• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
  3. Do i Need to Play Earlier Titles to Understand Whats Going on for Into The Nexus

User Info: Pirumentis

Pirumentis
6 years ago#1
Am looking to get into this Series am a Late adapter to PS3 i got my console last year April 2014 and I've been looking at Review for this game and i'm very interested into getting onto this game series but what i wanna know do i need to play earlier titles to understand this game? because i wanna pick up Ratchet & Clack: All 4 One and Into the Nexus but do i need to pick up Crack in Time would it be important to pick up?

User Info: reapertorch

reapertorch
6 years ago#2
No you don't have to. But please skip All 4 One and that other game (it's a tower defense). But this game is pretty short compared to the others in the series. The important games which you should look into if you're interested after playing Into the Nexus are Ratchet and Clank, Ratchet and Clank 2: Going Commando, Ratchet and Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet:Deadlocked (it's the funniest in the series and has the coolest challenges and such), Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and A Crack in Time. Also, Into the Nexus has the code for Quest for Booty (which is two hour long DLC for the first game in the ps3 trilogy).

User Info: RocketJess

RocketJess
6 years ago#3
I think you'll appreciate this game much more if you've played other games first.

Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time are the two critical ones - they're story-heavy and introduce characters and plot elements that are relevant for this game. (You could possibly get away with just ToD, but it ends on a cliffhanger leading into ACiT, and that's one of the best games in the series.)

All 4 One is not as bad as some fans will try to tell you it is. It's fun, but it's a break from the usual gameplay format, and not important story-wise.... yet. (The ending may set up for future plots.)
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles
  1. Boards
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
  3. Do i Need to Play Earlier Titles to Understand Whats Going on for Into The Nexus
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A