• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
  3. How Long Does it Take for Melons and Pumpkins to Grow?

User Info: TheGrinningWolf

TheGrinningWolf
4 years ago#1
I planted both near water and then went spelunking for a few real-time hours. I came back and they both had not yet grown more than the first stage past the initial stage when they look like tiny green leaves in the soil. Right now, both the pumpkins and the melons plots look like light brown stalks sticking up out of the ground and don't seem to have changed any for a long time.

Thanks for your help.

TGW

User Info: Duddridge1

Duddridge1
4 years ago#2
I don't really grow melons and pumpkins but I get that with wheat sometimes, I plant a few rows and they grow steadily but one or two patches are still on the first stage of growing.

You could speed things up much faster by killing a skeleton and using the bones to make bone meal, bone meal makes plants grow instantly but with melons and pumpkins it grows the stem completely but you still have to wait for the fruit to grow.

User Info: Duddridge1

Duddridge1
4 years ago#3
Oh another thing, there has to be at least 1 empty dirt block next to it for a place for the fruit to spawn.

User Info: HibiKage

HibiKage
4 years ago#4
You have to keep the chunk loaded or nothing will grow.

Keeping the area very well lit Also helps.
ATM-09 RSC - MS-09
VF-1/S - Tactical Pod Regult

User Info: darkmoonwolf

darkmoonwolf
4 years ago#5
2row (large)for 1 pumpkin

User Info: HibiKage

HibiKage
4 years ago#6
darkmoonwolf posted...
2row (large)for 1 pumpkin

What!? Why would you post this?
ATM-09 RSC - MS-09
VF-1/S - Tactical Pod Regult

User Info: TheGrinningWolf

TheGrinningWolf
4 years ago#7
Thanks to all of you for the help. The first big help was knowing that I have to leave a spot for the grown melon to plop down. Initially I had surrounded the plots with wood slabs. Mistake!

I knew about the torch light so much obliged. I also created a small water channel that runs right down the middle of the two rows I created. They started popping in within a minute after I removed the wood slabs so all is good now. :)

TGW
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition
  3. How Long Does it Take for Melons and Pumpkins to Grow?
  • Topic Archived