• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin!
  3. First time playing and got some questions

User Info: SickMinder

SickMinder
1 year ago#1
So in less than a month I'm finally going to play this game~<3 ...and I have some questions!

I've gotten platinum for all the western releases of Yakuza-games and I plan to plat this as well. I'll be following the KHsubs video-guide, however I plan on playing this game like I've never played a Yakuza-game before; By only playing the main story and then do everything else in a Premium game.

Will I miss anything at all by just focusing on the main story? It is tempting to do the main story along with the substories, I haven't really looked at the guide yet so if sub-stories are in the videos I'll do them.

How long does it approximately take to beat following a videoguide and only focusing on the main story, or main story and sub stories?

Should I spend my time with 'Another Life' or wait until Premium? Is it very time consuming?

Does completion reset on Premium game or New game+?

How important is it to upgrade your sword/armor/weapons in this game?

What is the easiest way to earn money? How important is money and what parts of the game will empty my wallet?

What should I spend my skill points on? Or perhaps the guide will tell me?

If you have any tips for me please share them, even the tiniest one =)
PSN - SickMinder

SickMinder
1 year ago#2
I e-mailed KHSubs and got this sweet response:

""Hi.

- You won't miss anything important by just doing the main story.
- Doing just the main story will probably take around 8-10 hours, depending on how quick you get through the fights
- Another Life is a great way of making money, so it depends on whether or not you want more money. Completing Another Life can be quite time consuming.
- If I remember correctly, some things are reset and other things are kept when doing premium new game. I think things like substories are reset, but then things like the "Virya List" continue into a premium new game. Not 100% sure on this, because it's been a while
- It's very useful to upgrade weapons, but I don't think it's essential for this game
- Easiest way to make money at first is Another Life. Later, the best way to make money is the Battle Dungeon. Specifically, the final battle dungeon mission will get you loads of money every time you complete it and it's only one room so it's really quick.
- It's up to you how to spend your skill points. If you have a favourite fighting style, then invest in that. The guide doesn't make any recommendations for skill point usage.

Tips:
- It's entirely up to you, but if you want to make the game a lot easier then I'd invest primarily in the Pistol fighting style. When you upgrade a powerful Pistol with the "two" and "blink" enhancements it will destroy everything. Though getting to that point may take a while, because you need to collect a load of weapons first. So if you just want to do the main story, then you can worry about the Pistol upgrades in premium new game.
- It's well worth working through the "Virya List" as you go through the game, even when doing just the main story. You can exchange Dharma you earn for really useful upgrades so it's essential to build it up.
- This isn't really a tip, but be warned that Ishin is a very grindy game. To get 100% you'll be doing a lot of grinding of the battle dungeon and other things to get everything you need. Can get quite tedious at times.

Hope this helps!""

This might help anyone looking to play this in the future =)
PSN - SickMinder

User Info: OGOtaku

OGOtaku
1 year ago#3
There was also a PS Vita version of the game that let you grind materials and such and then import them into your PS3 or PS4 game. I think it was available through the JP PlayStation store.

SickMinder
11 months ago#4
I am going crazy right now. How the hell am I supposed to know which heat-moves I've used? What weapons I've done? The KHHSubs-guide really lacks in those two sections of the Completion-tab.
PSN - SickMinder

SickMinder
10 months ago#5
Got my platinum and have one major recommendation:
Get the Golden Gun asap and add blink and two. You get both these symbols as you upgrade guns, just look at the guide on how and which you should upgrade.

Also, take a look at the psnprofiles-guide.
PSN - SickMinder
  1. Boards
  2. Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin!
  3. First time playing and got some questions
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A