• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
  3. Load "Old Version" by default?

User Info: jordangold527

jordangold527
1 month ago#1
I just loaded up Minecraft for the first time in a couple years and had to wait literally 6 minutes for the main menu to load with this new version... everything about it just sucks. Terrible load times, lag out the butt, no access to my old texture/skin packs I paid good money for, etc. I immediately was super thankful that there was an "old version" I could play.

I assume this is impossible, but is there a way to load the "old version" by default instead of spending 4-7 minutes loading up this "new and improved" version?
()_()
(*-*) they're watching you...

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
1 month ago#2
If your having issues with loading stuff in store, or character editing.

Delete and reinstall (fixes few of issues(had do it myself a few times get long loads to go away)

With MS account tacked on, can take abit load all texture packs etc.

Choco Cookies!

User Info: jordangold527

jordangold527
1 month ago#3
Sera67 posted...
If your having issues with loading stuff in store, or character editing.

Delete and reinstall (fixes few of issues(had do it myself a few times get long loads to go away)

With MS account tacked on, can take abit load all texture packs etc.
I mean, I clearly stated that the issue was booting the game up and loading the literal main menu. There is literally no mention in my post about their attempts at a micro transaction store (of which I have less than zero interest) except for the acknowledgement that this new version doesn't allow me to use my old packs.

My question is "Can the game be booted up in the Old Version, which takes 10 seconds, instead of this new version which takes upwards of 6 minutes to boot up?"
()_()
(*-*) they're watching you...
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Atomicsniper

Atomicsniper
1 month ago#4
jordangold527 posted...

I mean, I clearly stated that the issue was booting the game up and loading the literal main menu. There is literally no mention in my post about their attempts at a micro transaction store (of which I have less than zero interest) except for the acknowledgement that this new version doesn't allow me to use my old packs.

My question is "Can the game be booted up in the Old Version, which takes 10 seconds, instead of this new version which takes upwards of 6 minutes to boot up?"

No, there isn’t a way to load the old version, you have to switch manually each time.

Other poster was trying to help.

If your skins/packs weren’t connected to a Microsoft account, they’re gone.

Chances are, you had to purchase them through an account, so they may still be there when you log into/link that account.

If they were the starter pack which came with the game, afaik, they’re still there but do in fact have to be downloaded from the store again, for free.

The game doesn’t take 6 minutes to load, 30-60 seconds at most. Uninstalling the game and reinstalling will likely address these issues as stated, or you have issues on your end (system, connection etc)

This version is so much better than the old version.
Granted, it has a slight learning curve to get used to it, just give it a chance
Father of two little ninjas
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: St0rmShad0w7

St0rmShad0w7
1 month ago#5
If your game is taking 6 mins to start even after reinstalling, something is wrong with your system. The game does not take that long to start up, I can confirm.
Current gen owned - PS5, Xbox Series X, Switch

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
1 month ago#6
jordangold527 posted...
I mean, I clearly stated that the issue was booting the game up and loading the literal main menu.
And what i mention is one of fixes when start up load hangs.

Reinstalling game =/
Choco Cookies!
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
  3. Load "Old Version" by default?
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A