• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Easiest tactic to beat the Adventurer?

User Info: DrLobotomy

DrLobotomy
5 years ago#1
What is the cheesiest, foolproof way to beat the Adventurer fight?

Class, stats, skills, equipment set-up?

I imagine Stillness is the central element.

User Info: Kirbye2006

Kirbye2006
5 years ago#2
3 Characters-
Valkyrie / Dark Knight
Steady MP
Stand Ground
Rise from the Dead

4th Character-
Time Mage / Anything
Hasten World
See You In Hell
Rise from the Dead
Steady MP

1st Turn-
Time Mage casts Regen on everyone, others guard

2+ Turn-
The three Valkyrie/DK's use Absorb Magic -> Spirit Barrier -> Super Jump each turn (on Auto)
The Time Mage attempts to cast Regen on all characters (on Auto)

It's incredibly hard for the Adventurer to kill you. If the Adventurer doesn't manage to kill one of the Valkyries, then the Valkyrie will get Spirit Barrier up (guaranteed to tank one hit) and Jump, preventing them from being targeted on the next turn.

As long as someone is jumping, Rise from the Dead has the 50% chance each turn to raise downed characters. After they land they still have Spirit Barrier so that they can tank one hit later and do it again. And of course, when he gets around to using Meteor you get a free turn. Just make sure that you're able to kill the Comrade and the Adventurer at the same time when the Adventurer gets low.
People do not read and respond to other user's signatures
Users who respond to this signature: 12 x 9^000 (Started 8/29/09)

User Info: leo716

leo716
5 years ago#3
The easiest a most full-proof way I've found to defeat the Adventurer and his Foxy-Friends is as follows:

All my characters are level 99 and I have all my jobs maxed out. Although, you only really need Monk, Vampire, and Salve-Maker maxed out. You'll also need 4 Beast Livers and 4 Dragon Fangs.

I had Tiz, Agnes, and Edea as a Monk with the Vampirism Job Command. With Ringabel, I had him as a Vampire with the Medication Job Command.

For Tiz, Agnes, and Edea, their Support Abilities were as followed: Drain Attack Up, Rise from the Dead, Natural Talent, and HP 20% Up.

Ringabel's Support Abilities were as followed: Drain Attack Up, Rise from the Dead, Speed 10%, and HP 20% Up.

For equipment, Tiz, Agnes, and Edea had absolutely no equipment on. No weapons, shield, armor, helm, or accessory. For Ringabel, I had him equipped like so: Durandal, Aegis Shield, Red Cap, Crystal Vest, Thief Gloves or Hermes Sandals/Shoes.

From the start of the battle, have Tiz, Agnes, and Edea use Blood Thirst on the Adventurer ONCE. Do NOT Brave or Default. When it's Ringabel's turn, have him Brave x3 (so he has 4 turns) and use Compound with Beast Liver and Dragon Fang. Give all 4 party members this Compound. Then keep using Blood Thirst until Ringabel is able to act again. Then have him Blood Thirst the Adventurer. So, at this point, all 4 team mates should be using Blood Thirst on the Adventurer. Then, just auto and fast-forward.

The Fox will take the hits when it's on the field and occasionally, the Adventurer will revive it. Don't worry, you'll get plenty of hits in on him. It shouldn't take very long to beat him using this method. Don't get greedy and try Braving to get more attacks in. Just be patient. Using this method, none of my characters never went down. But even if the Adventurer is extremely lucky and takes one down, he won't take the other ones down. I've used this method 4 times and I've never lost against him.

User Info: DrLobotomy

DrLobotomy
5 years ago#4
Did it using a slightly modified version of leo716's method. Ringabel's drain damage output was too low to keep him alive so I avoided using auto-battle and used Ringabel to heal/buff/debuff the whole time.

Kirbye2006's was working well for a time but one turn worth of bad timing and everyone was dead soon afterwards.

User Info: Ownagepuffs

Ownagepuffs
5 years ago#5
Mimic meteor stillness cheese tactic works on absolutely everything. If it can beat New Year's Kamiizumi it can beat Adventurer
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice

User Info: Terradrius

Terradrius
5 years ago#6
Ownagepuffs posted...
Mimic meteor stillness cheese tactic works on absolutely everything. If it can beat New Year's Kamiizumi it can beat Adventurer

Won't work on things with status effects, especially status effects that can't be blocked by fairy ward - Asmodeus [+], Ba'al i; Turtle Dove. There's a cheese for every situation (at least until they put out a nemesis with 999 agi or something), but with all the various nemesis superbosses and their different abilities, no single cheese works in every situation.
Pokemon X Friend Code: 3265-5262-3517 - Adam

User Info: Ownagepuffs

Ownagepuffs
5 years ago#7
Terradrius posted...
Ownagepuffs posted...

Won't work on things with status effects, especially status effects that can't be blocked by fairy ward - Asmodeus [+], Ba'al i; Turtle Dove. There's a cheese for every situation (at least until they put out a nemesis with 999 agi or something), but with all the various nemesis superbosses and their different abilities, no single cheese works in every situation.

*Everything in-game. Minus DeRosso's chapter 8 boss team.
".....It's fine, Mr. Wright... Even a bluff would suit me just fine... As long as you can... ..clear up this doubt inside me!"
-Apollo Justice

User Info: alt_reality

alt_reality
5 years ago#8
Reduce his HP to 0.
"Don't tell me you knew this was going to happen from the beginning. Ooh... scary, scary." -Blue Testament, Xenosaga Episode III

User Info: superbabymario

superbabymario
5 years ago#9
I just had everybody as Ninja/Valkyrie with Hasten World, had them all use Super Jump, hit Y, and went to make some popcorn. :P
Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Little Mac.
When the above list reaches 8 names, I will change my sig back. Started 07/19/13.

User Info: Finale_Wanderer

Finale_Wanderer
5 years ago#10
superbabymario posted...
I just had everybody as Ninja/Valkyrie with Hasten World, had them all use Super Jump, hit Y, and went to make some popcorn. :P

That DID NOT WORK!!!!
Currently playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS), Final Fantasy VIII (PS), Dragon Quest VIII (PS2), Super Mario RPG (VC), Assassin's Creed 3 (Wii U)
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Easiest tactic to beat the Adventurer?
  • Topic Archived