• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: thepromisedland

thepromisedland
2 years ago#1
I thought I'd make a post explaining what I've worked out about the scoring mechanics so far and how skills affect them. Hopefully other people can fill the gaps in skills.

Basic appeal:
Points are proportional to your Appeal stat and inversely proportional to the number of notes in the chosen song. I believe the formula takes into account the number of directional appeals and number of appeals. Decreases massively if you don't match the Live's type.

Extreme burst:
Default points are just your Burst stat *2
Duo Burst - multiplies points dependent on level. I (x2), II (x?), III (x?), IV (x2.75). Requires charge level 1.
Trio Burst - multiplies points dependent on level. I (x3), II(x?), III (x3.75). Requires charge level 2.
Quintet Burst - multiplies points dependent on level. I (x5). Requires charge level 3.

During an extreme burst all appeals have their points doubled.
After an extreme burst all appeals have their points doubled until you break your chain or get a normal.

Omoide Appeal :
Default points are just your Omoide stat or Omoide x3 if you've matched the Live's image *1
Drive Duo - default points x1.5 for the Duo Omoide appeal
Drive Trio - default points x2.0 for the Trio Omoide appeal requires Drive Duo.
Omoide Appeal +x - adds extra Omoide appeals exists in +1, +2, and +3 variants

Drives go 1 -> 2, or 1 -> 2 -> 3 then repeat
With five or more omoide the last omoide appeal appears after the extreme burst.

Chain :
Bonus points of 25 * (song rank +1) are awarded for every ten consecutive appeals.
Chain Bonus x - x additional points are added when you receive chain points. Exists in at least +50 and +100 variants.
Chain Complete x - x additional points are awarded if you finish a song whilst maintaining your chain from the beginning. Exists in +2000 and +4000 variants.

Chains are broken upon getting a bad or missing an appeal. The chain is maintained even if you hit the wrong button for a basic appeal as long as the timing is right.

Charge level :
Charge Level x. Burst skills require charge. Charge increases by one on successful Omoide Appeal. Each level requires all the lower levels to be equipped.

*1 Only DL Lives and Lives post A-rank appear to have an image.

User Info: thepromisedland

thepromisedland
2 years ago#2
I recommend using Chain Bonus 100 over Drive Trio where possible. The latter provides such inconsistent benefits. Here's a reference for how many points Trio nets you over just Duo.

Omoide Appeals | Trio points (default omoide points * x)
1 | x0
2 | x0
3 | x1
4 | x0.5
5 | x2
6 | x2
7 | x1.5
8 | x1.5

To match the points of just a 100 chain you'd need an Omoide stat over 500 with 5 or 6 Omoide appeals.
On pro or master it's not impossible to get chains of 200 or 300 which you just aren't going to match point wise with Drive Trio except in All Star Lives Or Medleys.
Using Trio is beneficial for helping you grind out the Omoide stat using lives if you don't need the additional score though.

User Info: ken1000

ken1000
2 years ago#3
thepromisedland posted...
To match the points of just a 100 chain you'd need an Omoide stat over 500 with 5 or 6 Omoide appeals.

It's likely to have Omoide over 500 before getting an item with Chain Bonus 100, but probably not before 5 appeals.

User Info: Naryoril

Naryoril
2 years ago#4
ken1000 posted...
thepromisedland posted...

It's likely to have Omoide over 500 before getting an item with Chain Bonus 100, but probably not before 5 appeals.

I think thepromisedland meant it differently:
With a chain bonus of 100 you only need a 100 combo to beat triple memory appeal with 5 or 6 memories.
As for the numbers: a 100 combo (or rather, 10 times a 10 combo) with a chain bonus 100 nets you 1000 points. If you get 2 x omoide more points with triple memory over duo memory, that means you need 500 omoide for those 1000 points. But even on pro difficulty you can easily get a 200 combo, which means 2000 points, so you need 1000 omoide AND 5 or 6 memory appeals.

By the way: the last C rank live gives a leg accessory with chain bonus 100 as ex clear reward, i got it before i even got a triple memory appeal item.
  • Topic Archived