• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
  3. Full Discounted Price List for US release.

User Info: ChiefDamonGant

ChiefDamonGant
5 years ago#1
So I just finished buying all the games at the lowest value and here's what you can get. All prices do not include local sales tax which is applied to all purchases seperately. You'll know if a price is at it's lowest because whichever puppy you take with you will tell you and the price box itself will be completely red.

Haggling/Story-Unlocking Games
1st game: $2.00
2nd game: $1.90
3rd game: $1.80
4th game: $1.70
5th game: $1.60
6th game: $1.00

Discount Coupon Games
All four games: $1.50

Three of the four games I was able to get down to $1.50 (where it caps). The fourth I got it down to $1.52 with my last three coupons but Rusty said it was a little difficult to do the math on so he just rounded it down to $1.50!

Not bad overall. If you add that up it comes out to exactly $16 (down from the full price of $40). It almost seems rediculous that Nintendo would even allow you to buy the games at that much, but I guess if you were really that lazy...

Anyway, it is most definitely worth that much money for the amount of content you get. I haven't even finished a single game fully yet and I'm not even going for A Ranks outside of the Hi-Score Derby modes.
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai

User Info: simpsons403

simpsons403
5 years ago#2
Thank you for posting this! Very tempting... I really enjoyed the demo of the 1st game.
Listening to: Bombay Bicycle Club, Snowmine
Playing: Kid Icarus Uprising, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Final Fantasy2389 5 years ago#3
I only have 2 games right now but I kinda feel bad for haggling. He leads a depressing life. But dang it, I wanna be cheap haha.
http://bit.ly/YH0AmG
http://bit.ly/1bZZw6k

User Info: norshanare

norshanare
5 years ago#4
Do you know how many 30% off and 10% off discount coupons there are?

I was thinking of using 3 30% off coupons.

This game is FUN, addictive and nerve wracking (when U R close ) LOL

ChiefDamonGant
5 years ago#5
norshanare posted...
Do you know how many 30% off and 10% off discount coupons there are?

I was thinking of using 3 30% off coupons.

This game is FUN, addictive and nerve wracking (when U R close ) LOL

I don't remember the specific amount of coupons but MOST of them you get 2 of. I think one or two of them you only get a single one of.
Half Off
30% Off
10% Off
$1.00 Off
$0.50 Off
$0.30 Off

You should have EXACTLY enough to get the lowest price on all four games. I got $1.50 on three of them and $1.52 on the last one, but as I mentioned above in the spoiler cut, it got rounded down to $1.50 in the end.

Just do the math carefully and remember that the % amount applies to the current price, not the starting price.

So if you used 10% off on $4.00, it'd take 40 cents off ($3.60). But if you used ANOTHER 10% off after that, it'll only take off 10% of $3.60, or 36 cents and bring the price down to $3.24.

What you want to do is lead the negotiations with the % coupons and then use the specific cent/dollar off coupons once you've cut the price down enough. Remember that the price can't go below $1.50, so any extra amount the coupon WOULD take off after that will just be discarded. I know on at least one game I went over on the discount.
passid.ca/zai

norshanare
5 years ago#6
Hey!! Thanks for the info. I only have $1.47 left, so I'm going to shoot for the 1/2 off coupon and the $1.00 off coupon and get the Bat Master for $1.00 . My sales tax is 8 cents to a dollar. I figured 10 - 11 cents for sales tax total.

Not really looking to add more funds to my account.

ChiefDamonGant
5 years ago#7
norshanare posted...
Hey!! Thanks for the info. I only have $1.47 left, so I'm going to shoot for the 1/2 off coupon and the $1.00 off coupon and get the Bat Master for $1.00 . My sales tax is 8 cents to a dollar. I figured 10 - 11 cents for sales tax total.

Not really looking to add more funds to my account.

You can't get Bat Master for $1.00. The cheapest any discount coupon game gets is $1.50.

Only the very last "gold key" game is sold for $1.00 and you need to buy all the other gold key games first.
passid.ca/zai

norshanare
5 years ago#8
Awwww, that sucks. I may as well give up on trying to get best scores or what not.

Again, thanks for the info. You saved me a WASTE of time. LOL

User Info: Q27

Q27
5 years ago#9
I've yet to even attempt to haggle. Do the prices stay down once you've lowered them? Because I wanna give the haggling a try now, & pick up an eShop card later.
3DS Friend Code: 1203-9330-8848

User Info: RyuSerpentine

RyuSerpentine
5 years ago#10
@ Q27 The prices do stay down. Once you have discounted an item, if you leave the pup you picked will let you know that the price stayed lower, If you go back in the store the game will show the full price on the shelf, but as soon as you select it rusty will say he remembers and mark the price down to what you had it at.
  1. Boards
  2. Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
  3. Full Discounted Price List for US release.
  • Topic Archived