• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
  3. Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls Playthrough (Progressive spoilers!)

User Info: FFTHEWINNER

FFTHEWINNER
1 year ago#1
So i finished Danganronpa 2 a bit ago and enjoyed it (even did a playthrough topic here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/763296-danganronpa-2-goodbye-despair/76865836 ) and have started Danganronpa:UDG. originally i didnt intend to make a playthrough topic for this game as it isnt in the same genre as the first two games,but it turned out to be an interesting game, and discussing the previous game was fun,so here we go :). I have college atm so there will be days where i am unable to update,but i will update as frequently as i can. would like to hear your thoughts guys,but please dont spoiler anything beyond the point i reached in my last post,and of course i will be right in some stuff and wrong in some so take it easy on me ;)

Reached until they meet Shirokuma in chapter 2

thoughts until now:

-the 3D graphics SUCK. they are so bad. same for the 3D cutscenes. the sprites and the rare 2D cutscenes are the only ones that look good. the 3D graphics are so bad it actively detracts from the experience :/

-so food was presented to her through a mail hole. what about drinks though? the same way most likely,but i found it intriguing that she didnt mention them. also,she looks pretty fit for someone who hasnt gone outside in years lol.

-why do the future foundation guys not have guns or any weapons? >_>

-aaand we already have our first plothole lol. how did she survive that helicopter crash? pretty sure from that height such a crash is fatal,but she just popped out XD

-Lil ultimate? they claim to be from hope's peak elementary school,but i am fairly certain no such thing exists otherwise it would have been famous. so they are lying,but they seem pretty convinced of that lie. brainwashing?

-the group is definitely creepy,other than that priest guy who is just plain annoying with all his blabbering, Monica plays them all like a fiddle though.

-when the game mentioned "that being that will measure your actions",i have a feeling it meant the protagonist's brother.

-bridge taking 3 minutes to explode from the bombs. yeah right >_>

-damn. there goes Aoi's brother. poor guy :(.

-weird that they didnt realize that he died because of his wristband until chapter 2 though. i thought the reason was pretty obvious from the explosion.

-seems like all the targets are related to people from the first game. this cant be a coincidence. Junko is obviously involved somehow.

-if the Monokumas murdered "Mr.Leader" then that execution scene was astonishingly bad. it literally conveyed almost nothing.

-intriguing that the other kids werent informed of how he really died though.

-since this takes place before DR2, does Monaka go to meet Junko's AI? the seems like the most likely reason for her disappearances.

-Nagito was listening in. he seems quite in control of the situation. how did he become "servant"in the first place i wonder. also,smart of him to hide Junko's implanted arm.

-given what we currently know, the helpful kids are most likely either Future Foundation members under disguise, or Nagito controls them.

-it is obvious that Fukawa knows a lot more than she is sharing.

-I am fairly certain that Shirokuma is actually either Junko's AI or Monaka controlled. it is far more likely that it is Junko's AI though,and that white eye patch is hiding the same eye logo as the other monokumas.
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png

User Info: o5v3

o5v3
1 year ago#2
I have just read the DR2 thread and it's interesting seeing your theories about the game and its twists, so your theories about UDG are really interesting.

I'm not a fan of the 3d graphics either, but I feel like they add to the aesthetic of the game, so I started to like them over time.

FFTHEWINNER
1 year ago#3
@o5v3 thanks! any particular thoughts/theories in my DR2 thread (or this thread) that you find intriguing/surprising/ discussion worthy? and any note worthy differences between your DR2/DR:UDG experiences and thoughts and mine?
also,how did you find DR2 compared to DR1?

and i dont see how 3d models that could have been done on the PS1 add to the aesthetic tbh. far better models would have helped the immersion,instead of hindered it. it is similar to what Corpse Party:Blood Drive did, but at least that game had a somewhat isomeric perspective,which reduced the impact of the bad graphics a bit :/.
(edited 1 year ago)
(message deleted)

FFTHEWINNER
1 year ago#5
reached until they are on their way to the towa tower.

-so shirokuma has the same "disappointment head mushrooms" that junko has. just further proof that they are one and the same.

-keeping the adults and making them watch those horrors makes perfect sense. the goal is despair after all.and the ultimate despair will be when they discover the "Shirokuma Truth".

-so Shiroko (Shiro Junko) admits that he is hiding the red eye. intriguing...

- i wonder if that random letter talking about the beloved daughter controlling the monokumas and murdering the mother was talking about one of the warriors of hope,or if it was a random kid.
also,that was really dark. like damn >_>.

-I think it is fair to say that we just met hagakure's former wife lol XD.
i wonder if she will keep her word and actually bring those "Hit List" guys back safe. hope so.

-one thing that hasnt been touched on: how do all these hiding people get food and drink? i hope this will be explained later,otherwise it would be a plothole.

-i have a feeling from Toko's reactions that the future foundation wont help. not sure why though.

@scaler24 nice! what are your thoughts on the game overall so far? :)
well,this is a japanese game so it makes sense. japanese are far more serious about morals than westerners.
besides,it isnt like all are against it. all the adults in the hiding place were with it. it is just the protagonists who are against it,and that makes sense considering who they are.
(message deleted)

FFTHEWINNER
1 year ago#7
scaler24 posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
nice! what are your thoughts on the game overall so far? :)

I've been enjoying the game a lot so far. I expected the overall vibe to die with a different genre, but they somehow managed to keep it similar to the other two games. Don't think the graphics are particularly bad, especially considering it came out for Vita. I dare say that it looks even better than Virtue's Last Reward, which was made by the same company around that time.

As far as plot goes, I haven't done much thinking since it apparently doesn't have a big impact on the Danganronpa 3 anime, so I've just been enjoying the ride. Liking most of the characters, though I agree the priest is a real pain. Those are really the only audio lines I find myself skipping.

Gameplay-wise, it's serviceable, though the game hasn't really forced me into using Genocide Jack all that much. It's way too easy even on the hardest setting, but Danganronpa has always been more about the plot than the actual gameplay anyway.

i agree, the general feeling of dread in the two games is still there. that part is well done :)
i dont see how you can say those character models are good in anyway though. they are literally PS1 level. PS2/PSP has many games with FAR better character models,and this is the PS4/PS Vita :/

and i did hear that too. i find it more enjoyable to analyze games like this though. it feels more fun to me :)

and i agree. i am playing it on normal,but i wish i had an in-game choice to change to hard and continue playing. i barely ever need to use genocider lol.
(edited 1 year ago)

FFTHEWINNER
1 year ago#8
Making my way up the towa tower

-the multiple projectors in the tower show pictures of the city as nothing happened?? wth??

-Stairs that literally come from and lead into the ether??!! I doubt they would use the VR story again this fast,but i literally cant see anyway this can be real,so i am pretty confused 0_0

-a paper that said that the Future Foundation is connected to Junko?? WTH??

-i dont see how that can be the case,but one thing that is pretty obvious,as i mentioned last time,is that the Future Foundation wont be of any help here

User Info: o5v3

o5v3
1 year ago#9
@FFTHEWINNER The main difference between your playthrough and mine is that I am not good at critizicing games xD. My "suspension of disbelief" is pretty high and when I find mistakes I just ignore them. In my opinion DR2 it's 5x better than DR1: It has better characters, better story, plays around with a lot of tropes and the "Remnants of Despair" revelation makes everything better. (I prefer V3 though, the ending is the best one I have seen in a game)

PS: Yeah, Danganronpa in general is super easy, even the first Ace Attorney is harder than DR1 and 2 combined.

FFTHEWINNER
1 year ago#10
o5v3 posted...
@FFTHEWINNER The main difference between your playthrough and mine is that I am not good at critizicing games xD. My "suspension of disbelief" is pretty high and when I find mistakes I just ignore them. In my opinion DR2 it's 5x better than DR1: It has better characters, better story, plays around with a lot of tropes and the "Remnants of Despair" revelation makes everything better. (I prefer V3 though, the ending is the best one I have seen in a game)

PS: Yeah, Danganronpa in general is super easy, even the first Ace Attorney is harder than DR1 and 2 combined.

intriguing. your opinion on DR2 is certainly a popular one and the majority's opinion. personally though,as i mentioned in the end of my DR2 topic,i believe DR1 was better than DR2. both were pretty good,but DR2 had way too many plotholes,especially in the last chapter and ending,where as the peak of quality of DR1 was its last chapter and ending. also,other than logic dive and the "agree" mechanic the mini games in 2 were far worse than 1,and the setting in DR1 was far more scary and utilized far more. personally, i give DR2 an 8/10 and DR1 a 9/10.

i heard lots of people compare Danganronpa to Phoenix Wright. imo though,Danganronpa is FAR superior to Phoenix Wright. GREAT overarching stories,really good voice acting,lots of twists and turns,enjoyable and memorable characters,etc etc. it is by far the better game series in almost all aspects. maybe the "detective" part is superior in PW,but the point of DR isnt to play detective. it is about the story,and it certainly delivers :)
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
  3. Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls Playthrough (Progressive spoilers!)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A