• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
  3. Mike Z destroys Xrd

User Info: TravisHarden

TravisHarden
6 years ago#1
http://mikezsez.blogspot.com/2015/01/why-im-not-playing-ggxrd.html

User Info: majorgalaxy

majorgalaxy
6 years ago#2
Yeah I already heard that he hates GGXrd because it's "option select heavy" like SF4.

I still dont care for what MikeZ likes or doesnt like
"I don't eat, because Imma vegetarian."-Roberto, the scrub
GT/PSN: MayorofEarth2

User Info: meowreka

meowreka
6 years ago#3
Mike Z literally does not matter to anyone who has a working brain.

User Info: KingzJuster

KingzJuster
6 years ago#4
He needs to spend less time bagging on GG and more time building up Skullgirls. I still wanna belieeeeevvvveeee in that game!!
Always bet on me.
PSN: KingzJuster

User Info: Dragonblade01

Dragonblade01
6 years ago#5
He makes some good points though...

User Info: Darkside_Hazuki

Darkside_Hazuki
6 years ago#6
Xrd, a crappy game, is being judged by someone who was behind the development of an even CRAPPIER game. I believe in credibility before critique, so please disregard.

Although some of the things he said are true, the many things that were absolutely stupid make him look bad overall, just like his game which amounted to nothing more than a huge surge in Rule34 and Deviantart submissions.

meowreka posted...
Mike Z literally does not matter to anyone who has a working brain.

Why do people use "literally" even when they're exaggerating? I think this was an appropriate sidepoint seeing as how brains were mentioned.
"This is what makes a legend!" - Terry, KoF '99
RE Outbreak/PSN: Stick_Breitling; Metal Gear Online: Gabe LOGAN

User Info: majorgalaxy

majorgalaxy
6 years ago#7
Dragonblade01 posted...
He makes some good points though...

Actually read the post and yeah he made good points.

And he didnt even necessarily "destroy" the game since be gave positives also.

Some things I agree on:
Removeal of negative edge is f***ing stupid.
Mashing to tech out.
Danger time sucks
Throw tech removeal is stupid
Unblockable set ups are stupid

Things im meh or dont have an opinion on.
Motion changes
YRC and option selects
Jump installs
#Reloaded being the basework instead of AC

Things I disagree with:
FRC because im one of the five people that enjoyed it.

Overall I say that giving this blog post a chance and I enjoyed seeing how a pro player/ game developer viewed what Xrd did right and what Xrd did wrong.
"I don't eat, because Imma vegetarian."-Roberto, the scrub
GT/PSN: MayorofEarth2

User Info: antman811

antman811
6 years ago#8
There's a huge conflict of interest here that's immediately apparent since his very first comments on Xrd.

Mike Z is a game developer now not just a tournament player. And more so a fighting game developer.

Why would he praise Xrd or Dengenki Bunko over Skullgirls? They're in direct competition with one another, demographics be damned.

His comments could be accurate, but it wouldn't be a surprise if he exaggerates the game's faults.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
6 years ago#9
KingzJuster posted...
He needs to spend less time bagging on GG and more time building up Skullgirls. I still wanna belieeeeevvvveeee in that game!!

This.

I still can't muster up the energy to play Skullgirls seriously. Not when the character roster is that small and the overall feel of the game seems to put me to sleep.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien | KOFXV: Iori/Yashiro/Heidern
Mankind knew that they cannot change society, so instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the game.

User Info: TravisHarden

TravisHarden
6 years ago#10
That logic was not thought through. He wouldnt have wasted much time comparing other GGs to Xrd in detail than.
  1. Boards
  2. Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-
  3. Mike Z destroys Xrd
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A