• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
  3. Is there a way to reset the end in the newer version of minecraft?

User Info: solarboy52

solarboy52
7 months ago#1
The short of it is, i'm in survival, things went screwy and i dun goofed. Now i need a way to reset the end but i don't see an option for it

The long of it:
Minecraft kinda cheaped me. I was out exploring, had gotten some 3000 blocks away from spawn when a trident drowner killed me. I got back just in time to recover half my stuff before it despawned. Among things that despawned were some heavily enchanted diamond gear and my elytra. So i needed to go to the end and i figured it'd go respawn and re-kill the enderdragon for some easy xp (i had a bow with infinity, fire, maxed power, max punch, etc. And other good gear). Now here is the first step to disaster. I had previously taken the enderdragon's egg with me using the piston trick. And it was in my trophy room. So i had to take that and put it in my inventory. Anyways, got the egg went to the fortress and went to the end portal. Now, i had made this world a year or two ago back on the previous version of ps4 minecraft. The "editions" version. So, previously my spawn in the end had been inside of the mass of end blocks that the enderdragon was on. Now i when i spawned which had be the first time going to the end in this new version, i was a 5x5 obsidian platform that was floating over the nothingness with the landmass of the end being about 15-20 blocks away. I had no usable blocks to build a bridge, just some sand i was planing to use to make my way up to the end crystals in the enderdragon fight. So i mined the obsidian platform i was on. Got a couple blocks but missed others, so i tried getting closer to grab the blocks as i broke them. Only i got too close and fell off as a broke a block. So i fell out of the world along with my gear and more importantly, the enderdragon egg. So yeah, if there's any way to set the end while playing survival, that'd be great
I'm not insane, I've just traveled so deep into insanity, that I came out on the other side into sanity

User Info: Morpheus Lyric

Morpheus Lyric
6 months ago#2
Nope.

User Info: matthen

matthen
6 months ago#3
What did you need the egg for? Just need the crystal things to respawn the dragon. And dont need to respawn the dragon to explore the end for more stuff.
Who should we mourn? The person who has died? Or the person who was born? - System Syn

User Info: solarboy52

solarboy52
6 months ago#4
matthen posted...
What did you need the egg for? Just need the crystal things to respawn the dragon. And dont need to respawn the dragon to explore the end for more stuff.
Oh, i thought i need to place the end crystals around the egg to spawn the dragon
And the portal to the end city isn't working. Every time i throw an ender pearl in it just warps me to right beside the big exit portal in the center. I think it's because something didn't convert right when going from the ps4 edition to the current one that allows crossplay
I'm not insane, I've just traveled so deep into insanity, that I came out on the other side into sanity

User Info: matthen

matthen
6 months ago#5
Should be able to bridge across the void if you dont want to fight dragon. She can be a bit broken sometimes.
Who should we mourn? The person who has died? Or the person who was born? - System Syn

User Info: Morpheus Lyric

Morpheus Lyric
6 months ago#6
The end in bedrock is nothing like it is on legacy console. There's no portal to "the end city" -there's an infinite end dimension with sparse, infinite end cities. You're going to have to reset the dragon or bridge out from the main island about 1,000 blocks.
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
  3. Is there a way to reset the end in the newer version of minecraft?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A