• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
  3. Will Minecraft look like this on next gen?

User Info: EdDontLikeRain

EdDontLikeRain
6 months ago#1
https://youtu.be/SqDrvA-9_jw

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
6 months ago#2
it'll likely look like minecraft
This site is like one big PnPRPG. Sometimes it's fun to be the good guy, sometimes it's fun to be the bad guy.
Don't be offended if I'm surly, I just hate you.

User Info: Craxin01

Craxin01
6 months ago#3
There's some talk about ray tracing and upgraded visuals for next gen, but nothing confirmed as of now.

User Info: bigbadboff

bigbadboff
6 months ago#4
Hope they make a Minecraft 2.
Doubt they will because of all the mods and store stuff but I'm not about any of that.
Would just like a base game with more in it and more mechanics.
Hurrr Durrr, I just post for fun

User Info: EdDontLikeRain

EdDontLikeRain
6 months ago#5
It would be ridiculous to not make graphics like this when they are capable of doing it. Guarantee more people would wanna play it. Right now the graphics are s***, like PS2 graphics. They need to get with the times

User Info: SmashK

SmashK
5 months ago#6
EdDontLikeRain posted...
Right now the graphics are s***, like PS2 graphics. They need to get with the times

I said this exact same thing once BEFORE I had ever played the Minecraft, to which someone replied, “I agree, but it’s part of the charm.”

So yes, I do partially agree with you, and part of me would love to see a major graphics update, but I also agree that the current graphics are part of the charm.

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
5 months ago#7
The Lighting alone the showed before and scraped (bedrock) was good enought o bring new life into it.
(then said it was abit to much for consoles and most users)

I get the old style is part of charm, I see it and go meh... I play cause of building and exploring.
Games dont need to be real looking.

But...... Minecraft dungeons.. 1st time I watch few of YTer's stream it, moving leaves and bushes, and better detail on blocks?

Sign me up for minecraft II looking like that, over realsim. I want that as a update more then anything.
Toss abit of item loot (small bits) so its not just swords and bows and armor. Add abit of dungeons/caves/mines in new form with illagrs, so have reason hit up places, spawners etc for some new loot.
Dial back RNG 95%, So its Minecraft and not a Diablo clone.
Choco Cookies!
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
  3. Will Minecraft look like this on next gen?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A