• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ace Combat Infinity
  3. Piston Aircraft Team Deathmatch!

User Info: Aceplayer423

Aceplayer423
6 years ago#51
Oh man, if they added they B-17 Flying fortress later as a piston bomber, i'd die a happy man
psn: Ultragamerz2000
Main aircraft: F22 raptor, F15 s/mtd, F117 nighthawk.

User Info: Minesweeper_

Minesweeper_
6 years ago#52
GSP7 posted...
Armor LL seems better than going with the 2 tiny speed parts.

Yes, Armor helps a lot in this mode. There's not a lot you can do to escape once you're in somebody's sights. Well, aside from keep dodging while waiting for the other guy to get bored or for a teammate to attack him. Armor helps you survive until one of those two things happens. Plus since everybody's planes are worth the same points, more armor means fewer points for the enemy player since he's not doing as much damage to you.

I run Pitch L and the highest level of armor I can fit with the slots left over, and that seems to work the best. The new Machine Gun Range + Damage L combo part was 348k but it was worth it.

User Info: ZeroQ8

ZeroQ8
6 years ago#53
hmmm

http://gwiki.orz.hm/acinf/%E6%A9%9F%E4%BD%93/Bf%20109%20G-10

Minesweeper_
6 years ago#54
Do you feel like being super aggressive in this mode is the way to win?

When I first started playing this mode, I would try to avoid being killed to deny the enemy team points. However, this meant I spent most of the match running away, not getting points, and then my team would lose.

But then when I decided to play aggressively and go for points at all costs (even being shot down), I started winning games left and right and raising my MR much higher than it was before. I went from 1610 to 1640 in just four games. Sure, I got shot down more often, but our team would still come out the winners.

Now I think I understand why most players keep chasing whoever they're chasing instead of trying to evade you when you're attacking.

User Info: Kwicko2015

Kwicko2015
6 years ago#55
Minesweeper_ posted...

When I first started playing this mode, I would try to avoid being killed to deny the enemy team points. However, this meant I spent most of the match running away, not getting points, and then my team would lose.

But then when I decided to play aggressively and go for points at all costs (even being shot down), I started winning games left and right and raising my MR much higher than it was before. I went from 1610 to 1640 in just four games. Sure, I got shot down more often, but our team would still come out the winners.

Now I think I understand why most players keep chasing whoever they're chasing instead of trying to evade you when you're attacking.

That's been pretty much my experience as well. Accept that you'll likely be shot down, but try to make sure you take down at least 4 or 5 enemy planes for every time one of them gets you, and you should end up on the winning team.

I'm having my best luck with the Spitfire. I've put it up to Lv6 (close to Lv7 now), 16 slots on it (24 points to my next slot), New Machine Gun L, Cockpit armor LL, and a few other parts, and while I'm still not MVP'ing the matches, I'm no longer dead last at the bottom of the heap. I'm usually running 2nd or 3rd with people around my pitiful (1470) MR. But it's climbing now, instead of falling, so that's something.

It's been an eye opener to realize just how terrible I am with machineguns or weapons that don't lock on. :)
PSN ID: Kwicko

Minesweeper_
6 years ago#56
If you want to score better, I've discovered that it's best to do these things, in order of importance:

1) Go after players who are already badly wounded, since you get a lot of points if you strike the final blow. Plus it means the enemy team will have one less plane in the sky for a few seconds, giving your team time to gang up on the remaining planes.

2) Go after players who are busy trying to shoot down somebody else. They tend to be flying in straighter lines and not paying attention to their six.

3) When you spawn in, you usually spawn in high up. This is a very advantageous position to be in, so pick out a target, dive bomb him, and take him by surprise. It's usually an easy kill when you do this.

4) On the flip side, gain altitude whenever you have a breather. This helps keep you from being targeted from players doing #3.

5) This one's a bit dirty, but pick out the weakest player on the enemy team (like a guy in the rental set) and target him over and over again. Everybody's usually worth the same amount of points, so you may as well go for the easiest target.

6) Avoid playing chicken: flying head on at an enemy player and trading shots. With that being said, if you find yourself in a chicken duel, don't disengage or the other guy will get a lot of free shots and points off you. Sure, staying in a chicken duel means you'll take massive damage but at least you'll probably score about as many points as the other guy does.

Kwicko2015
6 years ago#57
On the chicken thing, I've actually gotten away with it more often than not.

Having the cockpit armor helps, as does firing off rockets & machineguns at the same time, or cannon & guns - two weapons will just chew up the enemy in a hurry.

I've been working on the other tips, especially taking down the most-wounded player or the weakest link. And yes, altitude really is king.

User Info: sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128
6 years ago#58
Minesweeper_ posted...

Be hyper aggressive. I only ever actively dodge as a delay tactic when I see I am the only one left alive and everyone is chasing me. Trying to fight back in that situation is impossible. Instead, use that time to kite the enemy team to a lower altitude to set them up for a dive bomb strike by your allies when they do spawn. In that moment, you can often get a team wipe and turn the tides upon which your team can focus fire enemies as they spawn in one by one.
Next generation CQB
https://imgur.com/hIXySHP

User Info: sneakysnake128

sneakysnake128
6 years ago#59
Kwicko2015 posted...
On the chicken thing, I've actually gotten away with it more often than not.

Having the cockpit armor helps, as does firing off rockets & machineguns at the same time, or cannon & guns - two weapons will just chew up the enemy in a hurry.

I've been working on the other tips, especially taking down the most-wounded player or the weakest link. And yes, altitude really is king.

I've tried both an armor LL build and a pitch L+armor S build. The pitch has gotten me much further. What's the point of staying alive when you can't even turn fast enough to bring your enemy into visual. It's more about how many points you can contribute to your team than it is denying your enemy points, as it is a race to the finish and not a battle of attrition.
Next generation CQB
https://imgur.com/hIXySHP

Kwicko2015
6 years ago#60
Running the Spitfire with armor LL, quick turn datalink, and datalink boost Misc. part seems to keep me turning inside most enemies, the occasional Zero notwithstanding. Given the tightness of the furball, it seems we're pretty much always within datalink range, so the quick-turn datalink should be a decent add-on when no more parts will fit.

I'll be adding handling parts just as rapidly as I can add slots, though. For now, I have to be still in the sky to be able to shoot back, and without armor I'm just getting chewed to bits before I can get a bead on the enemy.
  1. Boards
  2. Ace Combat Infinity
  3. Piston Aircraft Team Deathmatch!
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
A new threadmechabaka4336/16 3:27PM

GameFAQs Q&A