancing the non clones is far more important, and there is a lot of work to that with a roster this large. However, that makes dumping a bunch of garbage suits into a roster already too large to balance in a timely fashion even more stupid.
  1. Boards
  2. Kidou Senshi Gundam: Extreme VS Full Boost
  3. And the next unlock is... (thread 15)
  • Topic Archived