• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Weakupedia

Weakupedia
6 years ago#1
From the Facebook page:

SOULCALIBUR II HD ONLINE - UPDATE YOUR GAME NOW

We are pleased to announce that a new patch for SoulCalibur II HD Online will be deployed very shortly.

Here is the patch note:

Online Matching service improvements:

* Improved matching filters. Players will now have the choice to search an opponent depending on his region.
Available region are: “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, “Asia” and “ANY”.
ANY do not means all regions. ANY means all regions except “North America”, “South America”, “Europe”, and “Asia”.
* Online matching search settings are now saved until the console is rebooted.
* Rematch option can now be chosen during Online Free Match mode. The option have to be activated when player creates the game.
* Communication quality meter is now displayed along the fight next to opponent’s ID.

Fixed historical known bugs of the original SoulCalibur II PAL version released 10 years ago:

* Cervantes crash bug from Arcade Version has been fixed
Cervantes A+K (Guard Impact)
* Fixed bugs on several characters
Ivy 4A+B -> B cannot be guard > Fixed
Maxi's 3B+K -> B hits twice > Fixed
Voldo's "Mantis Fire Dance". Mantis Crawl => 66 is cancelled by pressing G while command is performed > Fixed
Kilik's K is hit, it can be cancelled by pressing G > Fixed

I dunno if those are all the PAL bugs, and it's kind of ridiculous that online didn't have a rematch option to begin with, but this is a step in the right direction!

Now let's fix that nasty netcode.
http://backloggery.com/cwistofu
We are not who we are.

User Info: whirow

whirow
6 years ago#2
Almost all the PAL glitches. Leftovers:
Ivy SE B (Not sure if fixing 4A+BB fixes this since they have same properties)
Mina's Doom Kick (Not sure if fixing the Kilik one means they fixed the Mina one)
All the G2 stuff
Scrub Mentality: When you lose, its either: Lag, Opponent Character is Broken, Spam. Remember, it is never your own damn fault

User Info: Crocomire

Crocomire
6 years ago#3
My version is 1.01. Does this mean the patch has been applied?
Nadia: "Bonaire is such a delicious hunk of man-beef!
But he's more interested in the tidal swells than the rise and fall of my heaving bosom...sigh"

User Info: Weakupedia

Weakupedia
6 years ago#4
Doom kick?
And G2 wasn't exclusive to the PAL version, so fat chance of that ever being patched.
http://backloggery.com/cwistofu
We are not who we are.

User Info: Sam-os_IMP

Sam-os_IMP
6 years ago#5
So is this still a lagfest?
PSN: Serious-Sam

whirow
6 years ago#6
Actually, we don't need G2 fixed, that's the beauty of it.
Scrub Mentality: When you lose, its either: Lag, Opponent Character is Broken, Spam. Remember, it is never your own damn fault

User Info: masterkyle

masterkyle
6 years ago#7
I have ps3 version. how do we update? Is it automatic? Has it been released on canada or US systems?
PSN: psrundenation

whirow
6 years ago#8
I think it's not released yet, it just says soon

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
6 years ago#9
Weakupedia posted...
Doom kick?

Doom kicks were a glitch in the PAL version exclusive to Kilik and Seong Mi-na. If you hit G at the precise moment of when their K lands, the recovery animation will be canceled. This allows them to do certain combos and setups that wouldn't normally work. They can also lead to an infinite in the corner but this requires extremely precise timing, almost on the level of El Fuerte's RSF (Run-Stop-Fierce) infinite in Street Fighter 4.
USF4: M. Bison, Rolento | TTT2/TR: Feng/Dragunov | BBCP: Terumi, Azrael
GameFAQs #1 Noel Vermillion Hater At Your Service

whirow
6 years ago#10
It's a lot better for Kilik.
K~G 22_88B combos

Main thing is that you get like +20 plus on hit and +10 on block.

Timing is strict and not exactly plausible as an infinite
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find unlockable characters in the game? Side Quest1 Answer
Online Seems Barren? General1 Answer
Sudden Death? General1 Answer
Online Trophies Help? General1 Answer