• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. What was censored?

User Info: generalhs

generalhs
6 years ago#71
kiyowee posted...
I keep hearing the script was changed for For the Sequel, but what/how exactly was it changed? Any examples?

The example I know of was that the red mage sidequest involved some pretty overt allusions to sex/paedophilia (due to the age of the characters.)

For the Sequel toned that event down considerably and also aged up the characters so it wasn't as disturbing.

Square Enix toned down a few more mature bits in For the Sequel so they could sell the game with a lower rating. It's the kind of thing that actually happens with games and movies all the time except that the original, more explicit version, was also released to the public.

The costumes are definitely modified to get lower ratings in the western world, but the script was altered in Japan as well so I'm not sure if that qualifies as censorship to the same extent. The rumour I'd heard was that a higher up at S-E originally wanted the characters younger than in the original script and that For the Sequel is actually correcting that.
(message deleted)

User Info: Chibirazi

Chibirazi
6 years ago#73
generalhs posted...
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
You're new to video games aren't you?

Look up German laws on it. You have no clue what you're talking about.

The PEGI system, in general, is a lot stricter than ESRB.

When it comes to content of this kind the BPjM is a lot less strict than the ESRB.
They only start start rampaging when there is a droplet of blood around.
As for the censorship itself...yeah its silly and unneeded.

User Info: Torajima

Torajima
6 years ago#74
generalhs posted...
The example I know of was that the red mage sidequest involved some pretty overt allusions to sex/paedophilia (due to the age of the characters.)

Apparently, you don't even know what "paedophillia" is, if you think it involves "illusions to sex" between two make believe characters who are 15 years old.

Were your great grandparents pedophiles? Because it was pretty normal for people to marry in the their mid-teens a few generations ago.

User Info: Akihiko__Sanada

Akihiko__Sanada
6 years ago#75
Too much nudity bothers me. Glad they censored it.
Nelson Nails

User Info: generalhs

generalhs
6 years ago#76
kiyowee posted...
Doesn't For the Sequel also have a C rating, the same as Flying Fairy? Or did they only change the western release to ger the lower ratings in those countries?

The eastern release was changed as well for For the Sequel. The script is identical to the Western release (I mean it does even include the English dub.)

And I didn't know which characters were involved, but in some countries fifteen would be considered pedophilia.

User Info: kiyowee

kiyowee
6 years ago#77
generalhs posted...
kiyowee posted...
Doesn't For the Sequel also have a C rating, the same as Flying Fairy? Or did they only change the western release to ger the lower ratings in those countries?

The eastern release was changed as well for For the Sequel. The script is identical to the Western release (I mean it does even include the English dub.)

I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

User Info: MasterZhul

MasterZhul
6 years ago#78
Wow that needed a censor? I can pick up a kmart add right now and see real women showing much more. This is a disgusting example of just how easily offended and hypocritical people are in this goddamn country.

User Info: Torajima

Torajima
6 years ago#79
generalhs posted...
And I didn't know which characters were involved, but in some countries fifteen would be considered pedophilia.

Pedophillia is sex with children who have not hit puberty. Sex involving teens is NOT pedophilia. Nor is sexual innuendo between two make believe characters (regardless of their age).

User Info: Obon

Obon
6 years ago#80
I really don't mind the censorship on the outfits, I mean it doesn't effect the gameplay in any way since it's just a cosmetic thing.

Besides I think the censored outfits look much better than the uncensored versions, it's not overdoing it, it's just about right. I don't get why some people are putting up a hissy fit on this to the point they decide to drop their pre-order of this game.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. What was censored?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers