• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Lavanny

Lavanny
1 month ago#51
Topic title should have been "This is a Very Japanese Game".

Would trigger the ignorant racist xenophobes even more lol
I agree to disagree.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#52
I don’t see how that would’ve been better

nothing xenophobic about thinking most dubs sound good
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; Mii Name: Luigi
NNID: MARIOS_BRO123; Steam, PSN, and XBL: IceBlueLugia

Lavanny
1 month ago#53
Good for you. This topic is about people crapping on Eng Dubs in Very Japanese videogames
I agree to disagree.

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#54
Lavanny posted...
Good for you. This topic is about people crapping on Eng Dubs in Very Japanese videogames
that doesn’t make sense. What if someone wanted to play the game with an English dub but wasn’t a fan of the in-game voices. Sub isn’t necessarily superior just because it’s technically the original

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#55
Heh, TC's so triggered...

Lavanny
1 month ago#56
LuigiFan835 posted... that doesn’t make sense. What if someone wanted to play the game with an English dub but wasn’t a fan of the in-game voices. Sub isn’t necessarily superior just because it’s technically the original

Sub is USUALLY superior because it's the original just like any media.

IF you complain about the Eng Dub in this very Japanese Game and then refuse to use Japan Sub, you are ignorant.
I agree to disagree.
(edited 1 month ago)

LuigiFan835
1 month ago#57
Sub voices tend to sound the same for me. It’s weird because I know voice acting is a big industry in Japan, whereas in America I swear Troy Baker and Laura Bailey are in like 90% of the s*** I watch/play but for some reason characters seem to sound a lot more distinct in dub. They also usually sound a bit more natural, Japanese voices are often very exaggerated. Like whenever a girl has an extremely high pitched voice in sub, in dub it will often be high-pitched as well but still sound semi-realistic. That might be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

I do watch a decent amount of subbed anime. I usually tend to watch whatever’s more popular since that’s what the fandom will be more familiar with. So for things like Naruto and Death Note I will watch dub 100%.

I think you should be more open minded. All the VAs in this game are great

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#58
It’s weird because I know voice acting is a big industry in Japan, whereas in America I swear Troy Baker and Laura Bailey are in like 90% of the s*** I watch/play but for some reason

You say this yet, if you told me that there are like 3/4 total voice actors in all of Japan who voice over every game and anime, I'd believe it. Deep-voiced man, normal woman, high-pitched woman and young man are basically the four voices I always hear.

Lavanny
1 month ago#59
^That's because you're ignorant and racist
I agree to disagree.

Hotel_Security
4 hours ago#60
This entire topic started from you making "racist" comments. Glass houses, hon.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A