• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Summoning Friends

User Info: Brodius

Brodius
5 years ago#1
Is this possible to do more than once?

I see every friend I have summoned has been faded so it can't be summoned again. Do they eventually refresh to be used again or should I just delete them?
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
3DS FC: 1118-0590-0987

User Info: Leanaunfurled

Leanaunfurled
5 years ago#2
Yes, they have to update their Summon though.
Currently Playing: Bravely Default, Monster Hunter 4
3DS FC: 2707-2560-1312 JPN FC 1907-9095-4490

User Info: Brodius

Brodius
5 years ago#3
Does that mean sending it again, or just updating on the side bar screen?
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
3DS FC: 1118-0590-0987

User Info: PDTECRJ

PDTECRJ
5 years ago#4
Yeah, I'm wondering how this works, too. Are abilink and summon friend directly related to each other, or just two separate things you can do once you have a friend?

And is that what the "Send" command is for under Summon? Refreshing your friends' abilities to summon you again? I feel like this stuff will be easier to understand with an instruction manual or something, but trial and error--along with the short tutorial screens--seems to be indicating what I've guessed is correct.
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here

User Info: Sosdoc

Sosdoc
5 years ago#5
PDTECRJ posted...
Yeah, I'm wondering how this works, too. Are abilink and summon friend directly related to each other, or just two separate things you can do once you have a friend?

They're separate things, you can only summon a friend once (you have to wait that they send another attack before doing so again). Abilink is a feature in the full game that lets you link a character to one of your friends, if you do so, that character can then use all the skills that your friend has unlocked, even if you haven't got the level for it!

An example, you friend me, I have maxed out White Mage and Knight (level 14), if you abilink me to Tiz, then Tiz will be able to use every skill I've unlocked for the White Mage and Knight, even if he never gained a level with those jobs.
I don't really have to say that this can potentially break the game if you have many friends that have played much longer than you, but you can always avoid using it if it feels too cheap.

And is that what the "Send" command is for under Summon? Refreshing your friends' abilities to summon you again? I feel like this stuff will be easier to understand with an instruction manual or something, but trial and error--along with the short tutorial screens--seems to be indicating what I've guessed is correct.

The Send command allows you to send any action (magic, attack, item, special attack, whatever) to all your friends, after the battle ends your data will be updated with the move you sent, this means that when a friend summons you, he'll see the character you sent doing the move you sent.
So yes, it updates your summon.
3DS friend code: 3780 - 9051 - 4102
If you add me PM me so I can add you back.

PDTECRJ
5 years ago#6
Thanks, Sosdoc...very helpful!

So I think I have this straight..if I click on "summon" then choose "send," and then choose to do a regular attack, whenever my friend summons me my character will just drop down and do a regular attack?

And if I do all that but choose to, say, cast Blizzara, then when he summons me I'll drop down and cast Blizzara for him? And does it matter if I choose to do it on all enemies or just one...will that have an effect on what my character does when my friend summons me?

And then, lastly, the summon option stays grayed out until that person sends again...but once they send, do I have to Streetpass them again or will it just be updated via my internet connection? I only have one friend I randomly Streetpassed at a McDonalds, so I haven't really be able to test this out. Thanks for all the info!
your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here

PDTECRJ
5 years ago#7
bump
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Summoning Friends
  • Topic Archived