• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur: Lost Swords
  3. Official site begins rewriting the tale of souls and swords

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
7 years ago#1
http://soulcalibur.com/en_US.html#/characters/soulcalibur5/all

Yes, the profiles of every character, from Soul Blade to SC5, have been almost completely revised. There are a few new details, some inconsistencies, and even a few retcons.

Discuss.
USF4: M. Bison, Rolento | TTT2/TR: Feng/Dragunov | BBCP: Terumi, Azrael
GameFAQs #1 Noel Vermillion Hater At Your Service

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
7 years ago#2
Here are the changes for those who don't want to look at the profiles.

-Patroklos' initial personality is fleshed out, saying that he talks big but it's a facade to mask his inexperience and immaturity. Alpha Patroklos' profile has been removed completely.
-Z.W.E.I.'s past is finally revealed. He was separated from his mother as a child and was treated like s*** throughout his life before being found by Siegfried. E.I.N.'s true nature is also revealed: its actual name is Minion and it is a secondary soul that exists within Z.W.E.I.
-Leixia is apparently a fan of Suikoden and Journey to the West. The part about her inheriting the Dvapara-Yuga and Xianghua freaking out over it is omitted.
-Natsu's story is completely removed. All her profile says now is that Taki is her master and that she has Arahabaki inside of her.
-Ezio's story is removed.
-Raphael's story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded.
-Viola's story is completely removed.
-Pyrrha's story is the same, just reworded slightly. Her profile mentions that Sophitia is "missing" instead of "dead", while Patroklos' profile says she is dead. Pyrrha Omega's profile has been removed completely.
-Siegfried's story has been reverted back to SC4, but revised. However, this new story states that he killed his father while possessed by Soul Edge, which contradicts the already established canon (that he accidentally killed his father and he sought Soul Edge out of denial, in the hopes that it would help him avenge his father).
-Hilde's story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded.
-Xiba's full name is given as Chai Xiba, and it reveals that he is Xianghua and Kilik's illegitimate child.
-Ivy's story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded.
-Cervantes' story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded.
-Aeon's story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded. It even says he still uses an axe and shield and even calls him Lizardman.
-Tira's story has been reworded, but overall it is the same.
-Nightmare's story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded.
-Mitsurugi's story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded.
-Maxi's story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded with some more details on his past.
-Yoshimitsu is back to being Yoshimitsu I, instead of Yoshimitsu II from SC5. His story has been reverted to SC4.
-Voldo's story has been reverted back to SC4, but reworded.
-Astaroth is back to being the original Astaroth, instead of the mass-produced one from SC5. His story has been reverted to SC4.
-Elysium's profile has been removed completely.
-Edge Master's profile has been reworded, and his SC5 art has been removed.
-Algol's story has been reworded. His SC5 art has been removed.
-Kilik's story has been reverted to SC4, but reworded.
-Dampierre's story went back to being about Hilde, like in Broken Destiny. His Hidden Daggers are also given the names of Miraggio and Nebula.
-All other characters who are not in SC5 retain their stories as of SC4, with revisions.
USF4: M. Bison, Rolento | TTT2/TR: Feng/Dragunov | BBCP: Terumi, Azrael
GameFAQs #1 Noel Vermillion Hater At Your Service

User Info: mogrock

mogrock
7 years ago#3
****ing ACE! LOL massive backpedal ftw!

The only change in SC5 that needs to stay is Aeon as a dragonman, gameplay-wise. That ZWEI tidbit fleshed him out decently.

I'll read through the info and comeback with a more detailed reaction.
http://youtu.be/82aYFrsMGsQ?hd=1
http://youtu.be/5Ns-kXeQCMk

User Info: Miraboreasu

Miraboreasu
7 years ago#4
So, the bulk of SCV has been sent to retcon territory? Good. I was hoping that would happen.

I do feel kind of bad for Odashima, it was a nice attempt, but ultimately it was his changes (various) I disliked. Harada should have warned him about screwing with things like the roster.

User Info: Skeletor_619

Skeletor_619
7 years ago#5
What do these rewritings mean, and why are they doing this? Am I to assume that these changes are being made because of the outcry of SCV?

User Info: L_M_4

L_M_4
7 years ago#6
Seong Mi-na has been (accidentally?) removed from the SCIV section. Still has a profile in Soul Blade-SCIII and BD.
Psn: BloodFalcon

User Info: capturinggod200

capturinggod200
7 years ago#7
Dang I really liked Pyrrha omega over regular Pyrrha not that I hate base Pyrrha I just enjoyed Pyrrha omega's snapped personality more I hope she separates like Nightmare did from Siegfried.

User Info: RoboP

RoboP
7 years ago#8
Interesting and yet I see NO mention of what happened in regards to Talim and Zasalmel still.

User Info: NightmareGamma

NightmareGamma
7 years ago#9
come of the entrys got really interesting, however, I can't see why they removed some characters, like Seung-Mina from SCIV, or Edge.Master from SCV etc. o.o

User Info: DrakoVongola1

DrakoVongola1
7 years ago#10
So basically they retconned all of SCV? Good, the story in that game was terrible >_>

Yay for bringing Sophitia back from the dead, I never played as her or Cassandra much but I liked them a lot better than Patrokolos and Pyrrha >_>
Official leader of the Illuminati.
  1. Boards
  2. SoulCalibur: Lost Swords
  3. Official site begins rewriting the tale of souls and swords
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A