• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM: Enemy Within
  3. Cheating Commands Guide

User Info: Seotinach

Seotinach
5 years ago#21
strykerpsg posted...
cunhak9 posted...
I tested some commands found in DefaultCheats.ini in the new XEW\XComGame\Config folder and with the old method of enemy unknow i got it.

Where do I find the DefaultCheats.ini file? I looked and did a search for Defualt.ini in the XComGame\Config folder and nothing shows up. Is this a hidden .ini file or one that's been manually put in to enable console cheats? I don't want them all, just a few. Thanks

Just in case: Did you check the XComGame\Config in the XEW file? The are two XComGame files, and only the one inside the XEW file seems to have the DefaultCheats.ini.

User Info: strykerpsg

strykerpsg
5 years ago#22
Seotinach posted...
strykerpsg posted...
cunhak9 posted...
I tested some commands found in DefaultCheats.ini in the new XEW\XComGame\Config folder and with the old method of enemy unknow i got it.

Where do I find the DefaultCheats.ini file? I looked and did a search for Defualt.ini in the XComGame\Config folder and nothing shows up. Is this a hidden .ini file or one that's been manually put in to enable console cheats? I don't want them all, just a few. Thanks

Just in case: Did you check the XComGame\Config in the XEW file? The are two XComGame files, and only the one inside the XEW file seems to have the DefaultCheats.ini.

I am running the steam version and only see one folder, opens up to :Binaries and XComGame folders. Binaries has a WIN32 folder, XComGame has Config, Logs and SaveData.

strykerpsg
5 years ago#23
I forgot, within the config folder, I DO NOT see Defaultcheats.ini.

So frustrating.

User Info: Bigj089

Bigj089
5 years ago#24
strykerpsg posted...

So frustrating.

You're looking in the wrong folder.

The file path should be Programfiles->Steam->Steamapps->Common->XCom Enemy Unknown-> XEW->XCom Game->Config.
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator

User Info: MahoganyTooth92

MahoganyTooth92
5 years ago#25
ValiantKnight posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
cunhak9 posted...

.Bindings=(Name="W", Command="Levelupbarracks 7", Alt=True) -- max lv barracks and soldiers lv!)

You can change 7 to 98 to make everybody supersoldiers. Even far more powerful than the hero units, and able to cross the entire map in a single dash and over 300 aim and will, essentially meaning they will never miss any shots. Ever.

*Tested that with the 2 random stats Second Wave options enabled. Unsure how the normal game would handle it.

Just some fun info.

Without hidden potential, it only skyrockets Will.
Aim and HP are still held to normal values.

Thanks for the info.

User Info: jepaan

jepaan
5 years ago#26
These two pages are helpful for anybody wanting to debug/cheat:

http://keops.fr.yuku.com/topic/250/XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-Developer-Console#.UpDe5XUQEWM

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/839767-keybind-commands/
-

strykerpsg
5 years ago#27
Bigj089 posted...
strykerpsg posted...

So frustrating.

You're looking in the wrong folder.

The file path should be Programfiles->Steam->Steamapps->Common->XCom Enemy Unknown-> XEW->XCom Game->Config.

Thanks for the redirect. I tried to use this but it's not working just yet. I will try the latest update posted below and see if there's something I overlooked, just as I overlooked looking in Program Files.

User Info: ShogaNinja

ShogaNinja
5 years ago#28
I don't always like to cheat, but I already beat the crap out of the original, and I just wanted to speed things up and experience the new content. Going through from the beginning to me was painful.

I couldn't get this to work. If you're tired of messing around, let me throw you a bone.

I just used Poke.exe (or Cheat Engine works too) and then simply input the amount of money you have, buy something (only one thing), input the change, repeat if necessary (adding in the appropriate changes), and the program will find your money. If you need to add more than one location you can simply start changing the values 1 at a time and alt tab to check. You'll know when you got it right. If you get it wrong, change the number back to the original value and remove that number from your list. The changes happen instantly, unlike with the other cheat where you have to switch views.

This also works for anything else that you can actively change the numbers on, such as alloys, elyrium, weapon fragments, etc. If you're hurting for good troops you can always type in the names of the creators, as per the original game, and get the heroes.

I have not tried it on health, and I am not sure if it would work on panic or not. Generally with this types of editors you need to put in your information and quickly change it. The longer it is left to sit, the more changes happen to the code and the program tends to get lost.

P.S. Poke works on a LOT of different games (but sadly, not all), and it is the single-most effective and useful, FREE, cheating tool that ever existed. Now you know. Sorry Gamefaqs, but codes are only worth so much.

User Info: otakon2006

otakon2006
5 years ago#29
Alright I decided to try these out on Impossible, now the rank up works and the MELD works, but none of the other cheats work. This is after the first mission by the by, so what none of the other cheats work until you have access to the Situation Room or what? Because it was a hell of a time beating that first mission. Took me like 6 restarts just because the Sectoids kept getting criticals and refused to come to me.

Also, I think the level up doesn't work correctly because it keeps showing my only two guys that got promotions at Squaddie rank and still thinks they need to be leveled up.

User Info: ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight
5 years ago#30
otakon2006 posted...
Alright I decided to try these out on Impossible, now the rank up works and the MELD works, but none of the other cheats work. This is after the first mission by the by, so what none of the other cheats work until you have access to the Situation Room or what? Because it was a hell of a time beating that first mission. Took me like 6 restarts just because the Sectoids kept getting criticals and refused to come to me.

Also, I think the level up doesn't work correctly because it keeps showing my only two guys that got promotions at Squaddie rank and still thinks they need to be leveled up.

Level up past colonel and you will always see the promotion notification. That is normal. Nothing you can really do about it that I know of.

By any chance do you have some of the cheats your using bound to W, A, S, or D? As they do not work.
  1. Boards
  2. XCOM: Enemy Within
  3. Cheating Commands Guide
  • Topic Archived